main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where is Padme's entourage?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by EwokThatCried, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    Obviously as queen she had all the handmaidens, in AOTC she had some decoys and assistants, but in ROTS she is left alone except for Threepio.

Why doesn't she have the usual groupies following her around? [face_thinking]

For that matter, why doesn't she do any work at all? I know there were some cut scenes where she's actually doing her job, but for the most part she's just hanging out at home fluffing pillows all day and watching All My Children.

2. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    threepio is a lot cheaper to afford then all of the entourage, the war and all caused a galaxy wide reduction in luxuries, like a ration card society, a la the US in both world wars.

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    They had some, but I think the scenes were cut.

4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Original plans called for Padme's decoys and bodygaurds to get mowed down by Battledroids when they accompany her to Mustafar. But it works better to see her on her own. We do hear poor Captain Typho's voice when she says she is going alone, but her handmaidens are all left behind.

5. halfwits-r-us

Mar 27, 2005
    god I am glad they didn't have the battledroids mowing them down.

6. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I think that a CG Typho may have a few moments of screen time as well but I could be wrong.

7. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    CG or not, Typho is seen walking with Padme to her cruiser but he's so far away you only know it's him because the script says so.

8. halfwits-r-us

Mar 27, 2005
    well that and you can tell it's his voice, we need an entourage even rocky had an entourage!

9. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    Yeah, now I remember Typho on the landing platform. So she still had some protection which she refused. It just seemed so odd she was so isolated and didn't seem connected to the story beyond the Anakin arc.

I look forward to the DVD deleted scenes, but I am most saddened that the cool dreadlock/braid hairdo isn't in the film.

Anyway, I was just wondering if Lucas dropped her entourage because he couldn't figure out a way to keep her relationship with Anakin secret or hide the fact she is pregnant if handmaidens are around helping her bathe and brushing her hair for her.

10. ChozenOne

ChozenOne Jedi Master

Sep 20, 2004
    Durring AOTC she didnt really have any handmaidens, just 1 decoy and a close friend in her apartment. I think the handmaidens were only for her when she was a queen not a senator.

11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Her handmaidens did know she was pregnant and married, though. In the screenplay there's a scene where Anakin is waiting for her when she arrives that they were in.

12. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I think you can briefly see Captain Typho in Padme's senate pod, but I may be thinking of AtoC when he's in the pod when Jar Jar calls for emergency powers.

13. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i think she only had jar jar,dormé and cap typho. why would she have a dozen of handmaidens ?? she is only a senator by AOTC and ROTS.

14. halfwits-r-us

Mar 27, 2005
    why? we need an entourage, it's a continuity error, a smell a plothole, even rocky had a plothole!

but seriously I think it's because of my 3P0 explanation, he's cheaper then the entourage, and she didn't have 3P0 in AOTC.

15. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    no but she had dormé,she is prettier than 3PO;)

16. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    They're with me, at my house, drinking Tarisian ale. Now all I have to do is wait...
    (This will make no sense to those that haven't played Kotor).

But honestly? I think Lucas didn't think it was important to have any scenes with Padme and her entourage this time around. Most of Padme's scenes are just with her and Anakin and are pretty intimate. I think it's just the arc of the story.

17. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    considering the deleted scenes she was with anakin or with his senator friends so handmaidens are not required.

18. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    The whole point was secrecy. Probably not a really good idea to have 20 people all around when you're trying to hide pregnancy along with a forbidden marriage. Not only that, she was no longer the queen. Her entourage seems to have slowly tapered off as the PT moves along.

19. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    hit the nail in the head thechozn1 has.

20. BrideofVader

BrideofVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2005
    Um... do you pay attention to how often the US Congress is in session and how often they're in recess? What about the US Senate? And do you think that these guys and gals actually read all of the bills they are voting on? No, they have someone else do it and give them a synopsis. They're usually out golfing with lobyists (if male) or shopping (if female). With Palpatine's increased powers, is it any wonder that Padme had very little to do? Did you also notice she was pregnant. Ever had morning sickness? She's NOT fluffing pillows. She's most likely just trying to keep her breakfast down and trying to swallow those gods-awfully huge prenatal pills at the same time.

I wish people would ease up on poor Padme.

21. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    No one got the Tarisian ale joke? Darn.

22. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    For that matter, why doesn't she do any work at all? I know there were some cut scenes where she's actually doing her job, but for the most part she's just hanging out at home fluffing pillows all day and watching All My Children.

geez that's not sexist. the girls pregnant . should she be out plowing the back forty? [face_laugh]

23. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    She had two handmaidens and Captain Typho, we just didn't see them around much because in most of the scenes she is in her own home after they have been dismissed. And she does work, but again, in most of the scenes she is at home. She is working, we just don't see her working.

24. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    One handmaiden, Elle, was completely cut out of ROTS.

25. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Her handmaidens were making it with Jar-Jar in the big love scene that was cut. :p :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.