main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT where is palpantine/darth sidious in episode 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by deadly jp, Mar 22, 2015.

1. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    We know after watching rots that yoda is in dagaboah in episode 4 but where was palpantine in episode 4 and 5, he wasnt on the death star in episode 4 and he just appeared on a hologram in episode 5 but where was he doing his hologram communication with vader??????? Where and which planet????

Weslo Calrissian yo likes this.
  2. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Sitting on his throne in Coruscant, the galactic capital.

He was the Emperor of the galaxy, not some military commander. Where else would he be?

3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You forgot a few question marks.
    The only reason the Emperor even left the capitol and went to that Death Star was because he sensed Vader's betrayal and to draw the Rebels into the trap.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He might have been on his home planet Naboo, taking a vacation from the pressures of Empire - but somehow I doubt it.

5. march162015

march162015 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2015
    Where is Hitler in all the World War II movies?

6. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    He was there all along. Episode 4 - The Stormtrooper who bumped his head? Palpatine, clearly not used to the helmet misjudged the doorway. Episode 5 - who do you think was REALLY wearing the Boba Fett armour? Obviously our buddy Sheev curious about what his apprentice Vader was up to. Certainly crafty enough to be Palpatine.

Alternatively, he was on Coruscant, Emperoring it up and being eeeevil. Cos that's just how he rolls.

7. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Or maybe he was on board the the Millennium Falcon the whole time.

[​IMG]

8. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    OHMYGOSH... It all makes complete and total sense. I mean, there ARE those handy-dandy compartments the right size for a human to hide in... That's why they never shot the Falcon down... and how they tracked it without Han 'Galaxy's Greatest Smuggler' detecting any tracer beacons: Sheev was chilling in the floor force-chatting to Vader.

9. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    In Episode 4 he was tying up loose ends with the Senate by the sounds of it. In TESB he may well have been spending time looking into the Son of Skywalker situation.

10. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Episode 4: Disbanded the Galactic Senate completely. Location: Coruscant
    --Tarkin: "The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I've just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently."

Episode 5: Sensed through the Force that Luke was actually the Son of Skywalker. Location: Presumably Coruscant
    -- The conversation with Vader

11. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    So Sheev was just sitting around in a wife beater shirt loudly complaining about how his glory days are over.

Get that image out of your head.

jakobitis89 and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
  12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    This is where he was...

[​IMG]

A giant middle finger to the Jedi Order.

He didn't sense Vader's betrayal. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been taken by surprise.

13. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Palps was more than likely on Coruscant during Ep 4 and 5.

14. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    Taken by surprise when Vader picked him up and threw him over the railing as he was having too much fun shocking Luke, yes, but Palpatine seemed clearly concerned about Vader's intentions after the Battle of Hoth, which was under the guise of just seeking to route out the Rebels (just as Luke started training with Yoda) and then later when they were on the second Death Star. "I wonder if your thoughts on this matter are clear."

Darth_Dreadwar and Iron_lord like this.
  15. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    He was partying!

[​IMG]

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Watching the History Channel.

Around the time of ROTJ, programming switched from All Hitler All The Time to reality shows about aliens.

Sheev switched channels, but there were no more music videos on MTV either.

He muttered "Hell with this, I need to see if the Death Star II is finished so I can use it on the cable company" and left.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Palpatine brought up Luke not because of Vader, but because of the threat the boy posed to them as any Jedi would be able to take them out. Kanan and Ezra had been annoying, but Luke was more dangerous as he was capable of doing more damage. But at Endor, he's uncertain of Vader because his ability to use the Force is diminishing. He's less bothered by Vader and more that he couldn't sense Luke.

18. Bobatron

Sep 3, 2012
    Palpatine was unsure of Vader because he wanted to go meet with his son who is with the Rebels, this Jedi trained son he also wanted as his own apprentice. After what Vader secretly offered Luke in The Empire Strikes Back, Palpatine had every reason to distrust him and his intentions in meeting with this son because he knows that is the nature of the Sith, as we also learn from the "Rule of Two" when watching TPM years later. I still see Palpatine's question as a cautionary probe. Earlier when Palpatine asked Vader if he would like to continue his search for young Skywalker, Vader glances before a reluctant yes, as if feeling his thoughts infiltrated.

Darth_Dreadwar and Ananta Chetan like this.
  19. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    He was on the toilet. Old people take FOREVER!!!

20. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Where is the Emperor during A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back? He's at home, washing his tights.

darth-sinister and Iron_lord like this.
  21. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

[​IMG]

22. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    The Emporer was in his office on Coruscant . There wasn't much for him to do in that time frame. The Empire was entrenched.

23. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    At the beach.

Palpatine in swim trunks. I am truly evil.

24. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Where was Palpatine in Episode 4 and 5?

Coruscant probably
    sitting on his throne
    sitting on his other throne a.k.a the toilet
    sitting at the table
    sleeping in his bed
    occasionally taking a shower
    probably doesn't get out much
    take little walks in the palace

Paparazzo and Thuro like this.
  25. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    I now have the image of Palpatine just chilling on his throne, thinking to himself "Life Is pretty sweet. You Know I think I might throw a Congratulations party for my buddy, Tarkin. He deserves it"

darklordoftech likes this.