main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series where is the show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by theimmortaljedi, Dec 9, 2011.

1. sacharias

sacharias Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2011
    It's called bluffing. :p

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    No, I'm in no mood to argue nonstop with you, Alexrd.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's not an argument, but a clarification. But I understand if you don't want to answer. I only find it very strange that you're glad to not watch the series for a month, yet you keep watching it. If you are glad for not watching for a month, what keeps you from not doing it forever?

4. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Simple, it's a deal he made with GM.

A deal that is getting worse all the time. [face_laugh]

5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Did they always show 12 episodes in the first half of the season, and then air the last 10 in the following year?

6. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, to be fair, it's a deal that gets worse, then gets better, then gets REAL bad, then is actually quite splendid, then is frustratingly awful....

7. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    That's one of the hardest things with this show is it's lack of consistency. They give us some really great stuff and then throw in rehashes and by the numbers episodes as an encore.

I understand it's hard to do on a show over years and years but they have some top of the line talent assembled and quality control should be better.

But my biggest gripe with the show is that instead of deepening the existing stories and characters from the films, it has sometimes contradicted and retconned them.

A HUGE opportunity was missed here.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think they do a lot of different types of episodes because they want to, and we as fans obviously have some types of episodes we're partial towards and some we aren't. You do don't do episodes like Mercy Mission and Nomad Droids if you're trying to always be like Umbara, I think it's safe to say it's a conscious decision.

9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    True, there is some top talent involved with the show one way or the other. But, this show is not really original in nature.

Genndy's clone wars was original, this show is a bunch of cut concepts, fanboy wishes, and GL wanting to add stuff that he could not do in his movies beucase of time, money, and story issues.

Whether we consider it canon or not, whehter the stories jive or not, the issue is, when do the stories become original? Not coming from GL in anyway, not having fanboy wishes (homeges to other movies or the star wars movies themselves), or introducing cut content, shelved ideas, and the like.

10. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    They've always done 11 episodes before christmas and the other 11 afterwards

11. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    o_O

Season 1: 10 before, 12 after
    Season 2: 8 before, 14 after
    Season 3: 11 before, 11 after
    Season 4: 12 before, 10 after

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Come on guys. Just about two more weeks to go. No biggie.

13. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    My mistake:p

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Wow. Season 2 was a bit of a tease.

I would rather have 1 episode per week in 22 weeks straight, starting from the first week of September, than have these back to back episodes on the same day and these boring month long waits for the show to come back on.

15. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Season 2 had a awful schedule :oops:

16. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Indeed. At least they've learned. We've only had 1 break so far (not counting christmas break). For the record, season 2 had 10+ breaks.