main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Where it all Began: ANH AU; Leia, Han, Luke, Chewie, etc. COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by leapylion3, Aug 2, 2011.

1. leapylion3

leapylion3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2011
    Another story in progress? :eek:
    Why yes, another one!
    I had to step a bit out of my comfort zone here; I've never written an AU before, and I barely write in the past tense. So please tell me what you think! :D
    Enjoy! @};-
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Where it all Began
    Chapter One

My life on Tatooine could be described as completely normal, ordinary, and as inconspicuous as you could possibly get. Well, it was, that is, until two droids came to be in our service. They sent me on a wild, never-ending adventure involving a rescue mission, an old Jedi Knight, a scoundrel, a walking carpet, love, a prince, two droids, and a bloody war between a small band of Rebels and the all-powerful Empire.
    But I?m getting ahead of myself. Let me introduce myself. I?m Leia Skywalker, moisture farmer turned Jedi and Rebel hero. I was nineteen by the time our story starts, on a scorching hot summer afternoon on the Outer Rim desert planet of Tatooine?

It was a normal day on the farm; Uncle Owen was cursing at the recently busted vaporator, Aunt Beru was cooking up a storm, and then there was me. An ordinary young woman, who wanted nothing more than to realize her dreams. Of course that wasn?t going to happen anytime soon on this rock, but a girl could hope.
    It was probably a normal day on the rest of the planet, too; Stormtroopers doing their usual patrols, the scum of Mos Eisley doing more illegal things than a person could imagine, and Jawas were selling worthless scrap. Speaking of which?
    ?Leia! Come out front!? Uncle Owen bellowed; I knew what time of the month it was.
    ?Coming, Uncle Owen!? I called back, dropping my datapad onto the table and running for the stairs. When I stepped outside, I saw the huge Sandcrawler filled with droids, scrap metal, and anything else the Jawas could find. I was never fond of those rodents, nor am I now; they don?t exactly scream ?reliable?.
    I hung back while Uncle Owen spoke with the head Jawa. Droids were never really my thing; I hated to repair them, which ended up being quite often, considering the quality of the Jawas? merchandise. Our last droids ended up having a spontaneous combustion. It wasn?t a pretty sight?
    While I was lost in my thoughts, Uncle Owen picked a red R4 model, and a shiny golden protocol droid. I figured it was because Owen got sick of throwing curses and punches at the vaporator. ?Leia, bring these two inside,? my uncle instructed, handing the Jawa some credit chips.
    ?Sure,? I plaster a fake smile on my face, walking up to the electronic duo. Great, I thought, two more droids.
    ?Hello, Mistress..?? The protocol droid begun, but trailed off because he didn?t know my name.
    ?Leia.?
    ?Hello, Mistress Leia!? He chirped, waving his metallic arms. ?I am C-3PO, human cyborg relations. I am fluent in over six million forms of communication-?
    ?Including Bocce??
    ?Why yes, of course,?
    I forgot about the astromech until his dome began to emit smoke. ?Uncle Owen!? I cough, waving my arm through the smoke, ?The astromech has a bad motivator!?
    Uncle Owen yelled at the small rodent for a couple of minutes, before choosing a blue R2 unit, suggested by Threepio. ?Go and clean ?em up a bit before dinner,? Uncle Owen said when he returned to my side, counting his credit chips to make sure the Jawa didn?t rip him off.
    I flashed him a fake smile, one that I had perfected over the years. ?Of course, Uncle,? I then vowed to myself that I?d get off planet, sooner than later.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi!

I think you've done an excellent job with first person, with Leia's voice. =D= (fixed LOL) PMs please when you update? :D

If you need any plot pointers, beta-ing help, I'm a fanfic sponge and beta fast ...

Hugs!!!!!

3. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Wait, don't you mean Leia? [face_laugh]
    Aw, thank you! I'll add you to the list, and I'll totally ask for help if I need; you're so sweet [face_love] :*

4. LeiaAndHan

LeiaAndHan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 22, 2011
    Interesting... please add me to the PM list!

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very interesting beginning.

I like seeing Leia in Luke's shoes and I hope he's in hers on Alderaan.

I look forward to seeing where you go with this.

Please add me to you PM list

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks! @};-
    I will! :D

Aw, thanks so much! :D
    Will do! :*

7. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    New chapter! [face_dancing]
    This story is so much fun to do; I hope you like it as much as I do :D
    Enjoy! @};-
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Two

?Okay, so there?s the oil bath,? I pointed to a large tub in the middle of the room. ?And there?s the recharge station.? I directed the astromech to the large panel.
    ?Thank you, Mistress Leia; this oil bath will do wonders for me!? Threepio chirped, lowering himself into the tub.
    ?Please, just call me Leia,? I smiled faintly at the protocol droid.
    ?Of course, Leia.?
    I sighed and ran a hand through my hair; I always wanted long hair, but Uncle Owen insisted on keeping it short, so my hair only went past my shoulders. I had seen holos of women with long, beautiful locks, and I had always been slightly envious of them. I also heard that men tended to be attracted to long hair. That would explain why I never had a boyfriend.
    Artoo beeped, dragging me out of my thoughts. ?Huh?? I turned to Threepio. ?What did he say??
    ?He wants to know if you?ll remove his restraining bolt. Mine, too, if you don?t mind.? He stepped out of the bath, his metallic body glistening in the dim light of the garage.
    ?Of course I?ll remove them,? I assured the droids, while searching for my wrench. Artoo twittered and handed it to me with his built-in ?arm?. ?Thank you.? I patted his dome and kneeled down next to him. I started to fiddle with the bolt, but it was really stuck onto his side. After a couple of minutes of twisting, the bolt finally popped off, sending me flying backwards. A strange message began to play?
    ?Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You?re my only hope.? The small figure was sharp, but occasionally flickered; it was probably shortened due to the restraining bolt. The young man in the holo was handsome, with piercing blue eyes, blond, slicked back hair and a white ensemble covered the rest of him. I guessed he must have been part of the military, or maybe a diplomat. Either way, he seemed to be important.
    The message kept repeating that one line. ?Artoo, who is this?? I questioned the droid, my gaze fixed on the hologram. Artoo tittered.
    ?He says it is Prince Organa of Alderaan,? Threepio translated slowly. ?I think he was one of the passengers aboard our ship.?
    ?Wow, a prince!? I breathed. ?Can I see the rest of the recording? It seems to be cut short.? Artoo beeped quietly.
    ?I?m afraid Artoo will only show it to Obi-Wan Kenobi; I don?t know who he?s talking about, but he said Kenobi lives in this parts. Do you know him? Speaking of which, what planet are we even on??
    ?Tatooine, the planet furthest from the center of the galaxy,? I respond sardonically. ?As for Kenobi, there?s an old Ben Kenobi near here; could that be him?? Abruptly, the hologram vanished. ?Artoo!?
    ?Leia, honey!? Aunt Beru called. ?Dinner?s ready!?
    ?Coming!? I stood up and turned back towards Threepio, ?Try to get Artoo to play that message.?
    ?Yes, Mistress Leia.?

?Need help?? I asked Aunt Beru, picking up the container of blue milk and bringing it to the table.
    ?Leia, you?re too sweet,? Beru smiled and shook her head, stirring some sort of stew in a big metal pot. She poured some in three bowls, and nodded towards the one filled to the top, ?Give that one to your uncle; I?ll get the other two.?
    I brought the bowl to Owen, who gladly took it. ?Hey, Uncle Owen,? I sat down next to him, ?I?m starting to think those droids are stolen.?
    He looked up from his bowl to me. ?Why would you think that??
    ?I found a recording in the Artoo unit,? I admitted, pouring each one of us a glass of blue milk. ?And he said he belonged to an Obi-Wan Kenobi?I thought that maybe it was old Ben Kenobi. Or at least related to him.?
    ?Forget about that crazy wizard,? Uncle Owen grunted around a mouthful of food. ?Go to Anchorhead tomorrow and have its memory wiped; that?ll be the end of it.?
    I sighed and nodded my head, poking at my food, my appetite suddenly gone. ?I?ve also been thinking about

8. LeiaAndHan

Jun 22, 2011
    Luke? A prince? I can't wait until Han and Leia meet in the Cantina.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    woot! cool post =D= :D !!

10. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Yeah! Luke was taken by Bail instead :)
    Hehe, I can't wait to write that scene ;)
    Thanks! @};-

Yay! Thanks! [:D]

11. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    This is shaping up to be a great story so far, leapylion3!=D= While there have been plenty of AU stories about Leia being raised by Owen and Beru (and Luke by the Organas), I don't recall one where such a Leia told her story in the first person.[face_thinking]

I like the tone of voice very much; it certainly feels like her!o_O

Of course, the different path her hair took has to be mentioned:

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair; I always wanted long hair, but Uncle Owen insisted on keeping it short, so my hair only went past my shoulders. I had seen holos of women with long, beautiful locks, and I had always been slightly envious of them. I also heard that men tended to be attracted to long hair. That would explain why I never had a boyfriend.

[:D] There's a certain smuggler who'll deal with that problem soon...

Could you please put me on your PM list, leapylion?

12. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Definitely interesting start... go to study politics... nicely done? But Leia would be really too short for a stormtrooper ... [face_worried]

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I also heard that men tended to be attracted to long hair. That would explain why I never had a boyfriend.

I doubt that has anything to do with it. I imagine Owen keeps her way to busy for a boyfriend.

Glad to see Luke show up.

I just hope he's as strong against Vader as Leia was.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Whoa, thank you SO SO MUCH! :* [face_love] [:D]
    I love you! And of course I'll add ya to the list :D

Haha, thanks! :)

Thanks so much! [:D]

15. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    This one's kinda long, so bear with me here :cool:
    Enjoy! [face_love]
    --------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Three

The wind whipped my face as Threepio and I drove in the landspeeder. Well, he drove; I was on the lookout for that mischievous little astromech. I couldn?t believe that Artoo would run off like that. A part of me thought Uncle Owen was right. I should just get the droid?s memory wiped and that would be it. But another part of me was curious about his mission, and especially about this Obi-Wan character.
    ?Ben Kenobi is supposed to live in this general direction,? I informed the droid, pointing in front of us, ?Nobody?s really sure where; everyone thinks Ben is insane, so they try to stay away from him. Still, I doubt Artoo would have been able to make it this far already.?
    ?Miss, our sensors indicate a metal body up ahead. It could be our wandering friend.?
    ?Well let?s hope we?re lucky.?

?It?s him, alright,? I told Threepio, looking through my binoculars. ?Slow down a bit, will ya??
    ?Of course, Mistress Leia,? He obeyed, slowing the vehicle down and stopping right in front of Artoo. We hopped out of the landspeeder. Well, I hopped. Threepio awkwardly asked for my help to exit the speeder. ?Artoo-Detoo! Just where do you think you?re going?? The protocol droid scrutinized the astromech. Artoo whistled softly, backing away from the taller robot. ?Mistress Leia is our new master now; I believe you should listen to her!? Threepio responded sharply, seemingly more appalled than before.
    I stifled a giggle, enjoying the sight of the prissy droid. ?It?s alright, Threepio. I?ll just take you him to Anchorhead and his memory will be erased. Problem solved.?
    ?If you think that?s best, Mistress Leia.?
    ?How many times do I have to tell you? It?s just Leia.?
    ?Yes, of course,? Threepio replied. Artoo began to beep and whistle frantically. ?Leia, Artoo?s sensors indicate that there are several life forms approaching from the southeast.?
    I lifted my binoculars up to my eyes, and to my dismay, I saw three Banthas next to a small group of Sandpeople. ?Tuskens,? I groaned, reaching into the speeder and grabbing my blaster and rifle. I began to walk a bit closer to their campsite, Threepio and Artoo surprisingly following me. ?Watch your backs; Sandpeople are known to be aggressive-?
    ?Leia! Behind you!? Threepio yelped.
    ?What?!? I whipped my head around, my eyes widening when catching sight of a Tusken barely two metres away from me. In panic, I fired off two quick shots at his feet with my blaster. I had dropped my rifle in the process, and noticing the Tusken was distracted for a few seconds, I bent down to pick up the rifle. I tucked and rolled just in time as he stabbed at where my head was with his gaderffii. ?Threepio! You and Artoo go to the landspeeder!? I shouted, blocking another one of the Tusken?s lunges with my rifle. I decided my rifle couldn?t take anymore, so I quickly tossed it aside and fired off another couple of shots at his feet.
    ?But Mistress Leia, I, we can?t leave you-?
    ?Just do it!? I screeched, rolling out of the way of another stab from the gaderffii. ?Go get it, and bring it back here!?
    ?Whatever you say!? Threepio waddled out of sight, with Artoo following close behind. It was in that second that I was watching the droids that the Tusken managed to deliver a devastating blow to my head. The last thing I heard was the triumphant howl of the Raider before everything went black.

A wave a reassurance swept over me as I became conscious again. I slowly lifted my head and leaned on my elbows. Looking directly at me was just the man I wanted, needed, to see. ?Ben Kenobi? Man, am I glad to see you!? I smiled widely at the old man as he helped me up.
    He smiled at me in return. ?I?m glad you?re alright, young one. That Tusken certainly got you.?
    ?Tell me about it,? I groaned, rubbing my head.
    ?Now tell me; what brings you all the way out here??
    ?Surprisingly enough, this little droid,? I gestured to Ar

16. HxLlover

HxLlover Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2011
    NICE POST. I WANT ANOTHER ONE... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! <3

17. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    ALWAYS THE PERSISTENT ONE, HMM, KATE? ;)
    HAHA, THANK YOU, MY LOVE :*

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent =D= Very natural tone and Ben is quite in character.

19. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Yay! Thanks J_E! [face_love]

20. LeiaAndHan

Jun 22, 2011
    =D= Great update!!!!

21. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thank you, hon! [:D]

22. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Still a fun twist... looking forward to the coming confrontations in this AU

23. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks a bunch! [face_dancing]

24. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    Chapter Three was nice.:) I liked this bit, which certainly reads like the Leia we know:

I couldn?t believe that Artoo would run off like that. A part of me thought Uncle Owen was right. I should just get the droid?s memory wiped and that would be it. But another part of me was curious about his mission, and especially about this Obi-Wan character.

That's our Leia all right.[face_mischief] Also this bit:

?Artoo-Detoo! Just where do you think you?re going?? The protocol droid scrutinized the astromech. Artoo whistled softly, backing away from the taller robot. ?Mistress Leia is our new master now; I believe you should listen to her!? Threepio responded sharply, seemingly more appalled than before.
    I stifled a giggle, enjoying the sight of the prissy droid.

HA, HA![face_laugh]

Interesting that the fight with the Sandpeople began differently, though it ended the same way.[face_thinking]

I liked the fact that Threepio was concerned about Leia.=D= Is this in character for him, I wonder?[face_thinking]

While the portrayal of Kenobi was fine, there is one mistake. I certainly don't think that he would have said "That Tusken sure got you."[face_worried] Wouldn't "That Tusken certainly got you" have been far more in character? This is a character who happens to look and sound like that UK actor Sir Alec Guinness.:D

I'm also wondering whether Leia wouldn't be asking a lot of questions, more than Luke in OTL. She is, after all, supposed to be interested in studying politics at Coruscant. I'm sure that she's very interested in finding out the truth behind the propaganda she's been fed about the Jedi.[face_idea]

25. leapylion3

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks so much! :*
    Hm, I think you're right about the Kenobi thing. I'll change it now :)