main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where NJO is lacking - Relationships (Suppose spoilers might appear)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ReaperFett, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Wow ok... no relationships... ummm...

Jag/Jaina
    Lando/Tendra
    Anakin/Tahiri
    Leia/Han
    Luke/Mara
    Wedge/Isella
    Jacen/Tenel Ka or you can make a case for Danni Quee

Now thats 7 in a series that is a lot darker than the X-Wing series. Just because they are married or have had a relationship before means nothing.

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Wow ok... no relationships... ummm...

Jag/Jaina
    Lando/Tendra
    Anakin/Tahiri
    Leia/Han
    Luke/Mara
    Wedge/Isella
    Jacen/Tenel Ka or you can make a case for Danny Quee

Now thats 7 in a series that is a lot darker than the X-Wing series. Just because they are married or have had a relationship before means nothing

I only recently found out Lando was even married.

The point is that characters are being written emootionless. Pointing out that one person has a wife doesnt mean he is having more added to him.

3. DarkTreader

DarkTreader Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2002
    - Oh good friggin Gosh the man is in his thirties! Does no one realize that he's in his prime? I mean he's not even in his late or MID thirties...

He's 18 in the Jedi Academy Trilogy and that's 11 years after a New Hope and now it's 25 years after a new hope which is a 14 year difference.

18 + 14= THIRTY TWO -

(Psst - That's old to someone who's not quite broken the 2 decade mark ^_^)

A woman's sexual prime is in the early to mid-thirties. A man's prime is between the ages of 16-25. Kyp's on the downhill slide =P

Besides! This isn't Hollywood! Kyp's last name isn't Douglas, an Jaina's last name isn't Zeta-Jones!

4. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Always comes back to age doesn't it? I like older men.

5. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    first, there may be some relationship in the NJO books, but there is almost no romance or tension between the characters.
    the first one was Anakin/Tahiri and Jaina's crush on Kyp. that was in EoV. now they took away one :_( and the only interesting character is Jaina. but it seems so obvious she will end up with Jag that it becomes boring. I wished they would keep up some tension between her and 2-3 male characters.

second: as so many already stated, Kyp is not much older. it's almost the same with Han and Leia. and Kyp would be interesting because of the conflicts possible. anyway, it's not like Jaina has to marry soon or stay with one guy until the end of the NJO.
    so let her switch between Kyp, Jag and Ganner several times. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.