main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Where No Jedi Has Gone Before. SW/ST. Final post on 5/4/2010!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    "No, way! ST is made of phail! The Galactic Empire PWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS!!!111!!!!1!1!"

"Uh, nuh! ST rules, SW drulz. Besides, we all know lasers can't penetrate Fed shields! It says so right in The Outrageous Okona!"

"Oh, these calculations
    clearly show that a single X-wing could wipe out the entire Federation!"

"Those are based off the EU, which is noncanon!"

"It is so!"

"Is not canon times infinity!"

"Wel;l, you suck."

The preceding is what Star Trek/Star Wars versus debates invariably degenerate into. If you like those... don't read this fic. I shall be treating the franchises with dignity, compassion... and no. The Enterprise will NOT be taking on any impstars. At. All. Don't even think of asking for it.

Anyway... If you've read the previous version... hold onto your hats. :cool:

Spinoffs
    Some Me Time by DarthIshtar
    A Scotsman, an Irishman, and a Corellian walk into a bar by ZebulaNebula
    Measure of a Droid by RK_Striker_JK_5(me!)
    Aggressive Negotiations
    Encounter at Centerpoint

And if you want PMs past the initial alert, please either PM me back or indicate so inthread. I shall not merely assume you want more after.
    PM LIST:
    Jaded_Girl
    Thrawn_McEwok
    biganimefan
    DaenaBenjen42
    LadyKethry
    Ubersue
    Stookymalarkey
    JediCarpet
    Jade_eyes
    TIEPilot051999
    Darth_Drachonus
    ZebulaNebula
    wac0782
    Fanficfan
    Twin_Saber
    earlybird-obi-wan
    smash128
    Skywalker_T-65
    EGKenobi

Here we go!

Prologue
    He was dead. Of that much, he was certain.

James T. Kirk held up his hands, or at least the spiritual equivalent. They were now translucent and had an odd blue tinge to them. In a paradoxical way, he felt more alive than he ever had before.

He looked up just in time to see that Starfleet captain from the future. "Jean-Luc!" he yelled. "I'm not dead." He paused. "I can't be dead. I was supposed to die alone."

Just ahead, Jean-Luc Picard, captain of the late starship Enterprise, pulled a corpse out of a twisted metal framework. Kirk walked up to him and peered over his shoulder. No emotion was visible on his face as he stared into his own lifeless eyes.

Jean-Luc closed his eyes and made the sign of the cross. Merde. I'm sorry, Jim. I should have been able to defeat Soran and? A tear ran down his cheek as he gathered up Jim's body. "I will see you get a proper burial. It's the least I can do."

Jean-Luc began walking straight towards Jim, who was only mildly surprised when the captain passed right through him. The ghost shivered at the experience. "I don't like that."

"It's not so bad, once you get used to it."

Jim spun around and instantly shifted into a standard Starfleet defensive stance. After about half a second, he remembered his intangibility. "Who?are you?" he asked as he regarded at the man.

Like Jim, his body had a blue tinge to it and was translucent. Unlike Jim, who was still clad in his Starfleet uniform, he wore a simple gray shirt, white pants and a brown robe. His face was partially obscured by a hood.

Jim walked up to him. "My name is James T. Kirk, late of the starship Enterprise. I ask again: who are you?"

The man pulled down the hood, showing a weathered face and blue eyes that shone with amusement and wisdom. "I am to be your guide into what comes next. It will be confusing and perhaps a little frightening, but I can assure you it will be worth it in the end. Consider it the true 'final frontier'."

Jim turned around slowly and looked up. By now Jean-Luc was halfway up the mountain. "A friend of mine once said that I can take death, and turn it into a fighting chance." He shrugged his sh

2. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome opening chapter.

3. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    My favorite part of the opening: Kirk and Obi-Wan meeting. Liked that.

I was hoping for this one, but didn't dare ask you which story it was going to be. :) Bring it on.

4. biganimefan

biganimefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Awesome story so far! Very nice ending for Captain Kirk there. A whole lot better than him just dying like he did in Generations. It's great to see that Spock is onboard the Enterprise again(it's been like what...80 years since his last visit to an Enterprise). I can definitely see why Han Solo finds the looks of the Enterprise E fascinating. It looks a lot better than any Star Wars ship in the movies after all. Looking forward to more!

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Very lovely start. Look forward to the similarities and changes of this story from the original story.

6. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    The preceding is what Star Trek/Star Wars versus debates invariably degenerate into.

*has horrible flashbacks to the pro/anti Mara threads*

*shudders*

No! Please! By all means... dignity, respect, compassion... all that jazz. PMs, please!

*Jaded_Girl grabs her old tricorder and homemade medical bag and eagerly begins*

He was dead. Of that much, he was certain.

*snort* You're dead, Jim! [face_laugh]

And SUCH language, Jean-Luc! ^_~

For a second, he hesitated. Then a thought struck him. I'm dead. What good can come from hanging around this plane of existence when there's a new one just waiting?

Oh, excellent! That is 100% Kirk thinking! Awesome, Striker! *Jaded_Girl also tries to hug Ben, who is cute as ever, but unfortunately goes right through him.*

Various maps of star clusters and sectors flashed on the other as the computer tried to match up where they were. The computer spoke after a full minute. ?Unable to identify location.?

No worries. I'm sure it will me more... interesting that the Delta Quadrant... MUA HA HAAAA! [face_devil]

The image abruptly changed from space to a small but growing disk. ?Magnify.?

*is giddy with anticipation* Boy, it's a good thing they didn't materialize in Imperial space! *sage nod*

A short laugh came over. ?Heh, that?s a good one.? There was a short pause before, ?Wait, you really don?t know??

You know, the universe would be a sad, sad place without Han Solo. And that is a fact.

YAVIN!!!! [face_dancing]

Up!!!

7. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Do continue this. I like it a lot already. :)

8. LadyKethry

LadyKethry Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2006
    Sweet!

I love both ST and SW, so combining them just tickles my fancy.

You've got a great start, keep it coming. And add me to the PM list, please?

Keth

9. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    Thanks for the PM Striker. I've read the previous version of this story along while ago and I got to say that,as before, I find the first chapter to be strong. I liked how you used the end of the Generations movie to introduce the SW elements into the story. My only grip is that there's a mistake, where Han says "My brother runs a school there." I Think you ment to say "brother in law", unless you're going for something abit creapier than before ;). Keep up the good work.

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Ooh, this looks interesting! Sign me up!

11. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    This story looks like a lot of fun! Can you put me on the PM list please? [face_batting]

12. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Great start! I loved the 'SW/ST exchange' at the beginning of your chapter. :p But, being a long-time fan of BOTH SW and ST, I'll be reading this with interest! :D

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Dang...

SSM12-Thanks. I wanted to grab people and show that this isn't an ordinary ST/SW crossover.

Daena-Thanks. It's a favorite scene of mine too. LOL, stuff's gonna get brought.

baf-Actually, this is the Generations ending, with Ben coming in for the ghostly save. And yeah, I like the E-E too.

Juliet-LOL, thanks. I hope to improve.

Jaded_Girl-That's actually kinda tame compared to some I've seen. I've omitted the F-bombs and some of the more... immature bits. [face_plain] Yeah, Jim's an explorer at heart. LOL, I didn't realize 'merde' was that bad. A lot more interesting, yes. And it would be sad, yes. Han rocks. :)

darth_treyvah-Aye, aye! *Continues*

LadyKethry-Thanks. I like them both, too. I just wanna write a crossover that doesn't really bash either side.

Stooky-Thanks. :) This version will have better grammar, trust me. ;) And for Han, blood or no blood, I think he sees Luke as a brother. His friends are his family, his family friends.

Dantana-Thanks. :) You are 'signed up'. ;)

Ubersue-Hopefully it will be fun. :) Added.

Ponytricks-LOl, thanks. But like I told Jaded_Girl, that was a tame version of the usual stuff I've seen. And okay. :)

Tentative PM list:

DarthIshtar
    Thrawn_McEwok
    biganimefan
    Dantana_Skywalker
    DaenaBenjen42
    LadyKethry
    Ubersue

If you wish to be added or removed, please let me know!

Here we go!

Captain?s log: Stardate 53015.7. The Enterprise is now in orbit around the fourth moon of a gas giant. Hopefully we might be able to contact someone in authority there. Meanwhile, Commander Data and Ambassador Spock have a theory on what has happened to us.
    Observation lounge

Lieutenant Commander Data stood at the head of the table with a weird smile on his face. Picard, Riker, Worf, Spock, Tirsek, Chief Engineer Geordi La Forge and Councilor Deanna Troi all sat at the conference table and waited for Data to begin. ?I believe Ambassador Spock and I have figured out what has happened. We have crossed over into an alternate reality through a tear in the space/time continuum. Our warp engines use continuum distortion propulsion, so the Enterprise was able to punch through fairly easily.?

Worf massaged his forehead and sank down into his chair. ?Not again?? he muttered.

Data looked up and over at the ambassador. ?I am afraid so, Ambassador. Fortunately, we should not be jumping realities.?

Worf let out a breath. ?For that, I am eternally grateful.? A sudden thought crossed his mind. ?Wait, what are we doing here? Shouldn?t we head back before the hole closes?? he asked, sitting up.

Spock turned and looked over at the agitated Klingon. ?The rift sealed immediately after we crossed over, Ambassador. It is entirely logical to assume that our warp engines will be more than sufficient to reopen it.?

Data nodded in agreement and Worf shrugged, not entirely convinced but willing to wait.

Picard looked about. ?I also think this is an unprecedented opportunity for exploration. Think about it-we?re in another universe. And we have a fairly reliable means of getting back to Federation space.? He slammed his hands on the table and pushed up into a vertical position. ?Commander Tirsek, contact this?Jedi Academy and see if they?d allow us to beam a small landing party down.?

Tirsek nodded. ?Yes, sir.? She stood up and made a beeline for the door.

Riker called out before the doors opened and she exited. ?And Tirsek, see if you can find out what a ?Jedi? is.?

Tirsek paused and nodded once before leaving the conference room, her antennae twitching.
    Luke Skywalker stood out on the landing field, blue eyes cast up at the sky. The gas giant of Yavin Prime dominated the sky, but if he enhanced his eyesight, he could just make out a small sliver of silver against the predominantly blue sky. Han and Chewie stood by him as well as a student of his, Tenel Ka Djo.

Tenel Ka looked up slightly at Luke, her cool-gray eyes betraying no emotion. ?Master, may I ask why I am here??

14. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    The trickster waved Jim off. ?Oh, why don?t you go talk another malfunctioning computer or pretender god into suicide??

Jim rubbed his chin in thought. ?Got a minute, Q??

Liked all of the post, right down to being surprised by the transporter beam, but this... [face_laugh]

Well done, Striker. :)

15. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008

Heehee! Yep, that's Han alright. And I love how Worf and Chewie have an instant rapport.

More soon, I hope!

16. Stookymalarkey

Apr 10, 2007
    Good stuff. I assume this is happening around the YJK era right? I hope there's more soon, and please put me back on the PM list. I'm waiting to see how this one turns out. :)

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Daena-Thanks. If there one person who can stand up to Q besides Picard, it's Jim. And yeah, transporters... They don't have anything like that in SW, do they?

UberSue-Yeah, I could see those freaking Han out something fierce. Chewie and Worf are both warriors, so I felt it natural.

Stooky-Yeah. With a Vong-fix later on. And sorry about that. Added to the PM list.

I... hate Winter, foer the record. I live in NH and hate the winter... *Sigh*

The shuttle Olsen is named in honor of DarthIshtar, btw. :) Name used with her permission.

Here we go!

Chapter Two: Shock and Awe
    ??And this is the matter/antimatter reaction assembly. It powers the ship and allows us to exceed light speed while staying in the same universe.? Geordi La Forge turned away from the large pulsating cylinder that powered the starship and to his guests. ?What do you think??

Han and Chewie looking up and down it with equal looks of awe and envy. ?Controlled antimatter reaction?? Han said in a hushed tone.

[This has been a dream of engineers for millennia,] Chewie finished for his friend.

Geordi chuckled at their enthusiasm and turned his cybernetic eyes back to the assembly and two conduits that shot to the aft nacelles. ?Well, it?s not that complex once you get down to the basics.?

Han paid him no mind as he walked up to the main reaction chamber. His fingers reached out to it, barely brushing the door. ?How do you regulate the flow of antimatter without blowing the ship up?? he asked.

Geordi reached over and patted the side of the chamber. ?It?s called dilithium crystal.?

Han turned his brown eyes to Geordi and, with a trademark Solo grin, asked., ?Any chance of getting a look at it??

Chewie groaned and lightly tapped Han on his shoulder. [Honor Brother...] he whined softly.

Geordi looked over at Data with a pleading expression. The android nodded. ?Captain Solo, would you and Chewbacca like to visit the hangar bay? We have a large complement of shuttles and other vehicles.?

Han and Chewie exchanged a glance. ?Okay, why not??

Chewie stroked his chin. [That might be nice.] Han motioned to Data. ?Lead the way.?

The android commander smiled and walked off while Han and Chewie followed. ?Bye, Geordi,? he said before disappearing down an intersection.

Geordi let out a sigh of relief. He had been playing tour guide for nearly three hours, and his engines needed him. He turned back to Main Engineering. ?Okay, people!? he said, clapping his hands together. ?Let?s get that recalibration done!?
    Tenel Ka and Worf sat in Ten-Forward, the Enterprise?s watering hole. It was on deck ten, on the forward edge of the saucer section-hence the name.

?What is this drink you wish me to try?? Tenel Ka asked the Klingon as she sat at the bar.

Worf bared his fangs in a smile. ?It is called prune juice. I shall say no more until you sample some.?

An older woman approached with two mugs clasped in her hands. ?Here you go, Worf.?

Worf nodded. ?Thank you, Guinan.?

The bartender turned to Tenel Ka and smiled enigmatically. ?So, I hear you?re a princess??

Tenel Ka nodded. ?That is a fact. I am heir to the Hapes Consortium, sixty-three star systems near the Core Worlds.? She raised the mug and took a sip of prune juice. Her storm-gray eyes widened. ?This is a warrior?s drink!? she exclaimed.

Worf laughed and held up his glass near Tenel Ka. She nodded and hit Worf?s glass with her own. ?Qapla?, Tenel Ka.?

The warrior princess tilted her head, but instead of asking Worf what that meant, she simply nodded. ?Qapla?, Worf.?
    Captain?s log: Supplemental. Two starships have arrived in orbit of Yavin IV, the R.S.S. Headquarters Frigate from the New Republic and the I.S.S. Chimaera from the Imperial Remnant. Although the New Republic?s presence here was expected and even welcome, the appearance of this ?star destroyer? has me slightly on edge. Meanwhile, Commander Data and Captain Solo have taken a shuttle to the approxima

18. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Excellent chapter. Though why didn't Pellaeon use the Empire's signature shuttle, the Lambda-class?

19. JediCarpet

JediCarpet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2008
    Interesting. I have been a ST fan longer than a SW fan, so I thoroughly enjoy both aspects of this story, however, I think you write ST characters better than SW characters. Please add me to the PM list. I look forward to reading more.

20. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Not wanting to turn this into what sounds suspiciously like an excuse, so I'll claim first week back at school for lateness. Review...

And yeah, transporters... They don't have anything like that in SW, do they?

Not as for as I'm aware, no...

Geordi reached over and patted the side of the chamber. ?It?s called dilithium crystal.?

Han turned his brown eyes to Geordi and, with a trademark Solo grin, asked., ?Any chance of getting a look at it??

Chewie groaned and lightly tapped Han on his shoulder. [Honor Brother...] he whined softly.

Only if they plan on changing the old out with the new... and let you watch.

?What is this drink you wish me to try?? Tenel Ka asked the Klingon as she sat at the bar.

Worf bared his fangs in a smile. ?It is called prune juice. I shall say no more until you sample some.?

*happy sigh* It really IS a warriors drink!

The tea 'party'... were there ever three people who needed to sit down and compare notes more than those three? Somehow, I don't think so...

Well done, Striker. :)

21. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    *Jaded_Girl beams into thread*

Sorry I'm late! My transporter was malfunctioning. *Yes, she knows she's a dork.*

No, merde isn't that bad. Personally I find it confusing that it's considered less gauche to wish eternal damnation on someone than comment on a perfectly natural biological process that is the end of the digestive journey. Go figure.

Post 1/13: Spock turned and looked over at the agitated Klingon. ?The rift sealed immediately after we crossed over, Ambassador. It is entirely logical to assume that our warp engines will be more than sufficient to reopen it.?

That's conveneient! It's like a giant space zipper! ^_^ (But how will all those bleeding hearts at the "don't go faster than warp seven" institute react to constantly tearing their reality a new one and suturing it back up? [face_thinking] )

~Riker called out before the doors opened and she exited. ?And Tirsek, see if you can find out what a ?Jedi? is.?
    ~Tirsek paused and nodded once before leaving the conference room, her antennae twitching.

*giggles*

~Han half-smiled before holding it up to his mouth and thumbed it on. ?Enterprise, this is Han Solo. You planning on joining the welcome party anytime soon??
    ~Picard nodded. ?Energize.? His vision clouded over as his body was disassembled on the quantum level, transmitted down and reassembled.

*smacks forehead, feeling particularly like an idiot* Oh duh! The transporters! That's totally new to them! I forgot! [face_plain] I hope such technolog doesn't fall into the wrong hands... Or fighter technology vice versa! One good squadron could wreak havok in a ST battle! [face_worried]

Worf glanced at her, clad in lizard-skin armor and with a missing left forearm She is a warrior born.

Dang straight!

Spock looked into Luke?s blue eyes, while Luke lightly probed Spock through the Force. His mental discipline is immense.

Dang straight!

*sigh* First impressions are the best!

Spock?s jaw worked for a bit before turning back to Luke. ?Among my species, there is a technique known as the Vulcan mind meld. It can allow the transfer of a great deal of information over a short period of time. Would that be acceptable??

*fidgests* I dunno... Luke's mind isn't always a nice place to be. He's kinda been through the wringer.

The former smuggler nodded, although Luke could still feel concern radiating off his best friend. ?Well, don?t get all logical on me, okay? I don?t want you sounding like an astromech, okay??

That's so funny. In "Magic of Myth" Artoo was likened to the subconscious... impulsive, intuitive and always speaking in symbols.

~Han stood next to Data, brown eyes looking up at the sky. ?Will this hurt??
    ~Data patted him on the shoulder. ?I assure you, Captain, you will not feel a thing.?

Just don't explain it to him. He'd either have a hissy fit or a coronary and insist on a shuttlecraft back.

Bwa haaa! I LOVE the bickering between our favorite ghosts and Q! Favorite lines include:
    ?And what do you two pieces of consciousness want?? Q asked.
    Ben?s mustache twitched. ?Fight with the missus??
    The godling scowled. ?Stop reading my mind! You?re lucky I don?t-?
    ?Oh, why don?t you go talk another malfunctioning computer or pretender god into suicide??
    Jim rubbed his chin in thought. ?Got a minute, Q??

*hugs Striker*

Post 1/20: *raises eyebrow* You hate Winter or you hate THE winter? You gotta be specific on JC boards.

Han and Chewie looking up and down it with equal looks of awe and envy. ?Controlled antimatter reaction?? Han said in a hushed tone.

Dude, I'm having to fight the "that's so CUTE!!!" reaction every other second! (There wouldn't happen to be a drinking contest in Ten Forward to look... forward :p ... to, will there? [face_batting] )

She raised the mug and took a sip of prune juice. Her storm-gray eyes widened. ?This is a warrior?s drink!? she exclaimed.

Ummmm. Not

22. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Oops! Missed a chapter. :eek: - I liked the little part with Q. He was always one of my favorite ST characters. Does Han know Data is an android? :p

23. Stookymalarkey

Apr 10, 2007
    A nice "getting to know you" chapter Striker. I also agree that your ST characterizations seems stronger here, not that I'm bad mouthing your SW writings. It's just that, ST:Next Generation have had more character based stories, so it's probably easier to get a feel for them. I also am under the assumption that Han is in the dark about Data being an android, otherwise his old droid prejudices would probably flair up. THat, or his old Blad Runner instincts would cause him to "retire" DAta ;). See you next chapter!

24. biganimefan

biganimefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Absoultely love the interaction between the characters. Tenel Ka has now tasted the "warrior's drink". :D I wonder what she'd think of blood-wine. So...does Han know that Data is an Android yet? In any case, it looks like Han and Data will get along great. Hmm...I wonder how Data and 3PO would get along...

Looking forward to more! :)

25. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    SSM12-Thanks. :) He didn't use a Lambda because... variety, I guess.

JediCarpet-Thanks. :) And really? I never would've guessed. This is really the only time I've written ST. And added.

Daena-LOL, no problem. I remember how school used to be. Nope, no transporters in SW. Yeah, that'd be a treat for Han to see. And yeah, a warrior's drink. And yeah, I loved writing those three.

Jaded_Girl-You are not a dork![face_laugh] [:D] That is confusing, yes. Oh, those idiots? In the novels, the Starfleet Corps of Engineers solved that six months after that episode. :D Yes, Tirsek is put upon. Yeah, that would be a disaster for both sides. First impressions are good, yeah. And SPock's mind has been through a lot, too. "Remember..." Glad you like the bickering. Q is the best since he's so... flippant! You're right. I hate the season. It's Worf. *Shrugs* Yes, go ahead and hug Pelly. He won't mind! Ackbar is... Ackbar. Who's Caedus? ;) Yes, Jean-Lus is good.

PonyTricks-Would you like to be added to the PM list? Han doesn't know... yet. :p

Stooky-Hmm, good point there. SW is more action while ST is more getting inside their heads. Yes, he's in the dark. And if Deckard flares up, then Data will become that bum from 'Night Court'. [face_laugh]

baf-Considering in most fics I have her a teetotaler, one mug and she'll pass out. No, he doesn't know. And you'll see...

First, some announcements.

I have updated the following fics:

The Road Not Taken A Luke/Tionne AU taking place during the Jedi Academy Trilogy
    Misnomers, Miss Fillintheblank and Misdirections A self-parody where the YJK realize they're in one of my fics. Much making fun of myself here.

The scene with Mace was written at the request of DarthIshtar.

Here we go!

The Olsen approached the Enterprise?s aft section, touching down in the saucer hangar. Data and Han exited the small craft and were quickly met by Commander Riker. ?How did it go?? he asked, somewhat breathless.

Han looked back at the shuttle. ?She?s a good ship. Not as fast as the Falcon, but a few modifications should take care of that.?

Riker smiled and his blue eyes flashed. ?A bit of a pilot, Captain??

Han smirked. ?Oh, I?ve been around. You??

Riker shrugged as the trio walked out of the hangar. ?I?ve been behind the controls of a craft or two.? He turned his head to Data. ?The captain wants you to check over the duty roster for the next few days.?

Data nodded. ?I shall get right on it.? He nodded to Han before taking a left at an intersection while Han and Riker took a right.

Before the android entered the next turbolift, Riker half-shouted, ?The poker game?s still on for tonight. 2000 hours at my quarters.?

Data entered the car, turned around and spoke. ?I will be there,? he said just before the doors closed.

Han looked over at Riker. ?Poker? What?s that??

Riker smiled. ?It?s an ancient card game from Earth. Interested in trying it out??

The former smuggler shifted his stance a bit, leaning forward and rubbing his chin. ?Oh, I?ll give it a try. 2000 hours you said??

Riker?s eyes narrowed a bit as he detected a hint of challenge in Han?s voice. ?Well, be at deck seven. The computer can tell you the specific room.? Riker turned around and went down another hallway, leaving Han by himself.

Han?s brown eyes narrowed. I?ve never even heard of poker! he thought before waving himself off. Ah, how hard can it be. He suddenly looked about before grabbing the arm of a passing crewmember. ?Ah, can you tell me how to get to Commander Data?s quarters?
    ?So, who do you think will win?

?I only knew him for a short time, but I believe Han?s got the edge. He?s an unknown quantity to the others and can bluff with the best of them.?

Q watched Jim and Ben as they watched the unfolding drama onboard the Enterprise. ?Have Leia and

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.