main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Where No Jedi Has Gone Before. SW/ST. Final post on 5/4/2010!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    Hi Striker. I'm terribly sorry to hear about your sister's lost but I'm sure that she'll need all of the support she can get. Even if you're actively doing anything, just being there for her is the best thing in the world for her. I do like this chapter but I feel that this isn't the most appropriate time to go into depth about it. Just be sure to let your sister know you love her and that you'll be there for her, no mater what.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes Jaina is coming back (the good Jaina)

Lovely update=D==D=

3. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Soundtrack: Doppelganger: Chapters III-VI

Into the Heart of Darkness/Han Gains the Upper Hand
    Cry for the Moon by Epica (the lyrics aren't the best fit, but the tone is perfect)

The Fleet Departs for War
    Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries

Spock and Picard share the Calm Before the Storm
    Lothlorien from LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring

Tenel Ka's News
    Penelope's Song by Loreena McKennitt

Awaiting the Next Wave
    A Storm is Coming from LOTR: Return of the King

The Kenobi Arrives
    Fight for Freedom by Manowar (dunno how long this link'll last as this song has been getting pulled from other YouTube vids)

MACO insertion
    I'm going with Stookymalarkey's suggestion of Battle in the Base from Metal Gear Solid 3. Thanks Stooky.

The Borg counter-attack
    As Torches Rise by Turisas

The Queen Hails the Allies
    Dissolve by Switchblade Symphony

Tenel Ka at the Vinculum/"I'm Already Harmed"
    Save My Life by Xandria

To Hack the Collective
    Cowgirl from the "Hackers" soundtrack (I couldn't resist)

4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Driving Miss Daisy? been years since I saw that one...

I feel like I've been living it... and then I had to watch it. I like Jessica Tandy and Morgan Freeman, they are wonderful together, but the timing... oy.

( [:D] to Jaded_Girl! Thank you! Slowly, a bit at a time, we're getting some semblance of normal back. And I'm going to agree with my mother right now and say that it's good to have a floor that doesn't squeek. Really.)

And [face_praying] and [:D] to you, your sister, and your family. That's... well, it's hard.

?But you're of the Dark Side, Jaina. You may have started with good intentions, but you've gone down a dark and brutal path of conquest and genocide. You must stop this.?

A snort came from the High Queen of the Borg. ?And you'll forgive me, just like that??

As the song goes: "Maybe redemption has stories to tell, and maybe forgiveness is right where you fell..." And no. As Zekk so rightly says, NOT just like that.

?I had a vision, when I was first connected to the Cyber League's mainframe.? She waved her lightsaber around at everyone. ?I saw us all here, together again.? her eye landed on Anakin and it began watering. ?Even those who had passed away, back with me.? Her lip trembled slightly. ?I missed you so much, and I knew how far away I was. And it felt so good, the connections.?

And then she made it happen, in the worst way possible...

?I'm here for you, Jaina. I know how lonely you are. I know how bad it was for you back in you reality. And I know you started with good intentions... but the road to the Ninth Level is paved with good intentions.? He paused and gathered his thoughts. ?You can stop this, Jaina. Let go of the Collective. Free the drones and us. Surrender.?

Queen Jaina's head shot up and she locked eyes with Han. Her scanner flashed. ?It will... take time,? she croaked out. ?But I will comply.? She slid her legs out from underneath and stood up. She looked around at everyone. ?I surrender.?

First steps! First steps! Back into the light! Liked that! (And it's Han, with the authority of a father, asking and commanding all that once!)

Good post. :)

5. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Encounter at Centerpoint? Ooh, good one!

:D I giggled a little.

Okay... I had a tragedy in my life this week. My sister miscarried her new baby. She's in Cali and I'm in NH, feeling fairly useless.

Oh my gosh. I am SO SORRY. My mom's had three miscarriages over the years. It's always such a difficult, tragic thing to undergo. My heart and my prayers will be with you and your family. [:D]

~~~

A snort came from the High Queen of the Borg. ?And you'll forgive me, just like that??

Well... he is Luke Skywalker...

?Sit down,? she commanded. She snarled. ?Sit down!' she yelled, stomping the deck plating. ?I ORDER YOU TO SIT!? she wailed, arms flailing. Tears streamed down her cheek from her left eye. ?I want you to sit, to be here and not dead and sad and...?

Whew! Now THAT'S a supervillian breakdown if ever I saw one. Or, read one. [face_blush]

Han knelt down and wrapped an arm around her.

Ah! AH! NO!! Impending impalement! Backstab alert level ten! Get out of there, Han!!! *covers her eyes*

?It will... take time,? she croaked out. ?But I will comply.? She slid her legs out from underneath and stood up. She looked around at everyone. ?I surrender.?

:eek:

Whoa. Didn't see that one coming.

But... yay! I suppose. So long as she isn't planning something nefarious... *ponders* Naw. If she's suffering through the sever trauma of losing the collective connection, rational plotting's not very likely. The only two options are complete suicidal/homicidal actions or surrender. But I like how traditional Star Wars themes have triumphed over NJO themes! ^_^ *is desperately hoping that her heel face turn is genuine and nobody's gonna get impaled*

Up!

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Generally, thanks to everyone for their well-wishes. My sister's doing better, somewhat. Day by day, you know? We've talked a bit and she's got family out there for support.

Jade_eyes-You're welcome. And yes, she is seeing the light.

Juliet-LOL, no. It's a legit surrender.

Zeb-I vacillated a bit, but words from Thrawn McEwok convinced me to redeem her. And yeah, had to get that in. There weill be something concerning her. And awesome soundtrack, btw. As usual. Thank you. :)

Stooky-Go right ahead into depth. I'm guessing you object to Queen Jaina being redeemed, or seeking it instead of being killed?

earlybird-LOL, yeah. The good one.

Daena-Ah, okay. Yeah, all that driving... Yeah, Zekk has a unique perspective there with Queen Jaina. It could've been worse, but not by much... First steps, but not the last. Glad you liked. :)

Jaded_Girl-y condolences to your mother. [:D] Yes, the real Luke forgives instead of sending the youngings on assassination missions. [face_plain] I kinda based Queen Jaina's breakdown on Azula's from Avatar: The Last Airbender. No planning by her. It's legit.

Okay... *Sigh* Got yet another plot bunny. Here's the list.

1. Anakin and Tahiri go to Centerpoint aboard the USS da Vinci, a Starlfeet Corps of Engineers ship. 'Encounter at Centerpoint'

2. Anja Gallandro meets Thadiun Okana at Deep Space Nine. "Two Scoundrels Walk into a Bar"

3. Bollux seeks asylum in the Federation. "Measure of a Droid"

4. Kyp, Ganner, Miko and Wurth go to the Klingon homeworld to open negotiations. "Untitled for now"

And the beginning of the end, now.

Here we go!

USS Sputnik
    Jellico gripped his chair's armrests as the ship rocked. ?Shields down to sixty percent!? the tactical officer hollered from behind and above. ?The Cousteau and the Verity have been destroyed,? he reported, glancing down at a large screen on his console. ?Squadrons Six and Seven are moving to reinforce.?

?Get the John Glenn and Yuri Gagarin into position near our flank,? Jellico barked. He stood up and walked forward, keeping a sure footing even as the ship shuddered from enemy fire. He squinted at the main viewscreen and the tactical map of local space around the Unicomplex. ?Contact the Thrawn and have Pellaeon send some ships to reinforce our left flank. That section's taking a pounding!?

The comm officer at one of the aft starboard stations leaned over his console and tapped several buttons. ?Message away and acknowledged,? he reported.
    ISS Thrawn
    Pellaeon groaned as the comm officer delivered the message. ?And would Admiral Jellico like me to wave my magic wand and summon more ships from the ether?? he asked, twisting about in his command chair at the aft stations.

Captain Pryl glanced at him from her own chair next to him, a small smile gracing her normally hard features. ?We do have the Invincible III and Strike Back with their squadrons. They haven't moved to engage yet.?

The Old Man nodded and looked up at the main viewscreen, displaying the area around the Thrawn. ?Contact the two ships and have their squadrons form up on our aft,? he ordered, clenching a fist and pounding the armrest. ?We're taking that Unicomplex section out!?

The Thrawn's ion engines flared, sending the modified star destroyer surging forward. Disruptor and turbolaser turrets swiveled about, firing in staggered rounds even as ion cannons sent out cerulean lightning at Borg cubes and fighters. Several cubes moved forward, energy-draining tractor beams lashing out and striking the Thrawn and Strike Back. Disruptor bolts erupted from recessed emitters in the gray hulls of the cubes, blowing the command tower off a Victory-class star destroyer clean off and puncturing the main hull.

Two Carracks were similarly destroyed, their slim hulls and oversized bridges destroyed. The rest of the attack force pressed on, however. A cube was struck from three sides by ion cannon fire, the electricity playing over the hull. T

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Yay! She surrendered. But is it a true surrender or does she have one last trick up her cybernetic sleeve? (Pardon me but I still retain suspicions Captain)

More soon?

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful seeing things ... calm down a bit [face_thinking] Juliet's post makes me wonder about Jaina though -- ;) just have to wait and see if it's a trick. :D

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes Jaina show who you are.=D==D=

Great update and great descriptions of the fights.

Wes, Wedge and the imperials[face_dancing]

10. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Whoa! Yet another gripping chapter. Glad that High Queen Jaina surrendered, though I do wonder if she's going to try something. Either way, there's bound to be some heavy-duty consequences.

11. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    Hi Striker, good to see you back. So, since I didn't get to it last time, here's my thoughts. Although it was good for the whole redemption thing, I was surprised she didn't go berseke on them, since she lost one of the most important things to her, the collective, which was her family/co-dependent for centuries. Also, I'm alittle confused how the assimilation got broken up. I guess you'll explain it later but it's pretty jarring to have this occur and not have an explanation for 2 or more chapters. Well, enought of that. I'll looking forwards to the next one.

BTW Zebula, thanks for taking my suggestion under consideration. BAttle in the BAse always get my blood pumping :)

And in regards to Jaded_girls heel/face turn comment for a few posts ago, it's wrestling term where a character goes from good guy (face) to a bad guy (heel), or vice versa. I love educatin' people about stuff :).

12. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Ah, okay. Yeah, all that driving..

Only in the sense that she's the one doing the driving and the driving is figurative... As in: :eek: 8-} [face_blush] (Life's been just a tad weird. And here endeth granny commentary. I love her, she's gaining her independence back, and taking an active part in recovery. [face_dancing] ) On the up side of all this: did finally get my mother to watch Farscape. What does that have to do with the other? Grandmother watches A LOT of CNN, which I am now avoiding. As is my mother.

*looks at list of plot bunnies...* I wanna see you do 'em all.

?I am not a drone! I am of the Greet Clan of Market!?

?Where am I? Where is my family? What has happened to me??

?Is this hell? What have I-?

Oh... ow. Ow. That last one, especially. (Greet Clan of Market?)

?I am... I was the Queen of the Borg Collective. I sought order from chaos, to bring perfection. But my order was that of the grave. And I brought misery and death.? She breathed out and clenched her fist. ?I surrender, and I free all drones.?

*throws party in thread with the Rogues*

Yes, I liked the update. :)

13. Jaded_Girl

Aug 9, 2001
    My condolences to your mother.

That was some years ago, but thank you so much. I'll definitely be praying for your sister et all.

Okay... *Sigh* Got yet another plot bunny.

*hides the bag of "Miracle-Gro Bunny Chow" under her chair and assumes a perfectly innocent expression* [face_whistling]

2. Anja Gallandro meets Thadiun Okana at Deep Space Nine. "Two Scoundrels Walk into a Bar"

Oh dear... I have the sneaking suspicion that only one will walk out again... :p

4. Kyp, Ganner, Miko and Wurth go to the Klingon homeworld to open negotiations. "Untitled for now"

[face_laugh] Mmmm. So many possible titles.... [face_devil]

Pellaeon groaned as the comm officer delivered the message. ?And would Admiral Jellico like me to wave my magic wand and summon more ships from the ether?? he asked, twisting about in his command chair at the aft stations.

*snort* :D

We do have the Invincible III and Strike Back with their squadrons.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] The Empire's "Strike Back"!!! [face_laugh]

He glanced to the side as a small display mounted in his chair. ?Contact Tschel and tell him to get back into formation!? he shouted. ?He can't go off chasing comets and subspace oddities!?

^_^ ._. Wait, is that a joke, or a teaser?

He looked around and clapped his gloved hands together. ?We see the light, folks, but there's plenty of tunnel left.?

*feels a bit like crying, but in a good way- a "thank goodness it's over" sort of way*

Up! I'm in serious need of some closure!!! :_|

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Juliet-*Sigh* It's a true surrender. No backstabbing here. Word of author.

Jade-eyes-No trick, no trick at all. Calm, sort of.

Earlybird-She'll show them who she is. Glad you like the fights, there.

Zeb-Thanks. :) No, no trying anything. Consequences and coming to terms with the Collective's demise.

Stooky-Queen Jaina is, ultimately, a scared little girl needing her family. In reality, she's been breaking down for about five thousand years. Spock's signal transmitted through the vinculum and Luke's return to his body were a hammer blow, basically. Thanks, though. I'm glad you're looking that deeply into it. :)

Daena-Good to hear granny's doing better. All the plot bunnies? All right. I'll try. ;) Yes, very ow. :( And as for the Greet Clan... I tried to make up nonsense words and accidentally came up with that. [face_laugh] Glad you liked.

Jaded_Girl-My sister's doing better, thanks. :) [:D]

*hides the bag of "Miracle-Gro Bunny Chow" under her chair and assumes a perfectly innocent expression*
    *Gasp* It was you? I... yeah. Had to be you. :p As for Anja and Thadiun, maybe neither will walk out of the bar and both will end up in one of Quark's holosuites? [face_mischief][face_thinking][face_shame_on_you][face_laugh] Any idea for a title for Kyp? The Kyp Fan club's chomping at the bits for that one. ;) Yes, it struck back. No teaser with Tschel. Too much on my plate already. Closure begins here.

I am posting this on fanfiction.net, here Maybe one day it'll get onto the recommended fics page for tvtropes. I've been tempted to make up a page for it... *Shrugs* Might be a bit too grandstanding for that.

Here we go!

Queen Jaina waited until the holo-projector shut off and then transmission ended. ?They will kill me,? she said, looking to Han. ?The Quadrants will demand my blood, not to mention the drones. I shall be lucky to leave the Unicomplex alive.?

Luke massaged his temple. ?I doubt you'll have much difficulty. The drones... they're in a state of utter panic.? He looked to one of the hatches, seeming to peer out to the corridors beyond. ?I sense confusion and panic amongst them.? He began striding forward, but stopped when he felt a firm hand on his arm. Luke glanced back and saw Kyp standing there, holding on. ?Kyp??

?We'd better stay put,? he said. He glanced around with his intense green eyes before settling back on his former Master. ?Not a good idea to get scattered about here.?

Luke sucked a breath in and shook his head. ?Kyp, I can feel their pain, their desolation. We're here, and we can help them!? He tugged his arm free and took a step forward. ?Even if only one being at a time, if we can help them, we must!?

Tionne and Ganner approached. ?I think... I agree with Kyp,? Tionne said. Her silvery eyes went to the hatch behind the throne. ?I feel it too, but right now we have to stay in one place. Besides, Starfleet is probably better for this than we are at the moment.? She spread her arms out. ?You're the only one with a lightsaber, even!?

Luke shook his head. He reached out to find Leia's position, then promptly shut it down. ?We'll... discuss it further,? he said, cheeks coloring slightly.
    Leia pulled her mouth away from Han's only long enough to breathe before kissing him again. ?I missed you,? she said after finally breaking the kiss.

Han held her close, arms locked around her in a tight embrace. ?So did I.? He let the rest of the multiverse vanish as he held Leia tightly, feeling the warmth of her body. ?Gods, I knew there was no way to keep you down.?

A smile crossed Leia's face. ?I had good motivation to come back.? Slowly, she let her arms slide away from Han. She stepped back and turned to Han's left, where Chewie stood. ?And you!? she half-shouted, the twinkle in her eye belying her tone. ?Thanks for staying by his side,? she said, smiling warmly.

Chewie reached out and picked Leia up, hugging her. [Someone had to keep him out of trouble,] he grow

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet super update.

:D

:)

16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Very nice Jon. The balance between anger and duty in Picard was well done.

Now I do wonder if somebody will indeed take revenge on Queen Jaina?...

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Super update with Han and his kids and Chewie. And loved Data and Han together.=D=

18. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    If I had the spare time, I'd create a TVTropes page for this fic, Striker - and will when I can, if I don't get beaten to it - but alas, right now I'm bouncing between things like a ping-pong ball in a clothes dryer. Kyp and Tionne are right ... spreading out to help everyone would only cause more chaos. I love how poignant this chapter is, especially with High Queen Jaina taking her next few steps on her journey of redemption, repentance and reparation. Luke trying to mind trick Jellico made me laugh ... he is most definitely NOT weak minded ... in fact, he's probably one of the strongest minds in Starfleet - as well as one of it's biggest hardasses. Chewie and Anakin's reaction to alt-Chewie's death also touched a cord (or is it "chord"?), though I did smile at Chewie's remark that there are worse ways to die. Picard really should be promoted ... let him keep the Enterprise, but at least a formal promotion as well as the command of an elite task force. And I doubt that alt-Jaina is truly, irreversibly damned; if Vader can achieve redemption in his dying moments, she can by dedicating the rest of her days to healing the wounds she's caused. She WILL have some serious karma to deal with, but I doubt she shall pass into The Madness Beyond Death.

19. Jaded_Girl

Aug 9, 2001
    Had to be you. :p

Had to be. :p

Any idea for a title for Kyp? The Kyp Fan club's chomping at the bits for that one.

How about "Agressive Negotiations"? (Prequel references notwithstanding... yet oddly appropriate! :p ) The only other thing I can think of is "Qapla' Means Never Having to Say You're Sorry", which is completely lame.

She spread her arms out. ?You're the only one with a lightsaber, even!?

Mmm. Good point.

Luke shook his head. He reached out to find Leia's position, then promptly shut it down. ?We'll... discuss it further,? he said, cheeks coloring slightly.

Eek! Privacy alert! ;)

Queen Jaina met her eyes and her organic left eye blazed. ?Do not treat me with pity,? she said, voice frosty. ?I chose my own path to damnation, Mother.?

With Leia and Han's blessing every kriffin' step of the way, might we add. [face_frustrated]

Han and Luke approached the group. ?And you are?? Han asked, stopping near the MACO's.

Awww! They're protective already! [face_love]

~Luke held up a hand. ?That's not necessary,? he intoned.
    ~Jellico paused and shook his head. ?No... it is,? he said. He focused his eyes on Luke. ?Try that again, Skywalker. I dare you to.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Luke's got a set on him, trying that on Jellico!!!

[Just make sure not to get yourself killed if I ever have to do that,] he said in a low tone, baring his fangs and winking.

Good advice. *nods sagely*

Jellico chuckled. ?There's been talk of making the head of the flagship a commodore rank at least.? he waved his hand over his admiral's uniform. ?This would look quite good on you,?

*sniffs* He's Patrick Stewart. Anything would look good on him. He exudes culture and intelligence!

Luke spoke up. ?What can be done to help them? Mara feels their pain.

Hm, yes... Mara. I can't help but notice that she is not within twelve inches of where Luke is right now. *stares at Striker expectantly*

:p

Queen Jaina's body hitched and a sob escaped her. Tears fell from her eye as her face contorted. ?Like... Zekyag,? she choked out, turning to Han even as he hugged her.

:( :_|

Awwww! [face_love]

UP!

20. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    I've been on limited internet time all week (Computer at home caught a cold), and there was a stack of filing that took three days to put right again, and... hate computer-virus scam things. Grrr. (And what's with the Yoville server? It wouldn't let me in!) The good news? I'm no longer completely glazed over AND I found my notes that I was looking for.

?I doubt you'll have much difficulty. The drones... they're in a state of utter panic.? He looked to one of the hatches, seeming to peer out to the corridors beyond. ?I sense confusion and panic amongst them.? He began striding forward, but stopped when he felt a firm hand on his arm. Luke glanced back and saw Kyp standing there, holding on. ?Kyp??

?We'd better stay put,? he said. He glanced around with his intense green eyes before settling back on his former Master. ?Not a good idea to get scattered about here.?

There's something one doesn't see a lot of: Kyp Durron making sense and pointing out that they need to catch their breath themselves. Launching themselves into a situation with former Borg drones when they themselves are suffering from trauma? Nuh-uh.

Before or after he realizes that they're right?

Luke held up a hand. ?That's not necessary,? he intoned.

Jellico paused and shook his head. ?No... it is,? he said. He focused his eyes on Luke. ?Try that again, Skywalker. I dare you to.?

[face_laugh] Not only is Jellico not weak-minded, but Luke's also out of sorts! (That works on HAN when he's ticked off!)

?This is Admiral Edward Jellico. I want all available ships to begin beaming over away teams to being assisting the former drones. Martok, Tomalak, Pellaeon, Wedge, I suggest you do the same.?

beta: begin

Queen!Jaina finest moment, right there... admitting and now trying to atone for what she's done. Nice.

Good update. :)

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Jade_eyes-lol, thanks. :) Will be sweet tonight, too.

Juliet-Thanks. I had a bit of a problem with Picard here. She'll make it to trial.

earlybird-Thanks, glad you liked. When I wrote Data there, I knew he'd have to go see Han.

Zeb-Aww, thanks. :) [:D] With extra-snark, right? ;) J/K. I've been busy, too. Yes, the road for Queen Jaina will be hard, but she will travel down it. I believe it's chord. Promotion for Picard? Hmm... we'll see. ;)

Jaded_Girl-Excellent title. And when you put up your fics, go ahead and use it. No law that says every fic must have different titles. :) Yeah, good point on going out with half-crazed drones unarmed. Yeah, Luke got a bit too much info there. :p A bit more on their reactions, too. Did you know Patrick Stewart is being Knighted? And of course Mara's not there. She's helping out the drones, like the tough-on-the-outside-but-soft-on-the-inside person she is. And glad you liked. :)

Daena-Sucks about the PC virus. *Kicks internet* I hate those things. Sucks about yoville, too. And yeah, I had to throw Kyp a bone there. ;) I doubt the mind-trick would work on Han, too. I don't see the 'being' up above, though. :confused:

Here we go!

Captain's log, Stardate 58421.98. The war with the Borg is over, and the Federation stands. Acts of kindness and reaching out have triumphed where the guns failed. And although the immediate future is bright, the looming task of just what to do with the former drones and how best to help them bears down upon us.

The
    Enterprise has also been tasked with transporting Queen Jaina back to Earth for trial. The ship is once more docked with the Kenobi, along with the Defiant, and we shall return together while Admiral Jellico's forces stay and assess the situation.

Still, closer to home, there are some people the
    Enterprise is able to help.

Doctor Crusher ran her handheld scanner over Luke's face, checking the areas where implants had been removed. She looked over her tricorder's screen and nodded. ?Looks like no lasting damage,? she observed. ?All the nanoprobes in your body have become inert matter and are even now breaking down even further.? She flashed a smile at him. ?I pronounce you cured of assimilation.?

Luke smiled as he sat on the edge of the bio-bed. He raised his left hand and ran it along his face. ?Thank you, Doctor Crusher,? he said. He turned his senses inward, confirming her diagnosis. He turned to his right and the person gripping his right arm. ?Looks like I'm all yours,? he said, smiling.

Mara glanced at Crusher and extended her right hand. ?Doc, thanks,? she said, grinning broadly. ?You're as good as Johnny says you are.?

Crusher's lips twitched. ?Thanks, I think.? She glanced at Luke. ?I'm releasing you, but make sure to be here tomorrow at 0800 hours. I'm not taking any chances with this.?

Luke nodded. ?I'll be here,? he said, sliding off the bed and landing lightly on his feet. He and Mara exited sickbay, walking down the Enterprise's corridors. ?Mara, I'm-?

He was interrupted as Mara spun around, grabbed him by the upper arms and kissed him full on the lips. A few crewmembers stopped and gawked, but subtle mental suggestions sent them on their way. After a minute, Mara broke the kiss, her eyes blazing. ?Don't you dare apologize!? she shouted, her voice echoing down the corridor. ?If Queen Jaina had hacked your spirit, the entire Order would have fallen, along with probably the entire galaxy.? Her face softened. ?So don't you apologize, Luke Skywalker,? she choked out. ?Don't you dare.?

Luke stood there, shock playing over his face and through his aura. Finally, he sighed. ?No arguing with you,? he said. He turned and began walking down the corridor, Mara by his side. ?Still, I just wonder how it became so bad over there.? They approached a turbolift alcove and the double doors slid open, allowing them entrance. ?Deck five, section thirty-three,? Luke said.

His wife glanced to the car walls. ?Well, I pushed everyone away, tried t

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes yes yes very very sweet. Squee!

Loved all of that!

[face_dancing]
    [face_dancing]
    Yuppers, no Ben and no Allana. Different names entirely LOL

23. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yay! I love reunions, especially shippy ones! :-D

Poor Jason, to find out there's somewhere in time and space where you were your family's worst nightmare. I'm glad the Solos have each other because they certainly going to need each other to get through the shock of Queen Jaina's revelations.

Can't WAIT for that wedding!

24. Jaded_Girl

Aug 9, 2001
    Excellent title.

I liked it. ^_^ And "when" is indeed the operative word... *crawls under a rock*

Did you know Patrick Stewart is being Knighted?

:eek: Shut up! Really?! Not that I'm surprised, really... bound to happen sooner rather than later. But I'm still majorly happy about it! [face_dancing] [face_blowing_noisemakers]

And of course Mara's not there. She's helping out the drones, like the tough-on-the-outside-but-soft-on-the-inside person she is.

*grumble* Yeah, yeah... ;) :p

~He turned to his right and the person gripping his right arm. ?Looks like I'm all yours,? he said, smiling.

HELL YEAH! :D [face_love] :D Seriously, though- I love Luke's line. It perfectly captures that sly-yet-gentle attitude they have in Zahn's books. 'Specially "Survivor's Quest". ^_^

...and ended up dying from a trick I would've saw through in my days as a Hand-and actually saw through at the beginning of the year.

A-MEN! :mad:

She trailed off and rolled her eyes. ?Luke, we're not naming any child of ours Ben or after anyone else. It'll be nice and original. Okay??

*snort* Ha. I concede your point about the... heavy tendancy for "dead guy junior" in the GFFA. It's always a lot on the little one's shoulders. I have to admit, though, I LOVED the idea of Luke naming his son "Ben". (I totally called it as soon as I heard Mara was pregnant!) Obvious namesake aside, it means "son" too. Original, no, but I still loved it! :p

Mara shrugged as they approached a door. Her mouth turned up in a smile as she felt the happiness and warmth within. ?Well, let's not talk about it,? she said as she touched the control panel. A second later, the door slid open and they stepped inside VIP quarters assigned to several members of their family.

*the deserved anti-NJO rant more-or-less finished, Jaded_Girl prepares- along with Striker and the rest of the readers- to indulge in the following blissful scene of "happily ever how it should have been..."*

?Dad, you do realize you'll be related to Isolder when they wed, right??

[face_plain] *Jaded_Girl slowly hunkers behind the couch*

~A grunt from her right caused her to separate from Zekk. ?Dad!? she half-shouted.
    ~Han sat in his chair and crossed his arms, smirking. ?Father's prerogative,? he said. He locked eyes with Zekk. ?Treat her right,? he said, right eye twitching.

[face_laugh] Awesome.

Zekk nodded and returned the stare. ?I will,? he said. He looked back to Jaina. ?She deserves it, for putting up with me.?

Excellent. A little touch of self-depreciating humor is not unplesant in the male species. He'll go far. *nods sagely*

*sigh* That'd be kinda weird, wouldn't it? To be confronted with an alternate universe where you've screwed everything up? I don't think I'd be able to stop dwelling on it either... *shiver*

Anyway, back to the mantra: If George Lucas doesn't care, why should we? On with the better than pro-fic fan-fic! *waves flags*

...I mean, seriously!! If you are writing a story as part of a SERIES set in a PRE-EXISTING UNIVERSE wouldn't AVOIDING CHARACTER DERAILMENT- not to mention keeping your correct alignment on the SSoIvsC!- be your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY?!?!?!

*Saints linebackers tackle Jaded_Girl off her soapbox on their way to the SU-PER-BOOOOWL! WOOT! [face_dancing] *

UP!

25. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Awww ... loved this post. Loved Mara glomping Luke like that ... and what does he have to apologize for? He didn't ask to be assimilated. The nanoprobes breaking down is awesome ... I imagine they'll be flushed from his - and all the former drones' - bodies over the next few days. Sorry, been hanging with a few too many EMT's and nursing students, so I'm going through all the medical stuff in my head. I like the different names idea ... further establishing that this universe is taking a different course. And Leia is NOT too young to be a grandmother ... though I do think Jacen and Tenel Ka are a little young to be parents (I'm guessing they're in their early 20's). Han's reaction to being kin to Isolder was priceless ... I could hear Harrison Ford's voice in my head while reading it. Loved all the fluffy!silly family stuff.

Oh, I dare you to put Danni Quee and Harry Kim together. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.