main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Where No Jedi Has Gone Before. SW/ST. Final post on 5/4/2010!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Wow, excellent chapter.

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    And yeah, I loved writing those three.

It shows. :)

?She?s a good ship. Not as fast as the Falcon, but a few modifications should take care of that.?

Has Riker SEEN the Falcon's circuit board?!?

Riker smiled and his blue eyes flashed. ?A bit of a pilot, Captain??

Han smirked. ?Oh, I?ve been around. You??

Riker shrugged as the trio walked out of the hangar. ?I?ve been behind the controls of a craft or two.?

Now who would win that flying contest? Hmmm... [face_thinking]

Han and Data's talk... I'd forgotten about Lal. Loved how Data gives Han a sense of surreal normality and familiarity by mentioning her. And yeah... he'd take how Han always acts toward Threepio badly. Anyone looking at it from the outside would, really, but Data more so.

Well done, Striker. :)

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, I love this!!!!! Too much!!!! :D
    Love all the common ground in hobbies that seem to be popping up, poker's correspondence to sabacc ;) and gardening :) Earl gray and sushi--yummy!!!!!! The characters are spot on, the dialogue too splentab!!! You know both your SW and ST so superbly that I feel like I'm watching both at the same time LOL
    Can I have PMs?
    Wriggle!
    Huggles!!!!

4. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Goodness, I don't mind being a dork! It's quite liberating, actually.

Oh, those idiots? In the novels, the Starfleet Corps of Engineers solved that six months after that episode.

Shiny. :D

Han looked back at the shuttle. ?She?s a good ship. Not as fast as the Falcon, but a few modifications should take care of that.?

Note to all personnel: Captain Solo is no longer allowed in the shuttlebays alone. ;)

The former smuggler shifted his stance a bit, leaning forward and rubbing his chin. ?Oh, I?ll give it a try. 2000 hours you said??

*warning bells go off in her head* Mmmm. Well, I think Han'll spank everyone there but Data, who he'll accuse of card counting. Not that that's untrue.

He suddenly looked to their left and grinned. ?Ah, Mace!? he shouted, holding his arms out to his side. He suddenly looked at his limbs and dropped them back to the side. ?Oh, sorry,? he said.

*DIES laughing* Oh my gosh! He's SO EVIL! And he's my kind of SO EVIL! [face_laugh] [face_love]

BENNY!!!! XD

Mace?s lips twitched. ?I stay one-armed to remind myself what happens when you let your guard down, Q. And one thing I will never do around you is-? He was interrupted as a bright flash of light enveloped him. When it faded, Mace was gone and a small dog was in his place, still barking.

*squeal!* SO evil! And on Mace Windu... my love for Q knows no bounds! *doesn't care for Jedi Master Sourpuss*

Spock turned and examined the map. ?The Klingons and the Romulans are our allies. It would be illogical to deny them access. The Ferengi would find a way even if we barred them access?and they would find great friends with the Hutt cartels.?

o_O *nightmare fuel* Yes, but how many Ferengi will be eaten by the end of the deal, do you think?

?The Cardassians, however, will not be able to make use of the tear for many years. Their entire infrastructure was decimated during a recent war.?

Good thing. If they meet up with the Vong... [face_Macaulay_Culkin]

But oh, the plot bunnies... [face_devil]

~He stood up and stretched, his back popping slightly. ?This is more exhausting than working in my garden.?
    ~Spock?s green eyes widened a bit. ?A garden? Of what type??
    ~The grand admiral shrugged. ?Oh, it?s a simple flower garden. I haven?t had much time to work with it for a bit.?
    ~Spock smoothed out his ceremonial robes while Pellaeon tugged down on the front of his dress shirt as they both rose from their seats. ?I believe we may have something to discuss,? Spock said.

*resists MASSIVE urge to squeal* They are... so adorable. So, so adorable.

~A smirk crossed the princess? lips. ?I think I?ll send Threepio to get him.?
    ~Pellaeon?s blue eyes widened. ?You wouldn?t be that cruel!? he said in an overly melodramatic tone.
    ~Leia merely walked to the door, tossed the men a wave and left.
    ~?She can be that cruel, actually,? Spock remarked.

As cute as the Leia/Pellaeon exchange was, it's Spock's line that takes the cake. Go Spock!

~?He said he was using the holodeck for calisthenics with?what was her name? The red-haired woman.?
    ~Han looked over from his seat. ?Tenel Ka??
    ~Riker nodded and snapped his fingers. ?Yeah, that?s her.?

Oooh, Jacen's gonna be JEALOUS! [face_plain] 6_6 Or maybe not. If this is YJK Jacen, he might be grateful that she isn't beating HIM to a pulp all the time...

Data looked at his cards, calculated the odds of him winning against what he knew of Han, Riker, Tirsek, Geordi and Beverly and his shoulders slumped. ?I fold,? he muttered.

Hm. I should have foreseen a Riker/Han contest. Captain Obvious didn't catch me in time... *sniffle* T_T

Han scowled. ?He?s not a ?life-form?, Tirsek. He?s a pain in the butt.?

:eek: Oh... he didn't just say that in front of... ohhhhhh *feels miserable, and wishes Luke was there instead of Han* *has she mentioned lately that Luke's attitude towards droids is one of her

5. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    You're rewriting this? Cool. Can I get on the PM list?

6. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    I'd like in on this as well

7. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I have a feeling Han won't be calling Threepio a machine anymore! Great chapter. :D - But Han lost his DL-44 in a card game? :eek: [face_shame_on_you]

8. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Hey Striker ... I'm back. Glad you're restarting this ... put me on the PM list ... and yes, I'll keep the spoilers to myself(And not just the ones that carried over from 1.0). Glad to see the negotiations beginning ... loved Ackbar and Pellaeon's remarks about the interfaces. Earl Grey a feature of both civilizations? Interesting ... I wonder where it originated in the GFFA. Naboo? I suppose Han needed this conversation a lot more than Data did, his horizons were expanded; though I doubt he'll be hugging Threepio any time soon, he does seem to have a lot more compassion - but, as an aside, Threepio's behavior can be pretty annoying at times, but no more than many humans' irritating quirks. And I'll bet that Riker's gonna run as many scans and analyses as he can on Han's blaster before Han recovers it.

9. wac0782

wac0782 Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2008
    If possible can I be added to any pm list for this fic plz. This is looking very interesting to say the least.

10. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Read the heading and decided to stir up some trouble first.

EDIT: Unsolicited concrit is against the rules and stirring up trouble really isn't our style here.

11. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Unnecessary.

12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Blinks* Wow... So, where'd you all come from? :p

lol, sorry. Just not used to having this many people here at once.

SSM12-Thanks. :)

Daena-I'm not sure Han himself has seen the Falcon's circuit board. Han would win. Will's a good pilot, but only above-average. Han is... Han. Yeah, I knew when I rewrote that scene, Lal had to be referenced. Han's treatment of Threepio never sat right with me...

Jade_eyes-LOL, welcome. :) Never had sushi, actually. I was a tekkie before a warsie, actually. Added to PM list.

Jaded_Girl-I don't mind being a dork, either. :) Yes, very shiny. Now, now. There's Will to consider with poker... Yes, Q is evil. And I don't like Windu either. Way too pompous for my tastes. The Vong? Who are these 'Vong'? :p Yes, adorable. Well, duh it's YJK Jacen! :p Yes, Luke's attitude to droids is a great thing about him. Yeah, anyone but Han. Glad it was 'accurate'. I think it's sick, myself. And don't apologize for the rant! I want rants and people to think outside the box with my crossovers. :)

TIEPilot-Yup, another rewrite. And added.

Drachonus-LOL, added too.

PonyTricks-Well, more respectful at least to Threepio. And yeah, but he might get it back. ;)

Zeb-Welcome back! Earl gray came from CHandrila, actually. Darjeeling(sp) came from Naboo. ;) [face_laugh] Yeah, Will's gonna want a look at the blaster.

wac-Added. And interesting? Maybe... ;)

Lady_Misty-Don't stir up trouble. [face_plain] This isn't a versus fic.

Small note: Yes, part of this post shows what happened to the Vong here. No, I don't like either species. Although the Vong score some points for being bipeds and having limbs that aren't ridiculously stupid-looking. ;)

Here we go!

Worf ducked under a tree branch, keeping his eyes fixed on his prey. It had taken him and his partner only a short time to track down their enemies. He didn?t look back to see if Tenel Ka was still behind him-he knew.

Her gray eyes looked over his shoulder. ?Are we close?? she whispered.

Worf nodded and hefted his ancestral bat'leth, a weapon resembling a double-bladed scimitar with three grips on the back edge. He held the two outer handles and readied it while Tenel K unclipped a large tooth from her belt and moved her thumb to a trigger embedded in the bone. Soon, it would be time to strike?

The pair moved past another tree and Worf held up a hand, signaling her to stop. He motioned at two armored humanoids standing nearby with swords in a clearing, looking about and sniffing the air. The nearer one had a green, smooth head that glistened with sweat while the other had multi-faceted eyes and scales.

Worf half-turned and looked Tenel Ka in the eye. A silent signal passed between them before the two hefted their weapons and charged. Tenel Ka thumbed the trigger on the tooth, sending forth a turquoise-colored plasma blade. She swung at the nearer one, but he held up his broadsword and blocked her swing. She gasped, but had no time to ponder. Tenel Ka disengaged and thrust at the beast?s midsection, forcing it back.

Worf swung his bat'leth overhead at insect eyes. The humanoid brought up a battle axe to block and parry Worf?s weapon down and away, leaving the Klingon open. Insect eyes screeched and punched Worf right in the jaw, rocking his head back and opening a gash on his cheek.

His eyes widened as Klingon battle lust took over his soul. ?It is a GOOD DAY TO DIE!? he screamed. He thrust his palm at insect eyes? chest, sending it stumbling back. The warrior then raised his bat'leth again and swung it at the beast, slicing into its arm and drawing blood.

Tenel Ka, meanwhile, battled her own opponent. She ducked a horizontal slash, but the hologram thrust a muscular arm at her midsection, knocking the breath from her and sending her to the ground. She grunted before rolling to her left and kicking out, simultaneously dodging his strike and kicking at his kneecaps. He howled in pain and dropped to the ground, clutching his broken limb.

Tenel Ka kipped up to her feet and stabbed s

13. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Thanks ... it's good to be back. I suppose we can catch up over PM ... I'll shoot one your way after a bit ... it's been an interesting year. Stang ... has it really been that long? Another good update. LOL ... looks like you decided to really be cruel to the Vong this time ... siccing the Daleks on them kinda kills two birds with one stone, though. Poor Jacen ... I'd hate to have that kind of competition, real or imagined. Is this AU on the ST side as well ... 'cause if Jadzia's still around, things could get interesting(I know she wasn't in 1.0, but this is a new version after all.). LOL at the stormies and the goldshirts shooting the breeze. Enjoyed that in the original.

14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I was being sarcastic... of course Han would win. He's got way more flight time...

Worf and Tenel Ka and their talk was awesome. Love the advice he gives her, and she'll likely think about it. Maybe...

Q's solution for the Vong... love it!!!! (Little mess in the timeline? Little, my foot!)

?Oh, don?t worry, Deanna. Jacen Solo has eyes for only one woman.?

Very true...

Well done, Striker. :)

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super update. =D= I am enjoying the J/TK very much... but I think Tenel's experiencing a teensy crush LOL ;)

16. JediCarpet

JediCarpet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2008
    Borg Vong...very scary thought.

17. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Hmmm. Is a romance breweing between Worf and Tenel Ka? [face_thinking] Poor Jacen! LOL!

18. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Hmm...very interesting place the Vong got sent to in this rewrite. Makes me wonder how well that concept would work in an actual fic. Damnit, Striker. You're giving me plot bunnies. :p

Anyways, good work as always. Keep it up. Can't wait to see what other new stuff comes in this rewrite. :)

19. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Yes, part of this post shows what happened to the Vong here. No, I don't like either species. Although the Vong score some points for being bipeds and having limbs that aren't ridiculously stupid-looking.]

Thought!

Ohhhhh man! If the Vong got Borgified... SO EVIL!!! It'd be like if they got enteched by the Ssi-ruuv1! Ultimate humiliation/outrage! [face_devil]

She swung at the nearer one, but he held up his broadsword and blocked her swing. She gasped, but had no time to ponder.

o_O Hmmm, materialized photons able to parry lightsaber. Must take note if we go up against Moriarty again. :p

She grunted before rolling to her left and kicking out, simultaneously dodging his strike and kicking at his kneecaps.

She just loves those kneecaps. I think her (brief) scene with Tamith Kai in Shadow Academy is one of my favorites in the YJK. ^_^

He waggled his finger, shaking the cosmos slightly. ?I was just cleaning up a little mess in the timeline-nothing bad!? he finished, holding up his hands.

Somewhere, Sailor Pluto is feverishly muttering curse words... ;)

~?You are an abomination!? he yelled, readying his amphistaff.
    ~The creature?s head swiveled around and a single blue optic focused on him. ?WE ARE DA-LEK!?

*spits out Sprite on her computer screen*

?I wonder if I that Worf guy could show me how to use that holodeck thing.?

*Jaded_Girl puts her head on her arms and emits a rueful and anticipatory "uhhhhnnnnnng" sound* Don't make the boy jealous! And just because he isn't He-Man doesn't mean he can't kick six kinds of tail! He's one of the best duelists in his year! He'd have to be, first picking up a lightsaber at age two! :mad:

?It couldn?t hurt. Actually, I wonder if he could show me too. I?d love to take that apart and see what makes it work.?

NO!!! They're delicate enough as it is! *grabs the nearest security officer by the lapels* Don't let him near the holodeck circuitry!!!

~One Starfleet guard looked over a stormtrooper. ?How can you see anything in that?? she asked.
    ~The stormtrooper shrugged...?They give you anything more substantial than a thin fabric for protection??

Ladies and gentlemen: red shirt meets stormtrooper! I'd feel very safe on the bridge at that moment... 'cause I'd be the last one shot at! [face_laugh]

The ONLY way that Jacen's plan could avoid something messy, embarrassing or the like would be if he talked to Deanna.

Please talk to Deanna.

No, seriously. Talk to Deanna. [face_plain]

Up!

20. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome chapter. Really funny with Jacen's interactions and Tenel Ka and Worf's sparring.

21. biganimefan

biganimefan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Awesome story so far. Love all the character interactions and it looks like Tenel Ka and Worf are getting along pretty well as fellow warriors. And...if the incident with the Vong was any indication, it looks like some trouble is about to occur. Looking forward to more!

22. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Zeb-Thanks for the PMs. :) Yeah, that long. LOL, I'm not sure who I was cruel to. Not an AU on ST, though. They didn't need much changing. I loved them, too.

Daena-Glad you liked their talk, there. I figure she'd listen to Worf. Yeah, little like a garbage dump.

Jade_eyes-LOL, you don't know how deep my J/TK love runs, do you? ;) It's my OTP, you see. I almost never split them up. :D

JediCarpet-Yes, but you see, the Borg want to add to perfection, not detract from it. :p Thanks for reading. :)

PonyTricks-Sorry, no romance. Just friendship.

TIEPilot-LOL, sorry. I didn't mean to. Go ahead and write it, but if you do, please send me a link.

Jaded_Girl-It'd be the worst for the Vong, yeah. That scene with Tamith Kai basically cemented Tenel Ka as one of my favorite characters of all time, there. Yes, Pluto is cheesed off. Was it a good spit or a bad spit IE did you like the scene? Aww, no jealous Jacen? :p And don't worry. It's Anakin. He'd make the holodeck work right. Deanna? Hmm... nah. :p

SSM12-Thanks. Yeah, I liked puttiong Jacen through the wringer a bit.

The dialogue with Worf is partly from the TNG episode 'The Dauphin'.

Here we go!

The next day

Jacen sought out advice, letting the Force guide him along the winding corridors of the Enterprise until he came to a door on deck seven. He pressed a button on the control panel next to the door and a male voice came through the speaker. ?Yes??

Jacen hesitated and put his thoughts into order. ?Mister Riker, this is Jacen Solo. May I come in??

The door slid open and Riker stood there. Instead of his uniform, he wore a pair of black slacks and a bright blue shirt. He had a stand in front of him with pieces of lined paper on them and held a long brass instrument. He looked over at Jacen and smiled. ?Well, nice to meet you, Mister Solo.? He set the trombone down and walked over. The two shook hands. ?Your father told me much about you.?

Jacen?s mouth turned up slightly. ?I deny everything,? he said, grinning.

Riker liked him instantly. He led Jacen over to a couch and chair and sat in the chair while Jacen took the couch. ?So, what?s on your mind?? the commander asked.

Jacen cleared his throat. ?Well, it?s like this. There?s this girl I like, and at first it seemed like she liked me. But now she?s interested in this other guy.? He clenched his fists. ?Would you have any advice for a guy like me??

Riker stroked his beard. ?Well, if I were you, I?d march up to her and tell her right then and there how you feel about her.? Riker edged forward a bit until he was at the edge of his couch. ?Also, kiss her.?

Jacen nodded as if in understanding. He then stood up. ?Well, thank you, Commander.?

Riker also stood up and walked him to the door. ?Oh, call me Will.?

Jacen nodded and waved as he walked out of the room and down the corridor. He was fairly certain that a declaration of love was appropriate, but if he tried to kiss Tenel Ka, he?d end up with several missing teeth. He sighed and set out for some more advice.
    ??Hapan and Dathomirian cultures are both matriarchal in nature. Princess Tenel Ka might subconsciously expect you to cater to her whims without realizing it. You are both humans, so mating will not-?

?Okay, okay! I get the picture,? Jacen shouted, holding up his hand to interrupt Data. He shook his head to get the technical jargon out of his head. ?So, do you have any advice on how to win her back??

Data furrowed his brows. ?If I may ask, who is it you think Tenel Ka is interested in??

Jacen swallowed and shook his head. ?No, that?s not important. So, you think I should court Tenel Ka in a traditional Hapan or Dathomirian way??

The android nodded. ?It would show her that you care about her enough to familiarize yourself with her culture.?

Jacen glanced at the deck plating. ?You do know that in both cultures, men are considered little more than slaves, right??

Data nodded. ?Yes, I am.? He raised his hand and rubbed his chin. ?It is fascinating

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Love the fic so far. Adore what you did with the Vong and the Daleks. Your right the Doctor (any incarnation) is probably on the sidelines going: "Who the hell do I side in this?" (Though Nine and Ten would probably side with the Vong and regret it later)

Love the honor duel between Worf and Chewie and Jacen going to various people for advice.

Luke: probably both.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

A very entertaining read. Loved all the different bits of advice Jacen got. And a duel between Chewie and Worf... wow! :D

25. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Wow ... Jacen sought advice all over ... looks like he got all his angles covered. I think a synthesis of Riker's and Worf's advice would probably go over the best ... I don't think Data realizes the extent which Dathomiri courtship is on the woman's initiative, and that Hapan culture is likely not much more empowering for the males. As far as Picard's advice goes, I'm not sure how fond Tenel Ka will be of Shakespeare ... she'll either love the Bard or hate him. But I think that Riker might have a point about being direct, and poetry is probably a good idea(I must confess a bias towards it, though), but it might be better if Jacen writes the poems himself. Loved how surprised Picard was to see telekinesis ... though I'm not surprised Picard reacted like he did about Jacen's telepathy, given his history with mental intrusions. That was quite a duel ... it's rather impressive that Worf was able to push Chewie back like he did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.