main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Where No Jedi Has Gone Before. SW/ST. Final post on 5/4/2010!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    fun with the Starfleet uniforms.
    And sweet moments with Raynar and Lusa.

Loved the entire post

2. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    Oh wow. That was fantastic.
    Once I get on a PM list I generally just lurk and enjoy the story, but this post really deserved a comment. Packed full of fantastic moments but I just had to mention Scotty and Martok's drinking competition, especially: Klag shook his head at Scotty. ?They don't make humans like that anymore.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    The bit the Doctor & Rose were great too, although I do wonder how they got there given the end of season 4?... I'll just chalk it up to Authorial Licence ;) [face_whistling]

3. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Tendrando is actually the canon name for their company. What misunderstanding with Lando?

I totally did not know that! And it's the "Kevin J. Anderson and Barbara Hambly should DIE for pairing him and Mara together!" misunderstanding. I was... somewhat less appreciative of Lando during those dark years. [face_blush] But all's forgiven now and I love him again! [:D]

Will Riker turned to him and shook his head. ?No, Jean-Luc. All Starfleet dress uniforms are designed to be not only ill-fitting, but hideous as well.?

*throws hands in the air* FINALLY! Somebody said it out loud! Hallelujah!

Wes looked up and down, rubbing his chin. ?Yes,? he pronounced. ?All three of you look like waiters.?

Oh my gosh! YES, they totally DO! [face_laugh] Go Wes!

Wedge approached from another angle, a look of exasperation on his face. ?Sorry, Captain,? he said. ?I'm afraid those two have the mental age only slightly lower than their shoe sizes.? He looked at the pair. ?Don't you have some Hapans to flirt with?"

Well, Hobbie slightly above, Wes, way lower! ;) And way to get rid of him, Wedge! Truly, experience has taught you well...

*totally cracks up as the Doctor enters the conversation* What a crasher... Excellent, Striker! =D=

Tenel Ka snorted. ?He did not, Lusa, and that is a fact.? Her lips moved up slightly. ?After all, he's still standing here.?

*snort* Burn.

~He turned to a dozing Praetor Tomalak and scowled. ?S-hut up,? he said before sipping on the ale, finally tipping his head back and drinking it all.
    ~Han patted Scotty on the arm. ?You can do it, Scotty! Just a few more!?

Meanwhile, at the part of the party voted "Most Likely to Cause a Pan-Dimensional Interstellar Incident"... :p LOVED the dozing Romulan...

Klag shook his head at Scotty. ?They don't make humans like that anymore.?

What, with livers powered by the Energizer bunny? Or maybe the radiation in engineering cleanses Scotty's liver on a daily basis!

Cute update! Up! ^_^

4. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    I never got over how you managed to combine the spirit of the old Star Wars EU, the one I grew up with along with the spirit of Star Trek. I really appreciate it, and your inclusion of the Doctor (and I automatically knew it was not The Doctor from Voyager) and Rose Tyler was just made of awesome. It is so good to see him here so happy. And everyone else. I think that's what I miss from Star Wars so much before the Vong.

Seriously, this is really cool for a sentimental geek like me. :)

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Pokes head in, looking quite pale tired* Hey, sorry, but there's not gonna be a post this week. I've been very sick and haven't been able to write... much of anything. [face_sick] New post next week... I hope. Sorry, folks. :(

6. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Or the fact that, for them, this occurs prior to "Army of Ghosts/Doomsday."

While I enjoyed the update, I do have to question the inclusion of the The Doctor and Rose. Is he actually going to be involved in the story, or was it just a cameo?

7. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Hope ya feel better soon.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Feel better soon! @};-

[:D]

9. SnubJockey

SnubJockey Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2009
    Great story, best of luck with it.

10. Jaded_Girl

Aug 9, 2001
    *sets out warm chicken soup, peanut butter crackers and Sprite out for the invalid*

Feel better soon! [:D]

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Loved the Doctor and Rose's appearance (assuming this is set where the end of JE never happened). Get well soon. *hugs*

12. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Hope you feel better soon.[face_praying]

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Jade_eyes-Thanks. I've always felt my banter needs work, so this is good to hear. :) And thanks. I am.

Zeb-LOL, precisely! [face_laugh] Glad you liked those two showing up. :) A request from Juliet, there. I had to include Scotty's mini-CMOA there. :D And in my mind, Scotty had a still built right into Main Engineering. :p And thanks, I'm feeling a lot better now. :)

Daena-You should... but be warned. It's long, confusing... but awesome. :D

earlybird-Thanks. :) I like a little Raynar/Lusa now and then.

FanficFan-Thanks for delurking. :D Scotty is just awesome that way. As for why the Doc and Rose are there... later on down the post. ;)

Jaded_Girl-The name comes from the post-YJK, so it's little wonder you don't know it.

And it's the "Kevin J. Anderson and Barbara Hambly should DIE for pairing him and Mara together!" misunderstanding. I was... somewhat less appreciative of Lando during those dark years. blush But all's forgiven now and I love him again! hugs
    Okay... for the record? I read the YJK before the Thrawn Trilogy... so I 'shipped Luke/Tionne for a while. And I didn't mind Lando/Mara, either. [face_peace] Thanks for the chicken soup and crackers. [face_hug]

Yes, Riker had to say that about the uniforms. :p Glad you liked Wes, Hobbie and Wedge. Yes, a bit of a burn, but still true. :D

darth_treyvah-Welcome and thanks! :) Glad you like the fic. And yeah, I was going for happiness here. Not enough of it lately.

TIEPilot-Mainly a cameo, but he'll have one more scene coming up. :)

Juliet-Thanks. :D Well, it was your request. ;p

Skywalker-Thanks. I am feeling better.

Author's Note
    So... how is the Doctor and Rose still together with her pregnant? Simple. canon took a sideways hop. ;) Remember way back in part one, where Q sent the Vong to fight off the Daleks?

Well... which Daleks? And who won?

Word of author here states that the Vong were dropped right into the middle of Army of Ghosts/Doomsday... and since the author hates the Daleks even more than the Vong, the Daleks coming from the Genesis Ark were wiped out, along with the Cult of Scarro. Rose and Ten were reunited and went on their merry way.

And yes. Sailor Pluto/Setsuna here is finally and firmly established to be the same as the one from my fic 'Three New Sailor Senshi'. She's a multiversal singularity of power. ;)

Anyway... I hope this post is good. Still a bit under the weather. [face_worried]

Here we go!

Near one of the far corners, several guests clustered around, unseen by almost all. Bones waved his hand at the waiters. ?Hey, you folks mind bringing me something to drink? Even ghosts get parched!? He sighed, more out of reflex than need. ?Jim, you mind telling me why we're not conjuring drinks out of the ether like in the afterlife??

Jim shrugged. He held his right hand up and gestured slightly. ?We'd put out too much of a presence doing that on this plane of existence.? A waiter walked over with a tray of drinks, face blank. The late Starfleet captain reached out and cupped the glasses, each one fading and turning translucent. He took each glass off and passed them around. ?To marriage,? he said, raising it high.

Bones and a younger-looking woman raised their glasses in response, clinking them together with Jim's. ?And may it be a long and happy one,? Tonia Barrow-McCoy said, smiling. She took a sip of her ghostly concoction, swishing it around in her mouth. ?I don't believe I've drank this before. Is it from the New Republic??

McCoy half-drained his glass, grimacing slightly. ?I don't think so, dear. Might be one of those Romulan drinks now that the Neutral Zone is down.? He grinned at her and slid his arm around hers. ?Then again, I'm just an old country doctor who managed to marry above his station. What do I know from Romulan drinks??

Tonia slid her own arm around McCoy's waist and squeezed. ?Why I do declare I might just get the vapors!!? she exclaimed, fanning herse

14. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    I'm quite sure Scotty's had a still tucked away somewhere on every ship he served on. Heck, I remember him building one in one of the novels. Speaking of hooch, I wonder what the ghostly trio's commandeered ... if it's Romulan, it's bound to pack a whallop. I can sorta see where the Jedi Order decided to ban so much good stuff, but I still see it as a mistake. I bet the Borg give Luke nightmares ... they gave ME nightmares after just watching First Contact back when it was in theaters. Looks like Q really knows how to create a scene, even when he's doing something nice. Loved the extended reunion ... everything was touching ... perfect.

15. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    So basically, she operates under the "Primus/Unicron" rules: one person across the multiverse. I always imagined her operating like that.

Anyways, printing off the update right now. I'll come back with fb later. :)

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yeah Borg are nightmarish critters.

And Q loved how he is bringing all together for a reunion.:)[face_dancing]

17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I'll probably get to it after I finally get to watch Torchwood... I still not be getting cable.

A sigh escaped the Captain's lips. ?Mara, there is no shame in 'bad dreams' with the Borg. The Collective was a blight upon the Milky Way for over five thousand years. Now is the time for healing, for reaching across and-? A high-pitched whine suddenly filled the room. Picard and Luke suddenly vanished in a flash of white light, disappearing from this plane of existence.

Yes... so totally a time to pop someone away for a chat...

?Oh, please. In maybe a million years. But now? You're an overly-developed amoeba trying to understand life outside the petri dish.?

The Jedi rubbed his forehead, pushing his sandy-blond bangs away from his eyes. ?You're right,? he admitted. He flashed a grin. ?Still, can't blame me for trying.?

Okay, fangirl moment... Q!!!! [:D]

Awesome, awesome reunion healing thing! (When Setsuna works the mojo, she really works the mojo...)

Loved the update, and wishing you well-thoughts. [:D] :)

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Q is totally in character here. =D=

Loved all the various reunions.

Guardian of Time -- [face_thinking] A lady who banters well LOL

19. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Loved the reunion :) So good to see Luke and Leia finnally (really) getting to know their parents. And Jean-Luc getting to see his familly (so nice). Looking forward to the next post.[face_praying]

20. Jaded_Girl

Aug 9, 2001
    I read the YJK before the Thrawn Trilogy... so I 'shipped Luke/Tionne for a while.

Yeah, I know. I think you still do, deep in your heart of hearts! ;) They would make a sweet couple- very quiet, calm and with like goals. I think those two make more sense then Luke/Callista, but it's hard to tell since the latter comes off differently between authors. (Everyone does, but she only has three books, so the effect is much worse.)

And I didn't mind Lando/Mara, either.

[face_plain]

Just kidding! :p They are cute together, I cannot deny... so long as Lando isn't acting like a nerf in heat. So, in other words, in fanfic and maybe a stray sentence or two in the profic! [face_mischief]

[Sailor Pluto/Setsuna]'s a multiversal singularity of power.

Oh, I like that! That should go on her resume!

The Jedi Master's countenance wavered, shifting from his youthful self in the prime of his life to how he was at the twilight, wrinkles furrowing his brow and hair lightening.

I like that! Ben seems the type who values the wisdom of his old age! And I like the point Kirk raised and Ben's mused response to it. Kudos!

~She held out her hand and an ornate staff appeared. She tapped it on the ground. ?Q!?
    ~A flash of light heralded the arrival of the trickster godling.... ?The preparations are complete.

*Jaded_Girl makes whipping sound effects, only to innocently whistle when an annoyed Q glares at her*

She cocked her head to the side and glanced over at Luke. ?So different, and so the same.?

Dude, she must have the most organized brain in the history of ever... just THINKING about keeping all of these realities straight gives me a headache!

~A high-pitched whine suddenly filled the room. Picard and Luke suddenly vanished in a flash of white light, disappearing from this plane of existence.
    ~Mara's eyes bugged out. ?LUKE!? she shouted, drawing the attention of several partiers close by. She cast her senses out, searching for the link she shared with Luke... and finding it blocked. Not cut, but as if an impenetrable wall had sprung up between them.

One: excellent timing on your visuals, as usual! :D Two: poor Mara getting her link blocked so soon after what all just happened! MEAN! :mad:

~Beverly shook her head. ?Bright light? Was it a flash that seemed to radiate from a central point before vanishing abruptly??
    ~The Jedi Master blinked. ?Yeah,? she mumbled.
    ~Beverly and Deanna locked eyes with each other and groaned. ?Q.?

The vast aura of vaguely annoyed resignation was hilarious. And Mara's more confused/panicked reaction reminded me of the Tschel incident! :D

~He glanced to Luke and chuckled. ?Oh, please. In maybe a million years. But now? You're an overly-developed amoeba trying to understand life outside the petri dish.?
    ~The Jedi rubbed his forehead, pushing his sandy-blond bangs away from his eyes. ?You're right,? he admitted. He flashed a grin. ?Still, can't blame me for trying.?

It took me a second, but when I realized what was happening, I laughed out loud! ^_^

~?For those who have given much,? Setsuna intoned, half-smiling. ?You are owed this... Q!? she suddenly barked, snarling. ?Where is Leia??
    ~Q's Adam's apple bobbed up and down. ?Sorry,? he said, chuckling nervously.

[face_laugh] SO whipped!

?-this Q sounds dangerous. Maybe-? Leia suddenly dropped to one knee. Her hand went to her thigh as the slit exposed a holdout blaster strapped to her toned leg. She pulled it out and held it up, waving it about. ?What the hell happened??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yay for Leia reflexes! She's more like Han than people give her credit for, I think.

~Luke gasped as Anakin and Padme walked out... ?I don't believe it,? he murmured.
    ~Yoda emerged, almost completely enshrouded by the fog. ?And yet, you succeed,? he said, tapping his cane on the stone floor.

Striker, I think that is the coolest, most original, most thoug

21. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Zeb-He had to. It's Scotty, after all. ;) I think I read the same novel. I also see it as a mistake. I got nightmares, too. Glad you liked the reunion. Thanks. :)

TIE-Right on the nose. :) She's quite powerful. Hope you like.

earlybird-Aye, they can. And thanks. :)

Daena-I don't have cable, either. LOL, yeah. Q. He's awesome. :) Setsuna is awesome.

Jade_eyes-Thanks. It's hard to get him just right, actually. Yes, Setsuna can hold her own. ;)

Skywalker-Thanks. :) Yeah, I figure they deserve it.

Jaded_Girl-I still do. :p To me, Tionne's the best choice after Mara. I mean come on, Callista? Gaerial? No. I think Lando, when he's in a relationship, doesn't stray. I just like thinking of Ben as Sir Alec Guinness. Go ahead and make the noises. Pluto's got your back. ;) Q doesn't care if he hurt Mara. Shall I sic Pluto on him for you? Glad you liked the little bit of Luke 'scanning' Q. :p Wow, the exchange was that good? thanks. [face-blush] Sorry. I got chicken pox when I was two. :p

Here we go!

Chapter Eleven: Moving on, Moving up and Moving backwards
    The next day
    President Bacco and Fleet Admiral Ross walked down a rather nondescript corridor, a pair of MACO's in front a a pair in back. Bacco held up a PADD and looked it over. ?We were damned lucky,? she commented. ?I almost want to thank the Dominion for their war, as sick as it sounds. We needed that kick to the butt to get us out of our complacency.? They turned a corner and approached a door at the end of the corridor with two Hapan guards flanking it. ?Only six months to replace our losses??

Ross nodded, glancing over Bacco's shoulder at the PADD. ?We never went back to pre-war levels of manufacturing and recruitment. There's a move to have those levels increased again.?

One of the Hapan guards held out a flat sheet of plastic. First Bacco, then Ross placed their hand on the palmprint scanner. A beam of light swept across the plastic's face, checking their fingerprints and DNA. One of the guards nodded and pressed a series of buttons on a control panel mounted next to the door and it slid open, allowing the sextet entrance into the conference room..

It was a rather large room, dominated by a large circular table in the middle and chairs set up at regular intervals. A large holo-emitter was mounted into the center of the table, while a pair of viewscreens were mounted on the walls opposite each other. A long table ran along one wall, laden with food and drink from various worlds. Servants bustled about, placing silverware and glasses in front of the various chairs arrayed around the table.

Queen Mother Teneniel Djo and an older man were already sitting. The older man, dressed in a Hapan military uniform with flag officer ranks on his shoulder,s had steel-gray hair and a small scar on his weathered right cheek. He looked Bacco and Ross over with bright, inquisitive eyes and inclined his head slightly. ?You're early,? Fleet Admiral Remmis Advis said.

Ross pulled out the nearest chair for Bacco to sit in before taking his own seat. ?Better early than late,? he said. He looked around, then turned around completely as the door once more slid open, allowing Martok and General Goluk of the Klingon Defense Force to enter along with a pair of beqs. ?Chancellor,? he said, smiling.

Martok waved him off and stumbled to the nearest seat. He banged the side of his head before dropping down into the nearest seat. Goluk simply walked over and sat, grinning all the while. ?Apologies,? the Klingon said. ?Chancellor One-Eye had a rough night.?

?A... rough night?? Bacco echoed, blinking. She leaned over and looked across Ross to Martok, but before she could speak, the door opened once more and Tomalak and two uhlanswalked in. The Praetor stumbled slightly, glassy-eyed. ?Praetor?!?

Tomalak and Martok both winced. ?Not so loud!? Tomalak whispered, waving her off. ?I had a rough night at the reception.?

Ross' right eyebrow quirked. ?A rough night? What in heaven's name did you two do??

Mar

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I'm with you there... Setsuna is awesome. (How awesome? There's a multiverse story dedicated to the awesomeness which I can't link to. Sean Gaffney's Webpage. The story: Trials and Errors. Read with caution.)

?Apologies,? the Klingon said. ?Chancellor One-Eye had a rough night.?

?A... rough night?? Bacco echoed, blinking. She leaned over and looked across Ross to Martok, but before she could speak, the door opened once more and Tomalak and two uhlanswalked in. The Praetor stumbled slightly, glassy-eyed. ?Praetor?!?

[face_laugh]

A meeting to decide the direction of healing... liked that, liked that.

Where is this year going?

It's funny... my boss said the same thing two weeks ago.

Good update. :)

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I love the air of cooperation and gratitude that permeates the meeting. Due to the combative nature of some of the participants, I am not holding my breath that all parties involved mean everything they say i.e. the Romulans and Formbi/Chiss. They often seem to be playing two games at once. :p

o_O

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Scotty is still the master in a drinking contest[face_laugh][face_dancing]

And great to see all together and wanting to help eachother.

Nice update=D=

25. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Awesome post. Glad to see the spirit of unity present at the summit. I wish we'd see more of that in real politics. *sigh* Bacco's offer to Tomalak was priceless. Very much in the spirit of the Federation. LOL at Martok and Tomalak showing up hung over and still half drunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.