main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Where No Jedi Has Gone Before. SW/ST. Final post on 5/4/2010!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    That was a nice chapter, especially at the start with Jacen asking around for advice. It had some nice character interaction, and it just goes to prove that nothing can shake Picard's calm, not even the skillz of a Jedi :). My only grip is that I'm alittle confused why Chewie challenged Worf to a duel. Did Worf accidently diss Chewie's hair(fur)cut? Was it a cultural misunderstanding? Or was it a rematch of their old Grudge Match years ago (http://www.grudge-match.com/History/chew-worf.shtml ) ? Only the Striker know for certain. :)

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I liked it. Will be back with longer review.

Worf looked up at Chewie. ?This will be a day long remembered.?

Chewie nodded. [In the interests of negotiations, I promise not to kill you.]

Awesome. Simply awesome. :)

3. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    It says something about how much I like this fic that it can make me forget for even the tinest sliver of a second that I hate Jacen Solo, and was doing it before LOTF turned him into a major...well, I can't say the word without a TOS violation. Let's just say it rhymes with "rascal" and leave it at that.

Chewie vs. Worf: Loved it in the original, loved it here.

Keep it up, dude.

4. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Awesome chapter. Great fight between Worf and Chewie.

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Juliet-Aww, thanks. :) Yes, I can see the Doc being quite puzzled by this. :p Glad you liked the duel and Jacen's search for advice.

Jade_eyes-Thanks. I tried for a comedic feel there with Jacen. And I am somewhat... half-decent with action. ;)

Zeb-No, Data probably doesn't know that... yet. Yeah, Worf and Riker would be best there. I have a bias to poetry, too. :) Glad you liked Picard there.

Stooky-Picard is unflappable-except with the Borg. [face_mischief] Chewie challenged him because it's a male thing to do. ;p

Daena-LOL, okay. Glad you liked the fight, there.

TIE-Heh, I'm glad you like my version. He's basically the YJK one. Glad you liked the fight, too. I tried to make it as good as possible.

SSM12-Thanks. Glad you liked that bit.

Well... I hope we all had a good Valentine's Day. I actually did. :D And, two fic announcements.

DarthIshtar wrote me a fic called Some me Time It's a side-story for this fic, and I highly recommend it. It's 'Gone Before' canon, as much as a fanfic can have canon. [face_laugh]

And I wrote her one called Payfor. It's a side-story to one of her fics. :D

Here we go!

Later that day
    Picard found himself in the gym, practicing fencing with an opponent. Her moves were graceful, but she telegraphed several thrusts. He parried her foil away and stabbed her right above her right breast, ending the round. Picard removed his helmet. Sweat glistened off his forehead. ?Excellent job. You?re learning quite rapidly.?

The woman removed her helmet, letting reddish locks cascade down. ?Well, I?ll admit you?re pretty good, Johnny,? Mara Jade Skywalker said, ignoring Picard?s grimace at ?Johnny?. ?I admit it?s no lightsaber, but it is kind of neat.? She grabbed the tip of the foil and bent it a few times over her head.

Picard slashed the air with his foil and waited for Mara to get ready again.

Just as they settled into position, the door slid open and Riker stuck his head in. ?Captain?? he said. ?Sorry to interrupt, but Admiral Ross is contacting us.?

Picard looked over, surprise on his face. ?Starfleet Command is able to punch through the rift??

The first officer nodded. ?They?ve got a relay station set up on the other side.? His blue eyes wandered over to Mara. ?Oh, how do you do? I?m Commander William T. Riker.? He smiled rakishly and held out his hand.

Mara rolled her emerald eyes. She felt his attraction to her, and she had to admit, he was handsome. Still he?s no Luke, she thought. She grabbed his hand and pumped it twice. ?Hey, Will. I?m Mara Jade Skywalker.?

Riker?s mouth opened, but no sound came out for a few seconds. Finally, he spoke. ?Ah, related to Luke down on Yavin? Perhaps a younger sister??

Mara giggled a bit. ?Ah, no.? She held up her left hand and flashed him her wedding ring.

Riker nodded, then turned his head back to Picard. ?As I said, sir, Admiral Ross would like to speak to you.?

The captain nodded. ?I?ll take it in my ready room.? He saluted Mara with his foil before leaving.

Mara glanced at Riker. ?Do much fencing?? she asked.

Riker shook his head. ?Actually, I prefer bat'leths to foils.?

Mara?s ears perked up at that. ?Really? Ever think about lightsabers??

Riker?s brow furrowed. ?What?s a lightsaber??

A laugh escaped Mara?s lips again, this one with more warmth and heart than the giggles she let loose earlier. ?Let?s go down to Yavin, and my husband and I can give you some lessons on it, but only if you promise to show me some basic bat'leth moves.?

Riker smiled, and the two left the gym for one of the transporter rooms.
    Captain?s Log: Stardate 53070.9. Admiral Ross informs me that the Federation Council has been informed of Spock and Worf?s negotiations and are quite pleased with their progress. He also mentioned commendations for not only me, but the crew as well.

On another note, I have

6. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    Will Riker ... always the ladies' man. Looks like he's handling his own with the lightsaber ... and Mara's got a new "toy" in that bat'leth. Loved the scene with Lusa and Data ... I'm wondering if he will instill Lusa with a similar penchant for art. Loved how smart@$$ Artoo is ... it's great that we have his expressions translated for once. 20 credits? That sucks. I'd hate to lack critical functions over some corporate corner-cutting. I'm actually surprised that there aren't very many astromechs with after-market vocabulators out there. I bet Tionne and Data will get along swimmingly. Pirates going after Jaina and Zekk? Dang ... will the assorted scum and villainy never learn ... there's at least three serious warships in system, along with a Jedi academy.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Adored seeing Lusa and Raynar. I have always been intrigued by Data the painter LOL Absolutely loved loved loved Mara in this. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] Jaina and Zekk... eeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!! Not echoes of that icky funky joiner stuff is that? [face_laugh] :p

I still feel like I'm watching Star Trek and SW at the same time.... a stellar experience.

:D
    :D

8. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Post 2/10: Was it a good spit or a bad spit IE did you like the scene?

It was a so-funny-I-spat-out-my-drink spit take. All good! :D

Deanna? Hmm... nah.

*groans in anticipatory embarrassment*

Jacen hesitated and put his thoughts into order. ?Mister Riker, this is Jacen Solo. May I come in??

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NOT RIKER!!!! *grabs onto Striker's leg and refuses to let go as he drags her around* ANYONE BUT RIKER!!!! HOW COULD THE FORCE BE THIS CRUEL TO JACEN?!?!

~?Your father told me much about you.?
    ~Jacen?s mouth turned up slightly. ?I deny everything,? he said, grinning.
    ~Riker liked him instantly.

Aww! ^_^ Cute! Hm. That wasn't so bad! At least Jacen knew better than to try the advice... but then again, Tenel Ka would probably greatly enjoy the kiss because of its unexpectedness! Oh, the irony! As a side note: In an observation that makes sense in hindsight, Riker really gets along well with teenage boys. He'd make a great dad... as a couple of episodes pointed out.

~??Hapan and Dathomirian cultures are both matriarchal in nature. Princess Tenel Ka might subconsciously expect you to cater to her whims without realizing it. You are both humans, so mating will not-?
    ~?Okay, okay! I get the picture,? Jacen shouted, holding up his hand to interrupt Data.

Ohhh, poor Jacen. He's lucky to get away so easily. -_-;

~Jacen flinched as Worf roared in his face, serrated teeth bared and spittle gathering at the corners of his mouth... ?I should yell at her?? Jacen asked, eyes widening.

O_O;;; Ah! I got it! The Force/Karma has this Jacen mixed up with Caedus! THAT'S why it's inflicting cruel and unusual punishment on him!

Yes, Striker... Of course it's hilarious. And to answer the question I KNOW you want to ask me, no I don't have anything against Riker. He's actually one of my favorite characters. And it would sort-of make sense to go to him (being a well-know ladies' man) for romance advice. My problem is that he- like his GFFA counterpart, Lando- is so CONSCIOUSLY and OBVIOUSLY a ladies' man, you don't always want to take their advice. Just because those two can get away with it (they're not always sucessful, but they can get away with it) doesn't mean that anyone else can. Does that make sense? If it makes you feel better, Jacen's conversation with Riker had been the least embarrassing so far! ^_^

Picard held his arms out wide. ?But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun.?

*crawls under a desk in embarrassment* :p Despite that... attention-getting opening, I really liked this part. Such a great heart-to-heart about life, the universe and everything! [face_love]

?I can feel you, Captain. I feel your heartbeat and the currents of your thoughts.? A rakish grin crossed his mouth. ?And I gotta say, you?re one of the most intelligent people I?ve met. Even from surface thoughts, that?s apparent.?

Darn tootin'! :cool:

Picard?s gaze hardened ever so slightly, but it was enough to scare Jacen and remind him of Mom whenever she got angry... Jacen backed up, turned around and bolted for the door. As soon as he left the ready room, he let out a sigh. ?Never mess with Jean-Luc Picard,? he muttered.

*evil laugh* Yesss, it's all in the subtlety. A master of expression can convey any expression with the slightest twitch of a muscle!

Worf meditated as the door chimed. ?Enter!? he bellowed.

So totally snorted with laughter at the innate disparity of that statement. Awesome.

Woo! Worf and wookiee smackdown! *gets good seats and one of those big foam fingers*

~?I hope there?s a temple left after this,? Luke commented.
    ~Riker shrugged. ?I just hope there?s a Wookiee after Worf gets through with him.?
    ~Han? mouth dropped open. ?Hey, watch it! Chewie?ll rip his arms out and beat him t

9. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    I'd have been back in sooner, but comp at home went down with a virus and comp time's been a little limited since monday. So can't wait for it to get fixed...

Han tensed but didn?t move. Luke glanced over at his brother-in-law. ?You won?t help him,? he stated.

Han shook his head. ?This is an honor duel, kid. I can?t-I won?t interfere.?

Riker nodded in understanding. ?Worf?s the same way.? The two men let a grim smile cross their lips before turning back to the battle.

Love that moment where Han wants to intervene and Luke won't let him and he knows that it wouldn't help things if he did. Well done, that.

?Well, it was either a portent to doom, or Luke just felt like messing with our heads.?

Sincerely hope it was just Luke messing with their heads...

Mara and Picard fencing... liked that. And she wants to learn to use a Batleth? Neat.

?We use the Force to instinctively know where the blade is at all times.?

Hadn't thought of it that way before. Good detail.

Mara swung around a bat'leth, looking like a natural with it. ?Man, this thing is cool!? she gushed, swinging it overhead. She looked over at Riker. ?Thanks for the lessons.?

Liked that. :)

Lusa's right. Data's no mere machine. (Loved that moment with Artoo.)

Well done and wonderful updates. :)

10. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    There's nothing I can really say about this chapter, which isn't to say that I didn't enjoy it. It's just that I promised myself I would reply to each chapter, but can't figure out anything to say about this one other than the usual "good work" and "keep it up" praises.

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Zeb-LOL, yeah. I have a feeling Will would do good with a blade. Glad you liked Data and Lusa, there. :) It's one of my favorite scenes, actually. I don't like it, either. I think astromechs being able to speak would make so much more sense. And that's why they're scum and villiany-because they don't learn. :p

Jade_eyes-I like Data painting, too. You liked Mara? *Gasp* :p I figured you'd adore that scene. No, no Joiner stuff. I hate, loathe and abhor anything past the YJK. :)

Jaded_Girl-LOL, okay. Glad you liked that bit. The Force isn't that cruel. I am. [face_devil] *Sees her sad face and sighs* Oh, come on. it's me. Do you think I'd do any permanent damage to Jacen? O:) Yeah, Riker's got an air about him. He can still be a bit... immature. :p LOL, I like Will too. he's my second favorite TNG character, behind Data. I'm glad you liked Picard, there. Yes, they're whipped. Glad you liked then fight. Q may not call him that, but Mara's not Q. :p Yes, he belongs with Deanna. I'll keep your fangirling in mind.

Daena-Ooh, that sucks. :( Hope it gets fixed. Glad you liked that bit with Han and Luke. Yeah, she wants another sharp, pointy weapon. :p Yup, Lusa's right.

TIEPilot-Trust me. I love good work and such. I'm an unrepentant reply junkie.

Here we go!

The Rock Dragon shuddered as repeated lasers slammed into its shields. Both Jaina and Zekk rocked in their seats. Zekk?s gloved hands were gripped on the control stick as he fought to keep the cruiser under some semblance of control. ?This is fun,? he muttered.

Jaina laughed hollowly. ?Well, I said our last mission was boring. I didn?t know it?d end up like this!? The ship rocked again, tossing both Jedi trainees about. The console in front of Jaina sparked and smoked, causing both of their eyes to water and squeeze partially shut.

Suddenly, Zekk?s danger sense flashed. ?Jaina, look out!? he shouted, grabbing her shoulder and pulling her out of her seat mere seconds before the console exploded, engulfing Zekk?s arm in a reddish-orange fireball. His green eyes crossed and a strangled cry escaped his lips. The young man fell to the floor and batted at his arm, desperate to put out the smoldering fabric.

Jaina knelt down, unzipped her jacket and wrapped it around his arm, smothering the embers. ?Thanks,? Zekk said through gritted teeth.

A sudden grinding noise startled the both of them. It continued for a few seconds before a large crash reverberated throughout the ship. Both reached out with their senses and scanned the Dragon. ?I can?t feel anyone on board,? Jaina said. She got to her feet and gingerly helped Zekk up.

They took a few steps out into the corridor-and came face to face with some rather unsavory types. Three humans, a Twi?lek and a Rodian stood with blaster rifles at the ready.

Before she could speak or even formulate a word, Jaina?s brown eyes fell upon a backpack that each one of them wore. A small fur-covered lizard was hooked up to a frame and sat on a pipe. Suddenly, she felt a bit lightheaded. She glanced to Zekk and, with a start, realized she couldn?t feel him. His pal countenance also had a look of panic on it.

A taller human pushed his way through the five humanoids in front. ?I picked them up at Myrkr after escaping from Corellia,? he spat out.

Jaina?s mouth went dry and her breathing quickened. ?But-but-but? she sputtered.

The older man shrugged. ?Well, nice to see that someone from my family remembers me.? He turned to Zekk. ?You have any idea who I am, boy?? he asked with a sneer.

Zekk shrugged and put on a mask of bravado. ?No clue.?

Thracken Sal-Solo, black sheep cousin to Han Solo and Jaina?s disgraced uncle, rubbed his scraggly beard.

But before he could speak, Jaina snapped out of her reverie. ?He?s Dad?s cousin, a lying, backstabbing piece of trash that should-?

She was cut off when Sal-Solo stepped forward and slapped her across the mouth. ?Respect your elders, you little brat!? he screamed.

Jaina?s head snapped back

12. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Thracken ... what a waste of biomass. I wonder if Jaina told him who shot down his ship at the end of his little insurrection. Loved seeing Worf and Chewie waste his goons, though. A pity Han didn't waste him this time, though I know that you've got something especially nasty planned for him down the road.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb action =D= =D= Worf and Chewie rock to the moon and back :D :D Han's not shabby either LOL :*

14. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    A neat chapter man. It makes sense that Picard sent in their heavies, since hand to hand is the only way to go in such close quarters. I think Zekk and Jaina should of put up more of a fight but I guess having your control console explode in front of you and setting you on fire takes some fight out of you. BTW, I was wondering when exactly this is taking place. I figured it's during the YJK storyline but when is hard to pin down. Can't wait for the next!

15. Jaded_Girl

Aug 9, 2001
    The Rock Dragon shuddered as repeated lasers slammed into its shields. Both Jaina and Zekk rocked in their seats. Zekk?s gloved hands were gripped on the control stick as he fought to keep the cruiser under some semblance of control. ?This is fun,? he muttered.

*sigh* I keep expecting her to power up, jump outstide the ship and "starburst" the enemy! [face_blush]

*fidget* They just feel so... vulnerable in this universe without senshi powers! But then again, the balance of evil power is proportionate too, so I guess it's okay.

The older man shrugged. ?Well, nice to see that someone from my family remembers me.? He turned to Zekk. ?You have any idea who I am, boy?? he asked with a sneer.

*Jaded_Girl folds her arms stubbornly* You're a nobody who thinks he's a somebody, that's what you are!

Han?s mouth was a grim line and his eyes were darting back and forth while Jacen mumbled to himself. ?I can?t feel her. She?s not there.?

Ohhhh, poor Jacen! :(

~Tirsek thought for a moment. ?Wait a moment. If we send Han over, they?ll have to lower their shields, right??
    ~Picard snapped his fingers. ?Data, can we tight-beam two people onto the Rock Dragon just as they lower their shields??...
    ~Chewie slammed his paw on the table. [I will be one to go over!] he growled. [Thracken will rue the day he crawled out from the rock he was under!]
    ~Worf nodded vigorously. ?And I wish to go over as well. This Sal-Solo is a dishonorable qoH and should be killed.?

*snigger* Maaaaaaaan, Thracken has NO IDEA what he got himself into... *evil EVIL laughter... [face_devil] *

Worf swung his bat'leth and impaled the Rodian in his gut, ripping through the flesh and dropping him to the ground. Two of the humans jumped him, but he batted the first aside and blocked a swing from the second, breaking his forearm with a simple twist and bend...Chewie, meanwhile, had gutted the Twi?lek and had the human by the throat. He lifted him high in the air with one paw and roared right in his face. [You hurt my family!] He dropped the human to the deck and brought his paw down onto the top of his head-hard. The mercenary?s eyes rolled into the back of his head and he fell to the deck.

[face_hypnotized] Dude, it's a bloodbath... I almost feel sorry for them! *ponders a bit* Naw. They brought it on themselves.

Han reached down, grabbed him by the collar and hauled him to his feet. ?You deserve to die, but you know what? I?m not gonna kill you.? He looked over at Jaina, who had a bit of fear in her brown eyes. She had never seen her Daddy act like this, and it scared her a bit. The two Solos locked identical brown eyes for a moment before Han turned back to Thracken.

Don't mess with papa bear. Go Han!!!

*holds chipped bowl up to Striker* Please, sir! I want some more! [face_puppy_dog_eyes]

Up!

16. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Well... computer finally fixed. :) (Meaning... I can stop having to track down a computer with an internet connection now. [face_dancing] )

?Well, nice to see that someone from my family remembers me.? He turned to Zekk. ?You have any idea who I am, boy?? he asked with a sneer.

The question should be: "Does anyone WANT to remember him?" Because I don't think anyone really wants to...

?He?s Dad?s cousin, a lying, backstabbing piece of trash that should-?

She was cut off when Sal-Solo stepped forward and slapped her across the mouth. ?Respect your elders, you little brat!? he screamed.

And they should do that because...? (Oh... Thracken's bringing the snarkiness out to play... eh-heh... you do a wonderful job with him, Striker.)

?I shall be down shortly. I need my armor and bat'leth.?

Chewie snarled. [My ryyk blades call for Thracken?s blood. I will be there.]

Love that the imminent violence is bringing them closer together in mindset...

The elder Solo?s face turned purple with rage. ?You damned fool! You-?

Han took a few steps forward, leaned back and sent a right hook sailing at his brother?s chin. His face was stone as Thracken crumbled to the deck. ?You don?t hurt my family,? Han spat out, towering over his cousin.

Wow...

Well done and wonderful chapter. :)

17. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    I love it when Han get's angry.
    I was never more than a casual fan of the Trek universe, I own a couple of books from relos who mixed up Star Wars and Star Trek, and I've seen the movies but that's about it. But I'm really quite enjoying this story.
    If you have a PM list please add me.

18. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Again, can't think of anything to say other than "good job" and "keep it up". :)

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Zeb-Yeah, he is. I think he already knew at the end of the Corellian Trilogy, but not sure. I figured letting Han go too far in front of Jaina wouldn't be a good thing. And yeah, something... nasty. [face_devil]

Jade_eyes-Glad you like those two. And I thought you were more a Luke fanboy, lol. ;)

Stooky-Yeah. One errant phaser/bowcaster shot there and they'll be exposed to vacuum. And yeah, not to mention the ysalamiri Thracken had. A bit of thinking ahead, there. I sorta set this a tht ened of the YJK, with Q taking care of the Vong and Vergere via the Daleks. I now have a legit plot bunny brewing for that...

Jaded_Girl-Aww, that's all right. :) I have to remember to reply to your review of post three in 3nss, too. Thracken is less than a nobody. I figured the twin bond there being severed would be especially disorienting for Jacen. Well, the real Jacen. Yeah, do not mess with Han's children.

Daena-Coolness on the PC fix. :) Nobody wants to think on Thracken, no. Glad you like him here. :) Yeah, Han POed is a scary thing.

Fanfic-fan-Welcome, and thanks. :) Added.

TIEPilot-Trust me. That's good enough. :)

The next two posts after this one will be somewhat shortish, but it's necessary to break them up properly.

Here we go!

Captain?s log: Supplemental. Chief of State Solo has expressed her profound gratitude for our help in rescuing her Jaina Solo and her fiancé. I feel this has cemented ties between the New Republic and the Federation. There will be a formal reception held in ten-forward later today.

Jacen sat on the roof of the Great Temple and looked out at the jungle of Yavin IV. His feet kicked the air as he sighed and thought about Tenel Ka. Right now she was on the Enterprise at the reception, probably with Worf and drinking that prune juice.

A sudden noise from behind startled him. He scrambled to his feet as a silvery column of energy appeared on the roof. It cleared, revealing a vision of pure beauty.

Tenel Ka stepped forward. She wore a maroon dress and had her reddish hair flowing down her back like a waterfall of fire. She walked up to Jacen and looked down slightly at him. ?Friend Jacen, what are you doing here??

Jacen?s brown eyes blinked twice. ?Huh??

Tenel Ka let out a sigh. ?I need an escort for the reception. Will you do that for me??

Jacen?s mouth dropped open in shock. ?Me? But what about Worf??

Tenel Ka?s gray eyes drilled into him. ?What about Worf?? she asked, her voice sounding quite frosty.

The younger Jedi shrugged. ?Well, you two seemed?close. I mean, he?s a warrior and you?re a warrior. You?re both politically powerful.?

Tenel Ka arched an eyebrow. ?And we are good friends, but that is all. I love you.?

Jacen let out a squeak. ?You do??

The Hapan princess leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. ?I do, and that is a fact.? She tapped a combadge on her dress and spoke. ?Transporter room, please transport Jacen and I to the reception.?

A male voice came over the speaker. ?Ready.?

She nodded and half-smiled. ?Energize.? As she and Jacen dissolved, she turned to him. ?Jacen, what do you think about me receiving a prosthetic??
    In ten-forward, Lusa cradled a glass of ale and looked around. Captain Picard had allowed certain Jedi up to the reception, but Lusa couldn?t figure out why she was one of them. She sensed a familiar person approaching from behind and turned to him. ?Hey, Data,? she said.

The android?s right eyebrow shot up. ?That is quite remarkable, Lusa. If I may ask, does your ability have a range limit??

She turned her equine body around to face him. ?Well, sort of. It depends on how well you know the person and how strong you are in the Force.? She shifted her weight from one foreleg to the other. ?Ah, Data. Why did Captain Picard invite me here??

Data let a chuckle escape. ?Actually, I asked him to. I remember you asking about Starfleet while I painted your picture.?

Lusa snorted. ?Data, you remember everything. Why is that special??

He t

20. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Awww ... glad that Jacen and Tenel Ka got matters between them straightened out. Besides, I don't think Worf's looking for love right now. Lusa's joining Starfleet ... awesomeness. I sincerely hope that root beer isn't the caffeinated type ... Tahiri and Caffeine don't sound like a good combo ... heck, I'd hate to see her with a sugar buzz. Looks like the Force is strong in the Milky Way, though I'm unsure if all Betazoids ought be trained ... I can think of one who I wouldn't trust not to misuse Jedi Mind Tricks. Though I doubt the folks she'd try them on would be susceptible ... they're all far from weak-minded. Sounds like Tenel Ka has a good program ... Earth? Or elsewhere? Either way, it sounds like a nice date site. Loved Riker proposing ... that was sweet. Fizzbin ... fire and rain, that's a real challenge. Glad Han got his gun back. Though I'd love to see what he'd do with a phaser.

21. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    NO! By the Force please don't. To quote Tycho "It'd be like giving a lightsaber to a toddler."

Great update Striker, I never realised Tenel Ka had a romantic streak and it's nice to see it coming out now.
    And I really loved that image of Luke flying across Ten Forward [face_laugh] "Damn green-blooded Vulcan"

22. Jaded_Girl

Aug 9, 2001
    The next two posts after this one will be somewhat shortish, but it's necessary to break them up properly.

Emotional formatting is a serious thing!

Tenel Ka let out a sigh. ?I need an escort for the reception. Will you do that for me??

AWWW! *squeals!* :p

Tenel Ka?s gray eyes drilled into him. ?What about Worf?? she asked, her voice sounding quite frosty.

If I had been Jacen here, I would have abandoned all dignity and RAN.

Data?s yellow eyes locked with her brown eyes. ?I would ask you to consider joining Starfleet, Lusa.?

Sweet! Mm. But what about Raynar? ('Course, not to be cruel, but they are sort of a beta-couple.)

It?s from Earth, right? And that?s pretty neat, too, how humans from your universe or whatever know what your home world is. Here, we?ve got no idea. Strange, isn?t it? I mean-?

It is interesting, actually. But it doesn't make

Deanna pushed Tahiri?s glass forward a bit. ?Want some more root beer, hon??

any less funny, either! :D

Leia?s mouth opened slightly and she nodded in understanding. ?There are a few.?

Whole species that are sentient? Which ones? I mean, Gotals are force-sensitivity detectors, but the impression is that their species is not actually Force sensitive. I guess the communicative abilities of the Qom Que and Qom Jha qualify, though...

Picard half-smiled. ?I?ll see to it, Councilor.? He let out a sigh. ?Although I will admit, the Enterprise will miss you while you?re training.?

But MAN, think of what you'll be getting BACK!!! *shivers with delighted anticipation*

?Computer, please load holodeck program Tenel Ka 1A.?

Was that an actual place, or just a locale that Tenel Ka cooked up?

~The door slid open, revealing a slightly surprised Riker. ?Is that going to become commonplace?? he asked, a smile on his face.
    ~Deanna sighed and walked over to him. ?Oh, Will I could always sense if it was you or not.?

Cute. I imagine Riker as the type who wouldn't mind if she could read his thoughts all the time... [face_mischief]

His hand went for his pants pocket and he pulled out a small box. ?I know you?ll probably laugh in my face, but I have to ask.? Riker went down to one knee and opened the box.

I actually gasped harder than Deanna when I read this. I now feel a bit silly. [face_blush]

[Han's] mind reeled as he struggled to remember the various rules and regulations of this, the most complicated game Han Solo had ever played. For this wasn?t poker, sabacc or any other simple game.

This was fizzbin.

OH RIKER! That is vicious evil!!!

I love how they have to have Data help keep the rules straight!

...the pile of chips-and one DL-44 blaster pistol...

[face_laugh] These men!

The scruffy-looking man shrugged, rose from his seat and extended his hand to Riker. ?Nice game, Will. I didn?t understand a damned thing that happened, but it was fun.?

[face_laugh]

~He suddenly looked askance at Spock, almost as if he was looking through him. ?Ambassador, may I perform an experiment on you??
    ~Spock?s right eyebrow shot up in curiosity. ?An experiment? Fascinating.?
    ~Luke smiled and reached out with the Force, probing Spock?s mind, reaching down into the primal areas of the Vulcan mind?
    ~Leia and Mara?s danger sense flared. Both looked up and shouted, ?Luke, don?t!? but it was too late. The Jedi Master went flying across ten forward. Both sister and wife latched onto him, braking him just before he slammed into the wall.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Good thing Luke's women-folk are on the ball! *whistles* Well, of COURSE Spock would be über-powerful... *triumphant smirk* Ooh! I wonder if his Force sensitivity was either affected or responsible for his whole "return from the dead" adventure! *excited*

UP PLEEEAAASE!!! I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!! :_|

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    The J/TK was sweetness itself. :D
    The Will/Deanna bit though... Squggles! Squggles!!!!!!! Off the chain stoked scratches the surface of THAT!!!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    Wootooness!!!!

P.S. Cool about Lusa and Deanna... nice for them to broaden their talents and explore new facets of themselves :D

24. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Tenel Ka asking Jacen to the reception... all kinds of wonderful going on there, right down to that admission of her feelings and the misunderstanding getting cleared up.

Lusa in Starfleet? Love that idea. And Deanna's sensitivity... loved that Leia was the one to do that.

Leia and Mara?s danger sense flared. Both looked up and shouted, ?Luke, don?t!? but it was too late. The Jedi Master went flying across ten forward. Both sister and wife latched onto him, braking him just before he slammed into the wall.

Luke was telekinetically lowered onto two shaky legs. He smoothed out his shirt and took several dozen calming breaths before speaking. ?Ambassador, that speech might have to wait.?

Woah...

Well done and wonderful update, Striker. :)

25. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I'm a dabbler in crossover fic myself, and one of the things I like to do when I write a crossover fic is to find some common ground between the two franchises I'm bridging and find a way to bring that out in the larger narrative of the story. I feel that, as long as I've done that, the story can be as otherwise bad in the eyes of others, so long as I feel I've accomplished what I set out to do.

One of the things I liked about this story (both this newly updated version and the original, plus the "Three New Sailor Senshi" stories, to an extent) is the way you've managed to do that with your work. The idea that the telepathic species of the Star Trek universe (Vulcans and Betazoids) are able to touch the Force is a novel idea that works for me, given the fact that it makes the concept of the Force more universally understood in the pseudo-reality of that world, rather than the fanatasy realm of the SW universe.

Knowing where this story is going (that is, if this rewrite follows the same basic narrative of the original), it'll be interesting to see what new stuff you incorporate.

(And on another note, I said to myself that I was going to leave more substantial feedback this time. Yay, me! :D )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.