main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where on your ranking of SW films does AOTC stand?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by AdamBertocci, Aug 18, 2004.

?

Where on your ranking of SW films does AOTC stand?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Favorite

19.4%
  2. Second favorite

26.0%
  3. Third favorite

15.3%
  4. Fourth favorite

22.7%
  5. Least favorite

16.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    yep - saw aotc in imax 23 times alone. then bought the tape. then bought the dvd.
    now have them all on dvd but still come back to episode II again and again. lately phantom is 2nd though.

2. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    ROTS - Will most likely be here come May. Best. Trailer. Ever.
    AOTC - Natalie was so hot in it, but the story is great too. I mean c'mon, the freakin Clone Wars.
    ESB - Love the Hoth battle and the character progression.
    ANH - Great. Fantastic. Original.
    TPM - Would be higher if it wasn't for Jake. Good opener to the biography of Darth Vader though.
    ROTJ - Han stills the show, but he can't save it.

3. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Odd. You didn't seem to complain about it last year. :p

I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

4. R2-12point

R2-12point Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    I can only think in tiers.

It's hard for me to choose between Hope, the granddaddy of all fun adventure flicks, and Empire, with its improved drama and characterization--but I know they sit on the same level, well above just about everything else in the same genre.

It's likewise hard to choose if I prefer Jedi, which still has the OT characters and was part of my youth, or Menace, which was clearly a lot of hard work and is very textured--but I know they sit on the same level, too, one level down, infected as both are with a little too much rehash and sequelitis for comfort's sake.

Clones is all alone on the last level, and I hope that Revenge does not join it there (and it probably wont, if I had to guess).

5. Sebas

Sebas Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi (ewoks and all)

Then...

4. Attack of the Clones
    5. The Phantom Menace

I'm sort of torn on the last two becuase they were both pretty much equally awful. AOTC has slightly higher regard since it was pretty much rid of Jar Jar Binks. In any event, leave it to poor screenwriting to ruin these new films...

George Lucas seems to think you actually can re-heat a soufle... so far he hasn't proved it.

"Help me ROTS, you're my only hope"

6. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Third favourite.

7. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I voted "Favorite". They're all my favorites!

Xeltek, 1981-2005 - rest in peace @};-
    /LM

8. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I only see these as one big movie. AOTC is part of the best Star Wars movie ever made.

9. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Star Wars is six, two and one.

Xeltek, 1981-2005 - rest in peace @};-
    /LM

10. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    1. ROTJ
    2. ESB(just an inch behind ROTJ because I just love the redemption so much!)
    3. AOTC
    4. ANH
    5. TPM

But ROTS is gonna change everything! It will be at LEAST #2

11. Darth-Gat

Darth-Gat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2001
    This is how I rank the films.

1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. ROTJ
    4. AOTC
    5. TPM

Remember, this is how I rank the films. I know some people hate the Ewoks from ROTJ, but in my opinion they where far better than the love story from AOTC.

There is some I notice about the poll, there is no 5th option for ranking AOTC!!

12. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    1. Return of the Jedi

2. Attack of the Clones

3. The Empire Strikes Back

4. The Phantom Menace

5. A New Hope

13. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    1- ESB
    2- ANH
    3- ROTJ
    4- AOTC/TPM (tied)

I used to rate TPM last, but Darth Maul and Qui-Gon are just too cool. IMO, AOTC is still the better film, though.

14. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    all will be revealed after RotS. and prequels will rank higher

everywhere

15. Darth-Gat

Darth-Gat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2001
    Just notice the fifth choice, so voted for the wrong one! Fourth best Star Wars chapter would be 1 more vote up, and worst film would be 1 less.

This is how I would mark each films out of 10.

1) ESB 9.8/10 Nothing can be perfect, but has dropped to 9.5/10 with the new Iam McDiarmid scene and Boba Fett voice being changed as well! It still has the 2nd best lightsabre duels and Yoda is just great in it.

2) ANH 9.5/10 would of got 9.9/10 but with budget and special effects limitations, if GL had the technology he has today, maybe he could of done something with the Obi-Wan and Vader lightsabre duel, but don't touch it now GL. Let us not forget GL tinkering did drop the mark to 9.0/10, but sorting out Jabba the Hutt scene, has raised the mark again to 9.2/10. Only putting back the original Greedo scene would raise the mark back up again.

3) ROTJ 8.0/10 It is a great film, but this is where GL turned the Star Wars films into Kids films with Ewoks. Now if GL changed the Death Star to something different and changed the Ewoks to something else as well, it would of been a much been film. Second Death Star was in the orginal screenplay and there was Wookies instead of Ewoks, so it was laziness and Special Effects and technology limitations which resulted in the films we see today.

4) AOTC 7.0/10 It started of great, loved the Obi-Wan story, going off to Kamino, the fight between Obi-Wan and Jango Fett. The love story could of been done a lot better, Hayden acting abilities are lacking. The nail in AOTC coffin, which made it worst then the Ewoks, lightsabre duel at the end. Obi-wan and Anakin where too easy defeated by Count Dooku, then there is the Yoda and Count Dooku duel. The best comdey scene in years, it beat "American Pie" and "There's something about Mary" for laughs, but that the problem, it wasn't meant to be funny!

5) TPM 5.5 Too many faults to say, to me the reason the film had so many problems, GL had edited the film too much. TPM just jumped about too much, you were wondering why were these character doing that and what was going on!! The only thing, that saved the film for me was the lightsabre duel between Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul. When the DVD came out and GL had added in more of the Pod race, that improved the film, but in my book there are a couple of more things GL needs to re-add into film to get it back up with the OT!!

I am hoping GL has learnt his lessons from TPM, when it comes to writing screenplays. It took him 5 years to write the screenplay for ANH. Also with ANH, GL had the back stroies from what has become the PT, I don't know if he done backstories for TPM?? This is why I am hoping he learnt his lessons from TPM, because he has written the screenplay for ROTS by himself. No Jonathan Hales, this time, so the dialogue could be as bad as TPM again!!! The lightsabre duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan, fingers crossed they have learnt their lesson from AOTC, I been waiting to see this duel, ever since they announced the PT. NO PRESSURE!!! ROTS to justify itself, it got to be better then ROTJ at least.

16. StarWarsFanBoy

StarWarsFanBoy Jedi Master star 1

Dec 29, 2004
    his my list

1.TESB
    2.ROTJ
    3.ANH
    4.ROTS(i know it will be up there)
    5.)TPM/AOTC

i place them both at number 5 because nither one by them self is really good but both have parts that i really enjoyed and so there ranked 5th.

17. ObiWanCon

ObiWanCon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2004
    1. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    3. Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
    4. Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    5. Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Revenge of the Sith will be number 1 after May 19th.

18. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Fourth favorite.

AOTC barely beats TPM as my fourth favorite. Both are way behind the original trilogy.

1. ANH
    2. ESB
    3. ROTJ
    4. AOTC
    5. TPM

I still have hope for ROTS. Maybe it'll be my new fourth favorite.

19. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    It is my second favourite, but I like it as much as I like ANH, so my ranking would be like this:

Return of the Jedi
    Attack of the Clones & A new hope
    The Empire strikes back
    The phantom menace

20. tyketto

tyketto Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2005
    Either second or third. ESB is easily my favorite, but ANH holds a special place so that's probably second. However, I think AOTC was outstanding and can still feel the excitement I felt as that one ended. So really it can go either way. I have high expectations for Sith... so that can change.

After that it would be ROTJ and then TPM.

21. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. ROTJ
    4. AOTC
    5. TPM

I use to have AOTC and ROTJ reversed, but after the
    OT came out on DVD and I could really sit down and
    compare the two, 'Jedi' nudged past 'Clones' again.

22. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    1. ESB
    2. RotJ
    3. AOTC
    4. ANH
    5. TPM

I expect Revenge to top my list. (BTW, my list may be different than other times I have posted it because my opinions have changed.)

23. tee4jc85

tee4jc85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    1. AOTC (HANDS DOWN)

2. ESB (this and ROTJ fluctuate in their standings almost on a daily basis...mostly because the ending for ROTJ was so frickin weak and the scene before Han gets frozen in ESB where Leia just STARES at Vader before Chewy pulls her back, is so allusive and so AWESOME)

3. ROTJ

4. TPM (who ever puts this LAST is crazy. this is practically on par with ESB and ROTJ to me. it has the most BAD ASS duel at the end, and Qui-Gon is the most kickin' Jedi to be introduced in the saga...its main downfalls are giving Jar Jar to much screen time, and having that pod race be WAAAYYY to long)

5. ANH (I can't get over how bad that control rooms looks in the death star and how when Obi-Wan tells luke to 'use the force', his ship is bouncing around so much it looks like he is riding a pony instead of flying a ship)

24. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
  25. DJ_RMC

DJ_RMC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    This is how my order goes

Empire Strikes Back
    Return of the Jedi
    A New Hope
    Attack of the Clones
    The Phantom Menace