Where on your ranking of SW films does AOTC stand?

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by AdamBertocci, Aug 18, 2004.

?

Where on your ranking of SW films does AOTC stand?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
Favorite 47 vote(s) 19.4%
Second favorite 63 vote(s) 26.0%
Third favorite 37 vote(s) 15.3%
Fourth favorite 55 vote(s) 22.7%
Least favorite 40 vote(s) 16.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I would say Attack of the Clones because I liked Jango Fett and Count Dooku. I thought they where much better Villians then Darth Maul. Thou Nute Gunray did do good in Attack of the Clones.

EDIT: I also liked learning what Slave 1 was Capable of doing. I loved the Astroid chase Scene when Jango set out a Bomb the inpact Explioded "Silence" Then "BOOOOOOOOOOM." That has one of the Tightest stuff I ever seen in Star Wars.
  2. JediHPDrummer Jedi Master

star 3
    1. ROTS(Probably)
    2. AOTC
    3. ESB
    4. TPM
    5. ANH
    6. ROTJ

However, I Love all of them very much. I just prefer some over others.
  3. Obi_Frans Jedi Master

star 4
    Second only to ESB

Half a year later, the dvd's have arrived, watched them back to back etc etc.

And AotC is now my #1.

- O_F
  4. General_Dodonna Jedi Knight

star 2
    1. The Empire Strikes Back - As far as motion pictures go, this has to be the best film of the entire saga. It is filled with the best acting performances of any of the films (including the Prequels), a tight script, improved special effects, and a great continuation of the Star Wars saga. For dramatic tension and character development, none of the films can beat Empire.

2. A New Hope - The opening saga wins simply because it's a wonderful movie. It may be the least explanatory of any of the Star Wars films, which may push it down the list in the minds of many fans (as well as it's now-antiquated special effects). However, as a sheer adrenaline rush, A New Hope cannot be beat. It's full of wonderful characters, cheesy (but quotable) dialogue, and wonderful moving pictures.

3. Return of the Jedi - I have a feeling that this film will shoot up on many people's lists after Revenge of the Sith opens. The reason I say that is because after Anakin's story is through developing, the redemption sequence in Jedi will become a much more powerful ending to the saga. Yes, some fans are annoyed with the ewoks, while others feel Jedi jumps around too much. These criticisms may all have some truth to them, but it is the redemption of Darth Vader that makes Return of the Jedi so great.

4. The Phantom Menace - I just re-watched menace last weekend for the first time since I saw it in theaters in 1999. I left the theaters disappointed then, but I really enjoyed Menace this time around. The reason? It was a fun film experience. Sure, the dialogue left much to be desired, the Yoda puppet was horrendous, and so much more could have been done to develop Anakin's story (especially his relationship with Obi Wan). But Menace also gave us a wonderfully realized character in Qui Gon Jin, a fantastically choreographed fight sequence, and a marvelous score.

5. Attack of the Clones - I don't hate Attack of the Clones (another film that, like Menace, I just watched recently for the first time since I first saw it in theaters), in fact, I like it a lot. However, it does have some serious problems. I agree that Hayden's acting isn't wonderful (although I think he's matured as an actor since then), but the love scenes made Natalie Portman (an accomplished actress) look bad, so most of it can't be Hayden's fault. No, my main problem with Clones is it's rather weak continuation of the Anakin story. There were definite glimpses into the man who would become Darth Vader, but I thought those glimpses were poorly realized, and meant that Lucas had a lot of ground to cover in the final installment. Ewan McGregor did a wonderful acting job in this one though, even with the shoddy script.

To sum, I love all the Star Wars films, but some of the newer films have left a lot to be desired. They leave me empty in a way the original films don't. However, I'm very much looking forward to Revenge of the Sith, and I really hope that on repeated viewings, my appreciation for the prequal films will increase.
  5. Jar_Jar_Bling Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmmmm...I love AOTC, I really do think it has some outstanding moments. But, I have to say it's tied for third with ANH for me.

ESB
    ROTJ
    ANH/AOTC
    TPM

:-B
  6. Cloned_Sidious Jedi Grand Master

star 8
  7. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Least favorite for me. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the film, I still like it, it just has some bad moments(the love story really turns me off).

Anyway, here's my list:

1) ESB
    2) ROTJ
    3) ANH
    4) TPM
    5) AOTC
  8. Medical-Droid Jedi Knight

star 2
  9. SanJoseShark Jedi Padawan

10. starwarsbeauty Force Ghost

star 4
    1.AOTC
    2.ROTJ
    3.TPM
    4.ESB
    5.ANH
    AOTC is definetly the best so far!I am expecting ROTJ to be REALLY good!I mean in all the other movies they don't have Hayden!They are all really good though!
  11. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    1. aotc
    2. tpm
    3. esb
    4. anh
    5. rotj

isn't this the 10th thread with the same topic?
  12. green-boy Jedi Master

star 4
    1. ROTS (I know this already ;) )
    2. ESB
    3. AOTC
    4. ANH
    5. TMP
    6. ROTJ
  13. Matt-trooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Easily 2nd after esb(ROTS not included)
  14. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    isn't this the 10th thread with the same topic?

This is the official one. All the others are fake.

AOTC is an awesome movie
    /LM
  15. rpeugh Force Ghost

star 4
    1. TESB
    2. AOTC
    3. ANH
    4. TPM
    5. ROTJ

What I think I will rank them after ROTS comes out:

1. ROTS
    2. TESB
    3. AOTC
    4. ANH
    5. TPM
    6. ROTJ

AOTC is my second favorite SW movie despite its horrible editing and its flawed recycling of TPM music, not to mention a very bad decision in deleting Padme's parents' scene.

But you have terrific acting, a terrific performance by Hayden Christensen, a terrific courtly love story from the middle ages, and a masterful myth that demonstrates the ambiguity between good and evil. Not to mention John Williams' greatest theme ever: Across the Stars. You also have a great but very different villain masterfully played by Christopher Lee. I cant imagine how much better it would be if you had a different editor and had more new music and kept the parents scene in. Not to mention adding more droids and dead Jedi bodies in the arena. TESB would win only because of seniority rule.
  16. Alhon Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's mine:
    1. ESB
    2. ANH
    3. ROTJ
    4. TPM
    5. AOTC

I'm afraid to place ROTS yet, because although it looks like the best prequel movie yet, they said that AOTC would be "the darkest..."

This from a movie that was once called, "Jar Jar's Big Adventure?!"
  17. Captain_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    Right now it's third, though I expect ROTS will takes its place.

1. ROTJ
    2. ESB
    3. AOTC
    4. ANH
    5. TPM
  18. ANAKINSKYWEEZER Force Ghost

star 3
    Let's see:

1. ESB or ROTS
    2. AOTC
    3. TPM
    4. ROTJ
    5. ANH
  19. rpeugh Force Ghost

star 4
    >>>>>>>>>>>>I'm afraid to place ROTS yet, because although it looks like the best prequel movie yet, they said that AOTC would be "the darkest..." <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

When discussing the darkness of these movies, one needs to realize that the PT as a whole is darker than the OT. But the idea that AOTC by itself was going to be a dark movie was generated by the fans and the media. They assumed it would be dark just because it was the second act in the trilogy, and TESB was the second act of the OT, and it had been the darkest SW movie yet. But GL never said that AOTC was going to be dark. In fact, he specifically denied that it was going to be dark. However, it was supposed to be darker than TPM. And it was, atleast the second half of it. Ofcourse, in some ways TPM is incredibally dark. What other SW movie has the main villain smiling in the final shot?
  20. jedi_miroslav Jedi Padawan

it's my favorite:

zee list:

AoTC
    ESB
    ANH
    TPM
    RoTJ

this might change once Sith comes out...but the more I think about it, the more I love it.
  21. Happy Ninja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Fourth favourite.

When it came out, I thought third favourite, but ever since the OT DVD's came out, I re-found the respect I had for ROTJ, so it got pushed down to fourth in my books. That said, I still love it...It's got some great moments!
  22. leelee Jedi Knight

star 3
    wow captain fett, thats my order too, and we even have the same icon, heh. but I'm sure Rots will be at least be 2nd
  23. J-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Fourth place, of course.

Oh, and last too...that menace thing doesn't even count.
  24. sithscotti Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I watched it again tonight, Some movie like TPM lose its repeat value. I just love Aotc. It is my favorite with film to go. So at the very worst it will be number 2,
  25. jade_saber8000 Jedi Knight

star 3
    1. ESB
    2.ROTJ
    3.ANH
    4.Menace
    5.AOTC
    AOTC sucked in my book. the actors who played anakin and padme sucked. they hardly appeared to know what they were doing. i mean, i got nothing against natalie portman, but she can do better. I just don't like it. IT was boring.
    ~gabs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.