main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Where Once a Man Stood - baby Obi-Wan (new Obi viggie added) also Stolen Moments - angst

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Title: Stolen Moments
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Genre: angst
    Era: Pre-TPM by about a year
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Rating: PG-13

What if Obi-Wan had fallen in love but remained faithful to the Jedi order in the end?

Stolen Moments

He held her in his arms; it was a stolen moment he knew. But still, he couldn?t help but lose himself in her warm embrace. Obi-Wan looked at her, sleeping so quietly as if afraid she would alert the galaxy to their happiness. She barely stirred, her breath softly blowing her dark hair and her lashes shielding her deep blue eyes. He sighed as he thought of the commitments which would soon pull him from her side. Right now he wanted nothing more than to lay here beside her and listen to her breathe and feel the warmth of her skin next to his.

This was not his destiny, that was clear to him. For him it would not be the comfort of hearth and home, the soft warmth of a woman to hold him at night. But for now, for these last few stolen moments, she was his and he was hers. Together, bonded by their hearts and their flesh. She stirred slightly in his embrace and her eyes opened and he found himself looking into seas rich with love and understanding. She understood, and held no grudge against him for it. She accepted this time for what it was, paradise stolen from the galaxy at large. Happiness ransomed by future heartache. It was enough, it had to be, for it was all they had.

He felt that Qui-Gon would understand his momentary weakness. But Obi-Wan wasn?t sure if he would ever speak of her, this beautiful woman he held in his arms. He stroked her hair, marveling at its ebony softness. It was so black that in some lights it shone blue. But her eyes were what had drawn him to her that very first time. They were luminous enticements that led the way; they led him to her, to this moment and her arms.

He looked at her and his lips found their way to hers without thought. Softly he kissed her, rejoicing in the natural way their lips fit together. He felt her hand reach up and grasp his braid, that symbol of what would keep him from her. She used that barrier to bring him closer, to deepen their kiss and tell him that she understood and loved him anyway. His hand caressed her face, trying to memorize every single feature. The curve of her jaw, the arch of her dark brows, the line of her nose, and the absolute perfection of her mouth. That mouth that felt so right when touched to his, the lips that he would remember until the day he died and became one with the Force. The very same Force which had given him this fleeting gift of momentary bliss.

He felt the physical ache begin in his chest as he contemplated these last few hours together. Once he left her side, he had no way of ever knowing if he would even see her again. Her blue eyes would be a memory, one that would haunt and comfort by turns. Yet if he had to do it all over again he could make no other choice, take no different road. For this road had taken him to her and these stolen hours. This memory would have to sustain him as he strode upon his solitary path.

But as he went into his future, remaining on his path by choice, he knew that he merely had to look over his shoulder and he would see her standing there. A ghost of what might have been and what was, if only for a while. He would smile at her and turn to go on his way once more. Never forgetting the small figure that stood in his past and keeping in his heart the memory of what they had shared. Having loved her would make him a better man, a better Jedi for having known what the entire galaxy seems to seek.

He let himself love her for a while more, let his heart be revealed in all it imperfect glory. And their souls twined about each other, forever bound by these stolen moments and a love that would be tucked away in bittersweet memories. And when it was time to leave he looked at her one more time, making a vision to warm him in the long cold nights ahead, the long and empty years before him. Obi-Wan turned aro

2. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    nicely done. Talk about heartwrenching dedication. Loved it!!

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Holy heartbreak, Batman! The things you put him through! :D

Lovely job exploring duty and love. What kind of choice is that? Wonderful work!

Shaindl

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Excellent work! Loved the inner turmoil of Obi! Love! Yippee! :D And his dedication to the Order, juz great! :D

5. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    That was incredible, and soo sensual. I'm near speechless.

6. 1-Ani-Obi-luvr

1-Ani-Obi-luvr Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    Tear!! Poor Bobi-Wan! And I do mean Bobi-Wan, as in baby Obi. Another fabulous job.

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_plain] I'm sorry. I just can't seem to get past the whole grabbing his braid and pulling him closer line. [face_love]

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was lovely. I kept putting myself in his arms (but that's my problem...LOL). I liked his musing of duty versus love and his realization that he would choose duty.

Good job.

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm on an Obi-Wan kick, so I just thought I would combine them in one thread. Not sure when more viggies will be added but they will go here. All mush and angst, I'm in that kind of mood...

Where Once a Man Stood

?It?s a boy!? the midwife announced as she held my newborn son up for my inspection. He was beautiful and crying to let me know he was here. I looked down at my wife and saw happy tears rolling down her face. We had waited a long time for this little one, you see, a long time indeed. But now he was here and he was healthy and we were finally a family. And with his birth, my life gained a new era. Now my life could be divided into the time before I became a father and the time after.

I took him into my arms and looked into his deep blue eyes. They were alert, far more alert than one would have expected from a baby less than a minute old. He looked into my eyes and seemed content to be in my arms. And so my son and I got to know each other and we both found the other perfect. I was a father and he was my son and we each knew we would do our best to fulfill the promises inherent in those words.

My wife whispered to me, ?He needs a name Korbin.?

?So he does,? I answered. Somehow we had never been able to decide on a name for him while she carried him in her womb. Superstitious I guess, afraid that this little one would not live to see the light of day. We feared that he would die like the brothers and sister who came before. Those children who never got to make that first triumphant cry announcing their own arrival. I pondered the little one in my arms and wondered what name would do justice to such a miracle. ?He shall be Obi-Wan,? and he smiled up at me as if in approval. Obi-Wan it would be.

I handed the newly named Obi-Wan Kenobi to his mother and she fell in love with him as easily as I had. Soon we settled into new routines, joyfully surrendering sleep to be with our son. Everyone admired him, noting how intelligent he seemed, how aware of the world around him. He was a delight, seldom crying and happy most of the time. He was only upset if we were troubled by something, or so it seemed. And our troubles did not leave us with his birth to be sure. Money troubles always seemed to find us easily and they hunted us like the most diligent predator. But still we were happy, we had each other and we had Obi-Wan, so what could truly trouble us?

Our village was troubled as well, and petty wars raged among our people. And then that terrible day came, the one that separated my life once more into different eras. War is a terrible and costly thing, but the thing it eats up the most voraciously and with the most delight is life. Lives lost that cannot be found again, homes ripped apart and hearts pierced by agony that knows no limits. And so it was that war visited our home and took as its price my wife, my beloved Annakah. Obi-Wan was only six months old when his mother was stolen from him. He would not remember her bright red hair or her sparkling blue eyes, but I could remember them by looking at him. She was not truly gone if I had him beside me.

A Jedi finally came to help us end the wars, but wars are not the only thing that tears apart families. He took great interest in my little Obi-Wan, I caught him staring at my son often, and he seemed conflicted whenever he had to talk to me. It took him weeks to build up his courage to speak to me on that matter which preoccupied him. Often I wish he would have remained without courage or resolve and left us as we were. But he did find the courage and left me with an agonizing choice. I had nothing to offer my son but my love. His mother was dead, we had no other family and wars still threatened our village. The Jedi could not stay forever and his negotiations for a truce had reached a tenuous agreement at best. But he told me what I already knew, Obi-Wan was special.

Even I had not known how special he was, but the Jedi knew. He told me my son could be a great and powerful Jedi one day. I could off

10. Opal

Opal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Again, I'm in awe. You certainly have a knack for the angsty stuff. I hope to more of it from you.

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Whoa. I really was blown away by Where Once a Man Stood. I like the idea that Obi-Wan was willingly given up, and not taken away like the books seem to imply. Wow.

12. VaderHomeBoy

VaderHomeBoy Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2004
    The story was really good. I wish i could write like that.

13. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Beautiful, as I'm always coming to expect from you. That may just be how one can measure love - not what you can give a person, but rather what you're willing to give up.

Looking forward to more.

Shaindl

14. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Between the angst of the son, and the angst of the parents, I'll consider myself impressed. I heartily enjoyed both stories. :)

15. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh wow. Most impressive. I don't usually read Obi-Wan fics that often but that was VERY well done. I could just sense the woman's emotions as she handed her baby over to the Jedi. Every mother worries about how to best raise her child. Sometimes the best gift you can give them is to let someone else raise them. Nicely done.

16. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    I loved these! I never really thought about Obi-Wan's parents. How sad to think it might have happened that way.

And Stolen Moments was just beautiful, very sensual. Not too hard to make Obi-Wan sensual, LOL!

Great work.

17. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    He let himself love her for a while more, let his heart be revealed in all it imperfect glory. And their souls twined about each other, forever bound by these stolen moments and a love that would be tucked away in bittersweet memories. And when it was time to leave he looked at her one more time, making a vision to warm him in the long cold nights ahead, the long and empty years before him. Obi-Wan turned around, his lips still curved in a smile as he thought of his love, his secret and forbidden love. And then he began walking upon his intended path, his destiny still sure, his love behind him and waiting for him to look over his shoulder once more.

Loved this picture of Obi-Wan staying true to the Jedi.

I took him into my arms and looked into his deep blue eyes. They were alert, far more alert than one would have expected from a baby less than a minute old. He looked into my eyes and seemed content to be in my arms. And so my son and I got to know each other and we both found the other perfect. I was a father and he was my son and we each knew we would do our best to fulfill the promises inherent in those words.

Very nice explanation of Obi-Wan's origins! Great work, I'm not sure how I missed these before.

18. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Lovely. I loved that you were able to capture the love of a father for his son and the musings about having to give him up for a better life. Wonderful.

19. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    I checked this one out after enjoying the Qui-Gon vigs. Great work. The first one shows Obi-Wan sticking to duty, as I think he would. The second one was a great peek into what could have brought Obi-Wan to the Temple.

?So he does,? I answered. Somehow we had never been able to decide on a name for him while she carried him in her womb. Superstitious I guess, afraid that this little one would not live to see the light of day. We feared that he would die like the brothers and sister who came before. Those children who never got to make that first triumphant cry announcing their own arrival. I pondered the little one in my arms and wondered what name would do justice to such a miracle. ?He shall be Obi-Wan,? and he smiled up at me as if in approval. Obi-Wan it would be.

Nice stuff!

20. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    niice. Both of em. once again, you've writen something great, vaderlvr

21. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    We had waited a long time for this little one, you see, a long time indeed. But now he was here and he was healthy and we were finally a family. And with his birth, my life gained a new era. Now my life could be divided into the time before I became a father and the time after.

Really nice stuff! I'm checking out some works from bios and I liked this one a lot!

22. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    What can I say that's not already been said? Wonderful...really wonderful! :) :) :)

23. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    These are absolutely wonderful. I've always wondered at how heartbreaking it must be for the parents to give up their child to an uncertain future. It's truly beautifully done. The emotions are so clear and so...human. Great work.

24. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Amazing as always. That was so sad and lovely and...where's the rest of it? I feel like there should be more or something. :(

Lovely.

25. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    I really liked these--very good job! Lots of emotion & vividness!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.