main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where?s the SW Super Weapon at!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by TheExecutor, May 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Where?s my SW Super Weapon Mom, I know I left here some were! Got to find them all you know! What?s the latest and Greatest Weapon you?re pulling out of your pocket! No, not that that one, Silly!

Ok so there I was one morning thinking; all or most every SW movie, book, RPG, video game et cetera, has a Super Weapon! I thought I should compile a list because it?s that time of the year to find out who is on the dark side or light side. Here is my list so far: I failed to put them in any particular order.

I posted this at my local Fan force Bulletin Board but no one could give me any good super weapons so in the hopes I can make a resource for my RPG can my fellow SW gamers help!

This is the list so far, anyone have any more Super Weapons or in general any weapon of mass destruction? I know there is more out there how about it?

1) The Death Star 1 & 2 (Movies)
    2) The Sun Crusher (Books)
    3) The Eye of Palpatine (Books)
    4) The Ssri-ruk internment Chair (Books)
    5) Vong Bio Weapons in general (Books)
    6) Super Star Destroyers (Books & Movies & Comics)
    A) The Eclipse Class Star Destroyers (Comic)
    7) The World Devastators (Comic)
    8) The Galaxy Gun (Comic)
    9) Center point Station (Books)
    10) Dark saber

2. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Death Stars are dealt with in the WEG DeathStar Technical Companion--they get their own book.

Sun Crusher is in the JediTrilogy Companion Book.

World Devastators are in the Dark Empire book.

Now, if you're looking for d20 conversions... Well, I can't help you. Good luck.

You know, you can pretty much make up your own superweapon, and give it whatever stats you want. Stuck for originality on short notice? Steal from anime. THe Wave Motion Gun from Starblazers or the Main Gun on Macross. How about the overloading omni-directional barrier?. The ships from Tenchi Muyo or Irresponsible Captain Tyler... It's all open territory.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah.

Most of the super weapons are covered in WEG; WOTC intentionally went away from the superweapons.

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    WOTC intentionally went away from the superweapons.

Any speculation as to why?

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    They probably consider them to be just plot devices.

I certainly agree with that point of view. The Death Star is the Lady of Pain of SWRPG. [face_devil]

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Any speculation as to why?

They kind of explain it in the Rebellion Era Sourcebook, which is that the superweapons are BIG THINGS and not to be trifled with (except in the abstract) and that the party heroes may intereact tangentially with them, but the Heroes (Luke, Han, Leia, etc.) are the ones that deal with it.

7. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    Please everyone do not misunderstand what I am asking, I want to start a list of Super Weapons or in general any weapon of mass destruction. I am not looking for stats or info on any weapons listed above! I just want to Compile a list!

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This is not the place for that. Try Lit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.