main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Where Science Meets Imagination OMSI Exhibit

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    It might be 6 months away (Oct-Dec '06), but I think should all make an effort to attend this one of a kind event. We could plan a BIG meeting, get costumed up and have fun. This is plenty of time in advance to plan for this so let's do it.

2. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    And I have an OMSI pass [face_dancing]

3. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    It would be cool to see if we could do something with DST, Rebel Legion, and other local groups for this.

4. Ayn

Ayn Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Cool, I had heard about this awhile back and since forgotten about it again. Maybe I should make this event the deadline for us to have costumes for. I moved to Portland in October 2004 and STILL have not yet been to OMSI.

5. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    There is a article about this exhibit on theforce.net main page. I can't wait for OCT to get here. Lots of really cool SW stuff and hands on material. I'm going to get the companion book so I'll have an insight into the exhibit, and add something else to my ever growing SW collection.

6. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    The Exhibit is in Ohio now, and is having a midnight opening with lots of festivities planned as well as celebrity guests. Need to find out how we can get in on the action as OFF, or in costume with DST or some other costuming group. I got the companion book. It's really cool as it depicts Star Wars/scifi material to real world applications.

7. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I can't say much right now, but if you get your costume "up to code" for Rebel Legion standards, you can join and almost definitely troop the "big event". I'm still working on this and will have more information (hopefully) soon.

As far as organizing something for the Oregon Fan Force, I say we should all go down as one big group on a weekend.

-Kyle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.