main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where should I start...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by PsionicMonk, Jul 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsionicMonk

PsionicMonk Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2001
    I'm a Star Wars: CCG newbie, and I'm curious at where to start.

I know how to play it; I've played a little bit with some of my friends, but I've never had a deck of my own.

So I'm wondering what I should do if I want to start playing it.

Any help here?

2. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    This is just me, but i'd recommend getting the Death Star 2 preconstructed decks. The light side and dark side are pretty evenly matched ( some may argue ). And then play them a fair bit to get the rules fuuly in your brain(s). And then after that, if you are in it for the fun value, read about what cards are in each set and then go get some of the set that you like best.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    And while your at it, pick up some packs of Reflections or Reflections 2, which will give you a good selection of cards from various sets to modify your decks with.

4. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    I second both of those mostions. The Reflections aets are epecially good because if you pull a good foil you will be able to trade it for some stuff you need.

5. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    I agree with Death Star II starter decks being the best place to start. They are the best SW starter decks to date, IMO. Reflections I & II boosters are nice for beginners in that you get a variety from different sets ... and foils are nice. (Ooooh, shiny!)

But after the starter decks another good place to go is the Enhanced packs. A Luke or Vader with Lightsaber card can go a long way to making your decks competitive. Any of the enhanced packs are good for a beginner, since you need the booster packs anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.