main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where should the Star Wars game franchise go next?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Timstuff, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xYodaUnleashedx

xYodaUnleashedx Jedi Knight

Jun 26, 2008
    I definitely think KOTOR and Battlefront need further installments of course and some sort of sequel to the Force Unleashed would be brilliant but I think Republic commando had a lot to offer if only it had been longer and more focused on using the Delta's specific abilities more. Plus the multiplayer could have been better and overall I think a Republic Commando 2 set at the time of Order 66 and post Episode 3 would be brilliant. It would be great if you could even allow for alternative storyline's decided in the first mission by choosing whether to take out the jedi you've been ordered to eliminate and continue serving the empire or disobey your orders and be on the run from the very order you swore to protect.

However a game which does justice to Boba Fett and allows you to just be a bounty hunter would be so awesome especially GTA style only around the universe (obviously limited planets). A Han Solo game has potential as does a Luke Skywalker one but we all know practically everyone loves to play as the baddies more and anti-heroes are even better.

2. xYodaUnleashedx

Jun 26, 2008
    It soon will be, http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/912/912710p1.html

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Who needs another crappy Battlefront? Seriously? The mere mention that the series would replace the combat flight sim of the X-Wing series was enough reason for me to go into the LucasArts offices and blow some idiots away a la GTA.

No, no and a thousand times NO!

4. yipeekayyay

yipeekayyay Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2007
    Where should the Star Wars game franchise go next?

In the opposite direction. Has anyone else wasted a recent sixty bucks on LA's latest? Starkiller being the true unforeseen leader of the Rebellion my ***.

I'd sell it back to the store if they gave me a full refund, or if I could exchange it for another product of the same price (SCIV for example), but alas. BlockBuster should have been my first choice.

Still, it's a solid game, and refreshes the long-missing character the PT lacked. For six hours.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I got mine for free, since I traded in a bunch of old games that I don't play anymore. I like the game even though some of the plot is a little odd.

6. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    I love the idea of a Darth Vader game. I know I've said this in other threads, but I'll repeat it again here:

The story would involve Darth Vader (taking place between episodes III and IV), and Palpatine is trying to train him in the dark side by actually trying to kill him (it's been hinted at in the EU that Sith masters train their apprentices by placing them in very low-odd situations that could very likely kill them). So he makes Vader hunt down a Jedi who escaped Order 66 hiding out in a very large crypt of a Sith who has been dead for a long time, and of course Palpatine purposely somehow re-awakens the dead Sith master along with his army of dead dark Jedi. So Vader is pretty much alone in a scary and dark crypt fighting against zombie dark Jedi, ghosts of dark Jedi, Sithspawn and lots of other creepy monsters unleashed from Chaos (the Star Wars version of hell). Maybe this would somehow explain where those demonic moans and sounds were coming from in Revenge of the Sith right after Mace Windu died and Darth Sidious was giving Anakin the name of "Darth Vader".

I heard that one of the original ideas for The Force Unleashed was to make it a survival-horror type of game. I like TFU a lot, but the idea of a survival-horror Star Wars game fascinates me. Maybe if they did it like this, it just might work.

7. Unit-Zero

Unit-Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2004
    [emphasis mine]

Clearly someone has never played Lego Star Wars...

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
  9. HemDazon90

HemDazon90 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2008
    far cry 2 + star wars original trilogy era = epic win

10. xYodaUnleashedx

Jun 26, 2008
    Or Battlefront 2, Episode 3 the game and Star Wars: The Clone Wars the game, all of which allow the player to take control of Yoda, though the latter and former were limited.

11. sith_hunter117

sith_hunter117 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2008
    Im not sure that LA will make a new X-Wing/Tie Fighter game. And if they do, then they'll just ruin it. I'll only buy it if it's made by the same people who made XWA.

12. Trombles

Trombles Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2008
    An idea that just occured to me...

A one player open RPG in the style of The Elder Scrolls series only slightly more focused with a central main plot and many side missions. A style similar to KotOR and Jade Empire (I love Bioware!)

This one taking place in the SW Galaxy and the main character being ...

wait for it...

Qui-gon Jinn.

One of, if not the coolest Jedi Master and terrible underdeveloped.

Qui-gon had such a rich story to tell and we only get to see the end of it in films.

You could attract followers like in Jade Empire and KotOR; Obi-wan, Jar-Jar, Anakin... any other character for a time. Dooku if it takes place early enough, Sipho Dias...

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    ...the Shaman of the Whills...[face_whistling]

14. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    Yeah, I've been wanting a Mara Jade game that went Splinter Cell for a long time now. How about it? Using the Force to create distractions, ala Obi Wan on the Death Star. Mara's personality conflicting with just how dark the Empire can go (think putting her in the position Sam was when he was to shoot Dahlia Tal). Or just give us her fighting Vader like everyone else does.

15. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'd still kill for a new and improced X-Wing/TIE simulator. Yes, I know some of the history, and that it'll probably never happen :mad: . But if they did make it, I'd buy it in an instant --and take a week off from work just to play it. Add in multiplayer with wings of fighers involved, and it could absolutely rock --much more than BFII. But it needs to be a simulator, not an arcade game! (And I love playing BF and BFII, but they suck compared to what this could be!!!)

With the graphics a modern computer can do, plus a good HOTAS and rudder, it would be fantastic.

Too bad the folks at Lucas Arts are terminally clueless. :rolleyes:

I don't care about EU this or EU that, or anything else --I just miss the days of flying around, blowing **** up in a X-Wing, A-Wing or TIE Interceptor. And that was on old Pentium I computers and whatnot --old skool. If we could have it 10-15 years ago, why not now?!?!?!?!? It was fun, and realistic enough back then. Now it would be like living in the cockpit, flying for real. :D

16. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Shaman of the Whills game = watching the movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.