main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Where the Broken Ends Meet (Xan, Obi, Ani, Luke) Author's Adios

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeSolo, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Thanks for clicking!!! :D

NOTE: This story will not be finished.

I had this plot bunny come to me while driving the Pacific Coast Highway and I couldn't resist. It may be confusing in the beginning, but believe me, it'll make sense sometime! ;)

And here we go again...

_PSK_

2. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    The universe was in a natural state of rest. The dawn had not yet occurred on the planet at the center of a certain galaxy and further out, the sun of another planet had not yet set. Everything was going to plan, as much as any universe has a plan. The speeders on Coruscant sped swiftly past the Jedi Temple. Inside, Xanatos deCrion sat serenely at his window. The lights from the passing crafts shone brightly in the window illuminating his captivating blue eyes. His hair had grown out slightly from his original Padawan cut, but the fifteen year-old seemed a relatively normal sight for the Jedi Temple. His master, Qui-Gon Jinn was still sleeping.

Xanatos was sure he knew of his night vigils at the window looking out in the dark abyss, but his master seemed to pay the issue no mind. Xanatos was not one to immediately argue with a predicament that he rather liked, so he was content to stay silent and not bring up his nightly visits to the windows. If Qui-Gon had noticed something wrong, he would have commented. The darkly handsome boy sighed to himself and turned silently away from the black opening in the wall. He purposefully marched into the kitchen and began organizing objects needed for breakfast.

In another place entirely, Luke Skywalker studied the dunes of the sandy nightmare in front of him. The vaporators in the north field were working fine. He didn't understand why Uncle Owen insisted on checking them daily. And why did Luke have to do it? He knew his good friends were waiting for him at the Tashi Station, but he had a feeling that he wouldn't be able to make it tonight. Breu had said something about a special dinner and his uncle was already annoyed with him for ditching his duties on the moisture farm the day before.

The boy sighed; in his fifteen years of existence he had never had a break from this work. The hot air of the Tatooine suns beat down on him as he began his trudge back to the farmhouse. He didn't like having to walk, but his uncle only let him have the T-16 speeder for a certain amount of time each week. If he used it to do the vaporators, then he would have no time to run into town and take a few runs through Beggar's Canyon. Resigned to his mission, Luke continued forward in the searing heat.

In yet another location, a teenage boy sat contemplating the fountains of the Jedi Gardens at the Jedi Temple. His reddish hair shone softly in the light of a torch nearby. Beside him, a larger figure stood his hands on the boy's shoulders.

"Concentrate," a whisper arrived in fifteen year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi's ear.

The boy shut his eyes tightly and his beautiful features strained as he tried to follow his instructions, "It just doesn't work."

Qui-Gon Jinn nodded solemnly at his apprentice, "It will work, perhaps not tonight, but some night."

Obi-Wan nodded, but a certain look in his blue-green eyes told any observer that he doubted his elder's words. Every night for the past month, he and his master had come to sit by the fountains to work on perfecting his skills of meditation, but it seemed there were no fruits of their work. Obi-Wan was quiet in demeanor by nature and it seemed that meditation should come naturally to him, but that was not to be the case. He could get into a trance for a short time, as he always had been able to do, but he could not simply become so calm that time slipped through his fingers. Quietly, though, he followed his master back to their rooms.

"No! Please no!" the cries from a figure under the clean-cut white sheets cried. The air was calm on this night on Coruscant, the skies barely filled with speeders. A glowing moon rising on far side of the city-planet serenely lighted the Jedi Temple. All of this was no concern to the restless figure. He was asleep, in dreamland. In a matter of seconds, however, the boy shot straight up in bed, still murmuring protests to the scene that had been unfolding before his eyes.

A cold sweat covered the front of Anakin Skywalker. He gasped as he realized his dream was merely

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Okay you've caught my attention! After all you included my Xan ! :) Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve! :D

4. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    oe: :eek: You're here!! *collapses in a state of bliss*

Yes, I was on my trip and suddenly it just came to me... Xani and all. I very much hope you will enjoy! ;)

_PSK_

5. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    With warm food on the plates in kitchen nook, Xanatos stepped away from his cooking duties. His reputation would not be well established if all the Jedi Padawans at the temple knew he was a master chef, at least when it came to breakfast food. Other times, he remembered flinching, he had not been so lucky at the culinary arts. The dark boy had nearly burned down the entire temple while trying to recreate one of Qui Jon's interesting, but extremely delectable, creations. He allowed a small smirk to caress his pale features. That had been interesting.

"What's so amusing, Padawan?" the deep voice of his master penetrated his skull.

Xanatos sent the taller, older man a cool look, "I'm simply remembering."

Used to the rebellious nature of the boy, Qui Jon sent him an amused glance, "Care to enlighten me?"

"Not at this moment," was his short reply, "I made breakfast."

It was his master's turn to reply curtly, but with a certain edge of amusement, "So I noticed. Shall we dine, my
    Padawan?"

Nodding his wordless assent, the boy seated himself at the table with cat-like grace. He frowned at his master, but otherwise little emotion showed through, "What are we doing today?"

Qui Gon raised an inquisitive eyebrow at his Padawan, "The same as always. I've scheduled saber practice for after breakfast. You're greatly improving, you know."

"I'm glad you think so," Xanatos admitted quietly, never the one to brag, but he didn't deflect the praise either, "You are truly a great Master."

"You really think so, little one?" the Jedi spoke as a ghost of a smile fleeted across his face.

The dark boy's hauntingly blue eyes snapped up meet his gaze, "Of course Master. Would I ever mislead you?"

A trace of great affection, perhaps love, crossed the old man's face as he reached across the table and lightly tugged on his apprentice's braid, "Never, my Xani."

At this, the boy's face finally cracked into a wide grin. He shook his head lightly ruffling his dark hair; "You know I?m going to beat you at saber practice today."

"You may be good, my very young apprentice, but I doubt you'll win today," a smirk passed over the Master's lips.

Xanatos' eyes narrowed, "What's so special about today, Master?"

"I've got someone special to spar with you today," Qui Jon informed him, "I thought perhaps a greater challenge than myself, although I still consider myself quite a challenge, would knock away the slight air of arrogance you've been carrying around with you."

The boy paused over his morning meal and glared at his master, "You did not."

A chuckle could be heard from the other side of the table, "Oh, but I did. I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience greatly. Anyways, your fan club will be there to root for you."

Xanatos pouted, "I do not have a fan club, Master. And I do not like to lose to her. She never lets me forget it."

"Enough whining Padawan," the Jedi ordered, "She makes you better."

The beautiful youth shook his head remorsefully, "Some day, Master, I'm going to get you back for all these dirty tricks."

"Perhaps," Qui Jon noted airily.

This only caused more frustration is his Padawan, but after a stern look from his master the blue-eyed boy conceded to simply eating his breakfast. Taking the chance while the boy absorbed his needed nutrition, his master studied the work of art in front of him. With beautifully pale skin starkly contrasting with raven black hair and smoldering blue eyes he truly was a uniquely elegant creation. Even at the tender age of fifteen he was tall and years of Jedi training had made the body lithe, but muscular and at any point in time, deadly. The Master sighed as he simply basked in the presence of his Padawan.

^~*^*~^

"Anakin!" the voice penetrated deep into the blonde youth's ears. He groaned, but made no response to move. The lightly accented voice, however, did not relent, "Anakin you're going to be late again."

"Go away," the boy mumbled into his pillow and tried to catch a few more moments of rest b

6. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_plain] :( :_| That was a tear jerker! Although I truly enjoyed the yummy visuals of Xan! [face_love] Excellant! More?

7. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    oe: Why thank you! :D Well, you can imagine the yumminess of writing them too! ;) Glad you're enjoying...

_PSK_

(rather short post, but we'll live)

As they entered their shared quarters, the young Jedi Padawan could not resist a subtle yawn. He was tired, that was for sure. Hours of trying and failing rarely made anyone energized, even the great Obi-Wan Kenobi. Sighing to himself he started to exit towards his own individual room.

"Not so fast, my little one," the deep voice of his master caused him to pause his steps.

Reluctantly trying to tear his fascination away from that of his bed and welcome sleep, he stared respectfully at his master, "Yes?"

Qui Jon carefully studied his youthful features. Could there ever be a more beautiful creature? That train of thought, however, was cut off as his memory flashed over another boy. Swallowing, the Jedi Master banished the thought from his mind, "You are too hard on yourself, Obi."

"If you don't mind my saying, Master," the boy responded quietly, "I've been working on this for some time with you and I seem to be able to gauge no forward progress."

"Is that what you think?" the Jedi questioned thoughtfully.

Resigned, Obi-Wan nodded, "I can see no explanation for the series of events."

"Then it is yourself that causes your failure, young one," Qui Jon spoke harshly, but not without a trace of sympathy.

The Jedi Padawan only bowed his head. Sighing the other man continued studying the beautiful face as it was lit with nothing but the bright lights outside of the layers of the city, "I have encountered very few Padawans with the potential that you have, do not discount that. There are many who wish to be like you or even to be you, Obi-Wan. Do not doubt your own talents and never doubt your faith in yourself or you may come to regret the outcome of your actions."

The startling, ever-changing eyes looked up at him, "I understand, Master."

"Good," Qui Jon leaned down and kissed the youth's brow.

"Master?" the quiet voice queried.

The Jedi looked proudly down at his apprentice, "Yes, little one?"

"Do we have saber practice tomorrow?" he stuttered for a moment, but somehow even his confused pause seemed natural and graceful, "I mean today, I guess."

His master nodded, "The esteemed green being, other wise known as Master Yoda, ended up watching you the last time. He suggested you spar with someone other than me, considering you're starting to understand far too well how to beat me. I'm not saying that you can beat, though. I know Padawan Luminara isn't nearly a Jedi Master, but she has a different style. It will be interesting how you fair against some one using the same style."

The beautiful face shot upward, "Luminara? Master, I can't fight her. She's?"

"She is what, Padawan?" Qui Jon lifted his eyebrows expectantly.

"I don't want to hurt her," the Padawan settled for.

A deep chuckle resonated from the Master's direction, "Now, I'd have to say that sounds a little arrogant coming out of your mouth, Obi."

Giving his Master a glare, Obi-Wan shook his head, "It's a long story, but I don't think it would be wise for me to hurt her again."

"Again?" There was no mistaking the surprise in the Jedi's voice.

"We tried sparing together a little while ago. She ended up in the healers ward and so did I," explained the boy.

"Any explicit reason I was not notified of this?" Qui Jon questioned with a protective edge lacing into his tone.

"I was hardly hurt," Obi-Wan evaded eloquently and took at step back, "Now if you won't excuse me, I'm awfully tired tonight."

The Jedi Master was not able to say another word as the youth floated, yes that was the only word to describe it, to his quarters. He frowned though, what else had his Padawan been hiding from him? He tried to shake off the sense of unease. This was Obi-Wan, not Xanatos. Things were not proceeding on nearly the same path.

8. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: Short but packed a punch! So do we see this Obi and Luminara battle? ;) One minor thing hun? Could you add the other "a" in Xanatos' name? He gets very cranky when people don't get his name right! [face_laugh]

9. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    oh gosh... *goes and hides under anything in sight* I can't believe I didn't notice I was spelling that wrong... [face_laugh]

Athough I think I took me a little longer in Dawn of Darkness to realize that I was spelling Coruscant wrong... lol.

Thanks for pointing that out... :D

Oh yes, I plan to try to convey that scene to the fullest extent. ;) :p

_PSK_

10. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    interesting start with the three parallel chains.

11. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    PaddyJuan: Very glad you're intriuged by my creation. Hopefully your interest will continue. ;)

_PSK_

12. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, I'm interested. Where were you hiding this gem, PSK? :eek:

Very interesting. I can't wait to see where this goes, and how you explain it. ;) And your characterizations are spot on, IMHO. :D

More? :)

13. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Interesting that they are all 15 years old... Hey, I didn't even realize his name was spelled wrong, I've been spelling it wrong for a while now... oops!

Nice first couple posts... I'me eager to read more!

14. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    oba: Lol, this "gem" didn't arrive until I went to California. I think it must be something in the climate that stimulates the creative juices. ;) I'm glad (wait, I think that should be overjoyed *faint*) you think it's rather good so far!! Enjoy! :D

Nikita: Yes, I hope you enjoy how all the fifteen year-olds join together! ;) Lol, yeah I think I must have been saying it wrong because I just kept missing that a. Humph!! I'm glad you've liked it so far! :D

_PSK_

Anakin Skywalker sighed to himself as he was pulled into reality by the bright light shining in the window of their shared quarters. He frowned to himself. After Master Obi-Wan had left he had cried for a few minutes before realizing the effort was futile and deciding he had no choice but to face the world, no matter what kind of pain he was feeling inside.

"Padawan?" a questioning voice prompted him to return to the reality he was now part of.

Mumbling slightly to himself, Anakin nodded, "Sorry, Master."

An odd look seemed to pass over the Knight's face, but Kenobi accepted the apology, "That's quite alright. You're very tired. I expect for you to wake up, however, after eating something."

Anakin almost grumbled that he doubted waking up was a viable option, but decided against it. He could try to wake up even if he did not, "Right, to lunch we go."

Obi-Wan had to frown at his Padawan's lack of enthusiasm. He was completely and thoroughly unmotivated today. Which was rather odd, actually. Normally the Padawan was energetic and simply gave his poor master a major headache each time he entered the room. Lately, though, it didn't seem that the energy level in the fifteen year-old was at all comparable to what it should have been. Dismissing the thought that the boy's dreams could be that potent to his health, the Jedi sighed and simply attributed the drowsiness of the blonde to a bad day. Deep down, Obi-Wan knew better, but what was the point of making a major issue of his Padawan's reoccurring dreams? The healers were plenty busy with Anakin's other accidents and he could predict the Council's reaction. "A bad idea his training is." That's exactly what the little troll would say, not that Obi-Wan entirely disagreed.

Noticing his counterpart staring at him curiously, the Jedi Knight realized that he had lost his focus, "Sorry, Padawan. Yes, let's go to lunch."

Assured that his master was back with him, the blonde took the lead, "What are they serving today?"

"I didn't check," Obi-Wan admitted, "I simply hope they didn't have whatever that substance they had last time. I don't think I've seen anything more revolting in my life and I've seen a lot of revolting things."

The boy's sweet laugh drifted through the air to Obi-Wan's ears, "Oh, I think I've probably seen worse. Some of the things people ate on Tatooine were rather ?um? disturbing?"

"I really don't think I want to know," admitted the Master, "I'm not exactly a fan of awful foods."

"No," agreed the apprentice with a mischievous gleam in his eye, "I don't suppose you do want to know. Although, I'd have to argue that you are somewhat related to the awful foods category."

"Oh, really?" the Jedi's amused voice demanded.

Grinning from ear to ear in such a manor that Obi-Wan was now rather wary of his Padawan's motive, Anakin replied flippantly, "Your cooking ranks right up there."

"And yours doesn't?" was the amused reply.

For a moment the Padawan looked doubtful about his predicament, but a moment later the grin returned, "Well? first, I only cooked once. Then second, I didn't actually ever set fire to the food I was trying to make and I certainly never made my poor apprentice taste test every variety of cookie I made until I determined that I couldn't make cookies approximately fifty batches later."

Obi-Wan flinched, "It wasn't really fifty, was it?"

Anakin gave him a withering look as they progressed down the hall near the cafeteria, "I had to eat one of each. Believ

15. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Oooh, very good. I like how you protray the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. You can see the little ways Obi-Wan doesn't quite do what he should (though no one's perfect), and also his successes, his closeness to Anakin.

Very well done, PSK! :D

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Excellant PS ! :) Love seeing these two getting along.

17. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    lol. cafeterias can be really good and really bad and no where in between. it is good to know that some things in the galaxy never change.

18. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    How cute! I'm glad Obi gave up, even though a man cooking is a bonus, its not if you might die a painful death...

19. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Oba: Thank you very much! I've spent numerous pages in my other story working very hard to find the perfect balance between Obi and Ani, I'm glad you approve. :D ;)

oe: *nod* Yup... there's so much good opportunity between the two of them! :)

PaddyJuan: Lol, yeah. The university I live near has really good food at their cafeteria, but the one at my school is just plain nastly. I wouldn't touch that food if you paid me. :p

Nikita: Yeah, you're right... ;) Glad you enjoyed!! :D

_PSK_

Qui Jon Jinn lead the way swiftly and quietly while Xanatos deCrion diligently followed. The dark boy's steps were firm and determined while he seemed to have an air of aloofness surrounding him. Young initiates stared in awe as the couple past them. The older man was simply impressive for his size and for those that knew, his reputation. The other figure was simply awe-inspiring to look at. He was a beautiful child that would have any female from a number of different species bowing at his feet in seconds. To a casual observer it seemed as if the boy knew nothing of the effect he created while he walked the Temple grounds, but to a better eye that was definitely not the case. The boy was a master of deception when it came to his emotions and reactions, but nobody could ever be perfect. His good friends, who were actually very few, knew that he was savoring every moment of attention directed his way.

His master knew this as well, but having been the center of attention as far back as he could remember, he let the boy absorb his popularity. Qui Jon smiled smugly to himself. And Xanatos still insisted that he did not have a following. Some day the boy would learn that it was best just to acknowledge the truth even if it wasn't exactly what he fancied for himself. This made the Jedi even more amused when he realized that the handsome boy probably did relish and fancy every bit of attention directed his way. It was only after glancing at his Padawan that he realized he had started to walk past the door into the training rooms, "Something on your mind?"

The innocent question was met with a small smirk when the real answer was contemplated, but the Jedi decided not to boost the boy's ego more than it need, "I was simply thinking about how enjoyable it is going to be to watch you lose."

"You like watching me lose?" the reply was almost cold, but only almost.

Qui Jon frowned at him, "I simply mean that I think it's good for you. You need to lose once in awhile."

"I lose to you," Xanatos pointed out.

A smile spread on Qui Jon's face, "Yes, but I'm really getting too old for this. When you lose to me it's more like you are tired or simply do not have your focus."

A black eyebrow raised inquisitively, "Oh? I never lose my focus, Master."

"Somehow I find that hard to believe. You must lose concentration sometimes," his master kindly reminded him, "Now go change. She'll be here once you get back."

Sending his master a dark look, Xanatos exited into one of the locker rooms to the side of the training facility. The moment he disappeared, a female voice spoke next to Qui Jon, "A true gift, isn't he?"

"That brat?" he answered in good humor.

Her laugh was like the tinkling of silver bells; "I suppose he can be rather self assured at times."

The boy's master shook his head, "At times?"

"Don't worry Master Jinn," she assured him, "I'll take care of a bit of that self assurance today. How badly would you like me to beat him?"

The Jedi Master studied the woman before him. She was small with an elfin face that made her look dainty to any observer. Her eyes were a deep purple that assured those who noticed her that she was not exactly human. Her pointed ears completed the picture of a fairy or a nymph. Despite all physical appearances, however, this woman was no weakling. Her saber skills were some of the best at the Jedi Temple and her high force sensitivity only served to enhance her natural skills.

Resh

20. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    oh, jealous xanatos. lol.

21. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Ooooh, nice. ;)

Very nice. ;) I like seeing the beginnings of Xan's arrogance, darkness - but still a Jedi Padawan. :p

Very good job. :D

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Jealous,dark,arrogant... He's all good! :p [face_love] Love it PS! MORE!!!!!

23. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    PaddyJuan: Yuppers... but then again it is Xan. ;)

Oba: I try to portray him as nice, but maybe with the possiblity of going rotten... sorta like cream or something. :) Thank you!!

oe: Oh, I most definitely agree!! [face_love] ;) Thank you!! And more... :eek:

_PSK_

Not an early riser by nature, but not a late one either, Obi-Wan Kenobi rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he sat up. The light from the sky of Coruscant shone brightly in his open windowed and he moaned as his eyes reacted to the brightness. With a flick of his hand, however, the window darkened and he was able to adjust to the morning light. The young boy slipped gracefully out of bed and gathered his numerous items of clothing from around the room. Obi-Wan was a neat person, but after their midnight endeavor the night before, his clothes had been left lying around.

It took the Jedi Padawan only a few minutes to completely dress and wipe the look of wariness from his features. The dread he experienced when he thought about the upcoming day put the weight of tiredness right back on, however. His master was making him spar with Luminara. He loved the girl to death, but after the incident both had decided to try not to take their aggressions out on each other.

The myth was that there was no aggression in Jedi training, but Obi-Wan had come to believe otherwise. Someone had to attack if anyone was ever going to spar and that person might as well be interested in doing a small amount of damage. At least that had been his policy until he nearly cut one of his good friends in two. Now, he was slightly more attentive and tried to use all caution to prevent another such accident.

Luminara didn't hold it against him. He had been spinning away from her. How could he have seen that he was going to spin his blade right under her defenses? Kenobi blamed himself, but truly the incident was far behind them in their relationship. Other than a few uncomfortable hours in the healer's ward, his friend had not really suffered too much. Anyways, practices were always conducted with the fiery blades at half power.

As the beautiful Padawan exited his private quarters all thoughts of ill fled from his mind. The air smelled wonderful, of sweet and spice mixed together. He paused a moment to absorb the aroma of his master's cooking.

"Ah, Padawan, good morning," his master spoke kindly from the apartment's small kitchen.

Nodding at the food being prepared inside the space that only Qui Jon dared to enter, Obi-Wan smiled, "What's cooking?"

"This, my little one, is something I learned to make during my time on Alderaan. It's light, fluffy and entirely meant to be a breakfast food. The Alderaanians have a different idea; this is normally served during the evening meal as a prelude to more exquisite courses. I have no idea why they think it should be served then," the Jedi Master explained.

Obi-Wan leaned a little closer to the kitchen, "It smells heavenly. What's in it?"

Qui Jon gave the boy an amused look, "That, I am not going to tell you."

"Why not, Master?" a certain degree of suspicion had worked its way into Obi-Wan's expression, "Is there poison in it or something?"

"The Alderaanians have interesting sources for their wonderful cuisine," offered the Jedi, "I would just leave it at that. I assure you it will taste absolutely wonderful."

Obi-Wan gave his master a disturbed look, but allowed other man's judgment to prevail, "Alright, I'll wait at the table."

Qui Jon allowed his approval to show in a small nod added to another smile, "Of course. You need to eat lots. Looking forwards to your spar with Padawan Luminara?"

Obi-Wan's ginger eyelashes moved to cover his eyes as directed his gaze downwards. The boy had hoped that last night had just been some sort of nightmare, but no such luck, "Barely. I really don't think this is a good idea, Master."

The elder man eyed him intently, "I will decide that, Padawan. Do not forget your place."

24. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    YA! ANI IS IN THIS! I LOVE ANI! ESPECIALLY WHEN HE WAS OBI'S PADAWAN! Say, uh is there any......"Obi comforts Ani" in this story? I LOVE THAT KINDA STUFF!

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Yummy as usual! I am astonished by how well you write these three different beautiful Jedi!Can hardly wait to find out what's in store! * whispers* Do you kill my Xan in this? :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.