main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Where the Broken Ends Meet (Xan, Obi, Ani, Luke) Author's Adios

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeSolo, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    save the xani? hmmm. okay.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    So love in the force is more powerful, more destructive...hummm. Interesting concept.

I liked that Xan felt unsettled about Luke knowing him very well. I guess he doesn't like the facade to slip....

3. astraevirgo

astraevirgo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    Silly thread! You keep running away! ::drags it back where people can see it::

4. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    As usual, you asked more questions than you answered. **grins** After all, that's why we love you, right?

I was gone, but now I'm back! Sorry!

5. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Yay! I'm back, Pthk!! Just read the posties!

Good work! Waiting for more! :D

6. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    *runs in and bawls*

I'm leaving tomorrow for three weeks! Gone...!!!! I don't have a post for before I get back (on the 25th), but I love you all!!

_PSK_

7. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You can't leave us like that!

Not fair!

I hope you can get some written for when you get back. I'm really missing this story! :_|

--later--

8. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    That is so not good. Well, have fun anyway!

9. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
    NOooo!!!

10. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
  11. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    While you are gone, I suppose it's up to us to prevent your fic from falling too far down. UP!

12. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    This is such a cool story! I've been meaning to reply forever, but I still haven't completely caught up yet. But it's such a creative idea, I love seeing these characters tossed together. :) I'll have to try driving the Pacific Coast Highway and see if it'll give me a cool plot bunny, too! Hee hee. 8-}

13. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    I *will* reply to all of you... but I just want to say I'm back and in the writing business once again...

For those of you who might like Harry Potter as well, I'm writing a story at fictionalley.org in the DA section under the the name Xitai... inspired by obviously this story! ;)

_PSK_

14. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    Welcome back! Postie? Hint... Hint...

UP!

15. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
    HOoray! Pthk is back!!! :D

16. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    How the heck did I manage to miss this fic so far? Wonderful Job PadmeSolo!

17. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    UP!! And when do we get out upDATE?

18. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Tomorrow life gets back to normal for me. Today I slept until noon (not a normal thing). I'll post soon ;) I just have to get back into life as I used to know it!

_PSK_

19. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Darth_Leia: So sorry!! :( I've gotten a little written and stay tuned for updates more often!

Thalia: I have a feeling you want an update? ;) Glad you're enjoying so far... and your wish *is* my command!

Burkie: That was my sentiment exactly! Hehe... back and still trying to figure out exactly how that sounds! :D

Nifet: Thanks for the wonderful up!

HHP: Well I'm glad to see you here! Well, take your time. Your fellow reader will tell you it's no fun *waiting* for updates! Thank you very much, though! :) Yeah, it's just an inspiring place! ;)

Phoenix: Now that is a question I have no answer to! ;) Thank you very, very much!!

_PSK_

20. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    A post!!! :eek:

_PSK_

Obi-Wan cautiously made his way to where Anakin, Luke and Malia stood. All of them were staring towards the vicinity that Xitai had departed. Anakin had a worried expression on his face that clouded his normally pleasant features. Luke just looked a little confused, but he seemed to be unworried about Xanatos. Malia, as always, was the picture of control and poise. She stared intently at Anakin's turned face, "Do not fret about him. He simply has passion. Granted, a lot of passion, but nothing to worry about."

Anakin bowed his head sadly, "I can't help myself. He seems to have much anger?"

The goddess shook her head sharply. "All of you have much anger. You simply must learn to control it."

Obi-Wan frowned. "But that goes against the entire Jedi philosophy. We're not only supposed to have control, but the ability to rid ourselves of unwanted emotion."

She gave a bitter laugh, "That's why I?m not a Jedi, eh? I'm not going to give one of those "we all have emotions" speeches, but I am going to warn all of you that this is a new stage in your training. What used to be set in stone is no more. Different rules, different motives, different results."

The ginger-haired boy bit his lip, but spoke quietly, "If it is for the better, I will try my hardest."

"Glad to have you with me," Malia commented, "Although truthfully, you didn't have a choice."

"Good to know," Obi-Wan commented dryly.

The goddess turned and regarded Luke, "Now you're special and rather quiet, I've noticed. We'll fix the second, but not the first."

Luke looked slightly puzzled; "I only speak when I feel I have something worth saying in my head."

"I'll bet you spoke more at home," she countered.

The boy shrugged, "I suppose."

Malia nodded in triumph, "All you need to do is get used to your surroundings. You talked a lot with Xanatos."

Realizing it wasn't a question, Luke stayed quiet. Anakin took the initiative and spoke, "So what now?"

She smiled, "You start training tomorrow. For now, relax and get some rest. You're going to need it over the next few weeks. Relearning everything you've ever known is no easy task and don't think it's all philosophy either. You thought your Jedi training was intensive. We'll be one upping it, don't worry."

Obi-Wan couldn't help groaning. Wonderful. Just what he'd always wanted. Although, he did wonder what they could do that was so physically intense. Three of them had lightsabers, but he doubted that Xitai and Malia would have any interest in Jedi weapons. He shrugged to himself. They would find out tomorrow, but for now he had every intention of following her advice and getting the most out of the area. He turned to Anakin and his other companions; "I'll see you later. I'm going for another swim."

Malia nodded her approval and then turned to Anakin, "Go take a nap or something like that. Your aura appears drained."

Slightly unsure as to what she meant, Anakin simply nodded and headed off into the forest, "I'll do that."

Luke stared at the gorgeous blonde woman in front of him. How could any one person seem that beautiful and light? She must be a work of art he decided. The goddess noticed his steady gaze and laughed brightly, like a babbling brook, "What are you looking at, little one?"

Embarrassed to be caught in the act, Luke shrugged and spoke vaguely, "The surroundings are beautiful. I got caught up in the moment."

She glanced around and nodded, but a smirk adorned her face, "I suppose they are. Run along, even if you don?t have to deal with all the philosophy of changing practice, the course you follow will still be tiring."

The blonde boy nodded quickly and hurried away without a word. Her smile fell as he disappeared from sight. She only hoped that he was ready for the trials ahead of him. After all, he was almost more important than the Chosen One.

21. Thalia_Nox

Oct 29, 2002
    We finally got a postie! YEA!!!

Sot hey have to relearn everything, huh? Guess they'll be there for a while. Unless, of course, you have some way for them to speed learn things?

22. astraevirgo

Mar 2, 2003
    I like the way this fic parallels the happenings in the movies as well. You kept Ani as the Chosen One (Important Padawan, anyone?) and then you've made it clear that Luke is almost more important than Ani, which was true in the movie, too. After all, Luke saved the republic.

I also like your characterization of Luke, but I think I said that before...

Here's to hoping I'll remember what has happened to fully enjoy that's to come. Write on!

23. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Thalia: Postie indeed! :) Yuppers... They only have a month, so it shall be rather intense. *I hate relearning things* ;)

virgo: Yeah, I try to keep as close as I can to the SW reality while adding my own touch of sorts. Yeah, I tweaked Lukie a bit, but I like him better now!! Hehe, you and me both on the last one! ;) Also, which Shakespeare play/other work is the quote in your sig? I'm surprised I don't know it considering I have a love affair with everything Shakespeare.

_PSK_

Xitai stared intently at Xanatos' back. He had not spoken since her presence had been accepted. There was little she could do but watch his face, twisted in agony and confusion. He was so different than the entity she had known. This boy had experienced very little of life. He was innocent to his own deadly crimes, something she was eternally grateful for. Seeing him without the heavy weight of guilt and suspicion was calming, but even now the aura of innocence was beginning to fade. Xitai knew that by the end of the next month Xanatos would have suffered more than he would in his future.

She studied his dark hair sadly. It seemed to remind her of a starry night, the light shining off the pitch back background. She held no reservations about his potential to achieve during this new training; she knew, however, that in the end nothing was changing. They were to be trained, returned, and then made to forget everything. There was no hope of the extent of their new knowledge traveling all the way back to their own times. The Force could not afford to lose any of the boys to changes in their own pasts. Perhaps the essence of the training would stay with them at desperate times, but no more.

Here on Utopia they would have one mission, figuring out how to get home. As simple as that sounded, Xitai knew it wasn't so. The Force had no intention to simply send the boys home in the same manner in which they came. That certainly would not be sufficient. They would work together along with their newfound talents to gain access to their normal surroundings. When they arrived home, no time would have passed. Each would simply have a headache and a fuzzy memory of the last month. And then they would forget, she thought bitterly. But the convergence would happen and the Force would be content and in Xitai's profession, that's all that truly mattered.

She looked up at the sound of scraping rocks; Anakin had entered the clearing. He glanced warily at Xanatos and raised a questioning brow at her, "He's alive and well?"

Xitai nodded, "It seems so."

"And he can also speak for himself," Xanatos muttered, not taking his gaze from the water.

Anakin turned slightly, "Sorry. I was just worried about you."

Xanatos let out a bitter laugh, "I don't think so. You seem to have a wonderful connection with Mr. Perfection and the little brat, not me."

The blonde boy had to hide his smile behind his arm. "Aw, come on. You're the first person I met here. That has to entail some kind of connection?"

"And he's just as bitter and angry as you are," Xitai piped up.

Skywalker turned slowly towards her and glared, "Thank you. Thank you very, very much. That really, really helped my cause."

She laughed and held her hands up in surrender, "Well, it *is* true."

At this point the dark haired boy turned around and eyed Anakin in mock seriousness, "Do you think we need help? Anger management classes?"

"I know I have a reoccurring problem? I keep seeing red?" Anakin added.

"Red, eh?" Xanatos frowned to himself severely, "I only see big black and white bull's eyes that keep getting bigger and bigger."

The blonde gave an exaggerated shudder, "Scary. Who do you think we should go to?"

Xanatos raked his pale hand through his raven hair, "I don't know about you, but I think my anger problem stems from childhood hardships. They never should have made me do all those Katas."

"Humm?" Anakin let a sly grin grace his features, "I know just wha

24. astraevirgo

Mar 2, 2003
    Wow, random moment of happiness and, well, randomness. ::laughs:: But it looks like they're going to need it in the month ahead.

NOOOO! I know you said you like keeping the real SW universe with just your loving touches, but I *really* wanted to see what this training will have changed... A good Xanatos, An Obi-Wan with huge Confidence (maybe even taken as a youngin' b/c Xanatos wasn't evil...), Anakin who values more than just himself and his impulses, and.. I can't fault your Luke. He's kinda sexy how he is... but he'd get a father and a family, or maybe not even appear at all... (but then sexy!Luke would not appear. Heh.) Could you maybe... write something parallel to it? Maybe they feel pity? :[face_sigh]: I want them to change, I want them all to live happily ever after... ::whines to self::

As for the Shakespeare quote, I'm not sure. I had a habit, when I was younger, to troll the internet looking for quotes and place them in a file. When I needed something for my sig, I refound it in said file... and it was pretty, so I put it there. Maybe from a sonnet? Did Shakespeare write essays at all? Dunno.

Anyways, glad you're back. I'm enjoying story. Write on.

25. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
    Hooray! Posts and randomness!! :D

I like having you back and posting again, pthk!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.