Before Where the Broken Ends Meet (Xan, Obi, Ani, Luke) Author's Adios

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeSolo, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehe... wow Burkie... things changed more than I ever imagined! ;)

Sorry about the lack of postage, I think tomorrow night looks good... so expect something then!

_PSK_ :)
  2. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Really short, but it's a cliff, so you can think about it! ;)

_PSK_

The next morning came and went. Hours of indecipherable lectures that seemed to achieve no end fell upon deaf ears. Obi-Wan, a good student on almost all occasions, found himself wishing he was listening to some boring lecture by Master Yoda. Even that he could understand if he tried. Malia ranted about crazy things, goddesses that had no meaning to him and forces of nature that seemed only to affect the weather. Luke watched bright eyed for the first week or so, but after almost 70 hours of nonstop words, he let his mind drift to more interesting matters. Xanatos had never even tried in the first place; he recovered himself from the immense boredom by imaging his life was normal again and muttering about how this world was only a very bad dream. Anakin, although more enthused than either Obi-Wan or Xanatos, had the attention span of a flea. He found himself picking up only an hour of lecture before having the insatiable urge to run around while screaming at the top of his lungs reached him. Xitai noticed all these things, but since their disagreement, she had barely spoken to Malia.

Now, the boys were seat in a circle in the early morning of the ninth day. Malia was beginning her extraordinary monologue. "I've basically covered all the ancient history inherent to Old Order, so today we can start moving on to more practical matters. Hopefully you've absorbed enough for this to be relatively simple."

Obi-Wan and Anakin exchanged doubtful gazes. Like they had absorbed anything? She had to be kidding them. Xanatos, however, was even more pungent in his response. He muttered, "thank the Sith."

Malia stared at him for a moment. "What did you just say?"

"THANK THE SITH," he snapped. "I'm terribly sick of all this stupid sitting around and listening to crazy people talk. Let the action begin."

Luke gave him a warning glance, but he could relate to the other boy. "Xanatos!"

"Have you listened to word I've said?" Malia was starting to have a strange red glow about her edges.

Xanatos bounded to his feet. "No. And you know what? That's the way I like it. I'm going to find a way to get out of this place and then, no matter what I may have done here I swear to Sith that I won't remember it. So, you know what? I quit. Forget this ****."

Malia stared at him silently as her formed seemed to magnify in size. "You will not speak to me in such a manner."

Obi-Wan stared at her in trepidation. "Um? Xanatos, maybe you should listen to her."

"I'm not going to give in that easily. Not now." The dark boy jutted his chin into the air and smirked at her. "Come and get me for all I care, but I have a feeling you need me."

"You insolent little?" Her fury was immense and the other boys slowly reached a standing position and started to back away.

Xanatos simply stared intently back. He really didn't care what he had gotten himself into.
  3. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah Xan! You tell the crazy old witch! :D
  4. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    Xan would be the one to speak up, wouldn't he? I don't doubt that those lectures were boring as Sith either. Those poor boys! Can't wait to see what kind of trouble Xan's in now! ;)

--later--
  5. KatarnLead Jedi Knight

star 3
    ooooh! Xan's anger's done him in!!
  6. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks all! :D I hope to post and reply tomorrow!

_PSK_
  7. KatarnLead Jedi Knight

star 3
    Maybe reply, then post? :p
  8. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Aye, but as you may have noticed, no post last night. I went to see a movie... and then went to bed. ;) Today is better though... I'm going flying, but I'll be able to write after that!

_PSK_
  9. Thalia_Nox Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hmm... Tea leaves and then this? And here I though they were going to learn something. **settles in to wait for the next postie**
  10. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay... so I got all wraped up in Brighton Beach Memoirs by Neil Simon, the play we did at school. I had two management positions and had no time to do anything. HW included. Anyways, I should be able to get back into normal life and writing.

_PSK_
  11. Thalia_Nox Jedi Knight

star 3
    DRL gets us all, don't worry about it too much! Just don't dissapear entirely, we'd miss you!

UP!
  12. KatarnLead Jedi Knight

star 3
  13. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for all the ups. I'd thank you all personally, but I'm sure you rather I just post the next section! ;)

_PSK_

Fifteen minutes and about fifty decibels of hearing loss later, Xanatos was still seething, but the goddess had left the scene. Anakin glanced at his fellow observers. Obi-Wan looked interested, which was odd, and Luke look terrified, which was normal. He stepped towards Xanatos.

"That was an interesting display of insolence." The blonde boy stared out the corner of his eye.

Xanatos bit his lip and nodded. He wasn't sure if he trusted himself not to continue yelling.

Obi-Wan placed at hand slowly on his shoulder. "You have a point, though. We have been following them blindly. Maybe it's time we start taking control of the situation."

The words were definitely radical for someone as submissive and quiet as Obi-Wan Kenobi. Luke, however, did not leave the voice of reason unfulfilled. "But they're our only guides. Without following their advice, we know nothing at all. Don't we want to find a way home?"

"I want to go home," Anakin replied softly. "But I'm not sure that blindly following these almost nonexistent people is the right way to go. I'm sure we were sent here for a reason, but I'm also sure they don't have any better an idea than we do about what's going to happen. They claim to work with the Force, I'm not sure I can believe them. Perhaps their Old Order was a real thing, but I'm betting it was just another way of dealing with the Force as we know it." Anakin took a breath. "So, anyways? I agree with Obi-Wan."

Xanatos nodded, his rage fading. "Glad to see I'm not the only one here with certain doubts."

Obi-Wan held his hand up. "Before we get too carried away in our little quasi-mutiny, we have to agree that we'll work together to find a way home. One that doesn't involve Xitai and Malia, but doesn't exclude any of us either." At this point, he looked directly at Luke.

"Fine." Xanatos assented.

Anakin agreed. "I would never plan to do anything else."

Luke looked at the three Padawans warily. "I suppose you haven't left me a choice. I'll agree with that statement."

"Good." Obi-Wan glanced at Anakin. "Where do we go from here?"

The blonde boy stared out into the misty forest. "I'm not exactly sure. Perhaps we should just continue a normal life here and wait to see if a sign arrives."

Xanatos looked at him incredulously. "And what happens when we're ninety and nothing has happened?"

"Well," Anakin snapped, "You should hope something happens sooner."

"Enough of that." Obi-Wan broke into their conversations. "Does anyone still have their lightsaber?"

Anakin and Xanatos gave him do-you-think-I'm-stupid looks while Luke gave him a what-in-the-blazes-are-you-talking-about look. He had to smother his amusement. "Good. I haven't had a good practice for what feels like forever."

Anakin rolled his eyes. "It's only been a week or so."

"Yes." Obi-Wan commented. "But you miss the fact that my lightsaber and I have a very special relationship. We get depressed when we can't spend time together."

Xanatos scoffed. "It's sounds like you're married to the damn thing. What's her name?"

Obi-Wan pouted playfully. "Who says it's a she?"

At this Anakin swallowed loudly and commented quickly. "No one."

"Hum?" Xanatos pretended to consider the question. "I suppose it's more of a he shape, if anything. I'll give you that. So anyways, what's its name?"

Obi-Wan had to grit his teeth to keep from giggling out loud. He took a calming breath and carefully answered the question. "Its name is Rayan and I'll let you decide its gender."

Anakin raised his hand, finally getting into the spirit of the moment. "Definitely a she."

"Really?" Xanatos shook his head in disbelief. "I would go for a he myself. Seems more like Obi's type."

"So," Anakin began while turning to Luke. "The call is all yours. He or she?"

Luke looked absolutely mortified.
  14. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, Munity! A funny one at that.

And I'm with Xan, lightsabers are male if not neutral.
  15. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
    lol. a week or so from then, Luke is going to look up, turn bright flaming red, and stare in horror at the lightsabers for a while.

snicker
  16. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_laugh] Nice to see the boys bonding.
  17. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    ummm... i really hate to do this... but I don't have time to reply just yet, so UP?

_PSK_
  18. KatarnLead Jedi Knight

star 3
    HA! Classy!! :D

Good work, Pthk!
  19. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Vadey: Mutiny is good, especially when it's funny!! ;) Xani's glad to have you on his side!

Froggy: I can see it now!! He'll stare in horror for awhile and then he'll start to laugh! :D

oe: Bonding is very good. After all, there would be no story without bonding!

Burkie: classy! Thank you! ;)

_PSK_
  20. Thalia_Nox Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, that was great! I have to put in my two cents worth, of course. Lightsabers are definetely male.

To Froggie: you are SO RIGHT about what Luke's eventual reaction will be, by the way.
  21. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    will reply when I can, DRL probs! But I'm glad to see that you posted!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]
  22. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Thalia: Thank you! :D Oh, yes, I definitely agree on the lightsaber point!

D_L_6669: Hey, I'm glad you had the opportunity to post. I know how DRL goes! :(

_PSK_

Luke watched pensively while Anakin and Obi-Wan stalked each other across the grassy plain. The sabers clashed brightly in the twilight. Obi-Wan carefully stepped to the right and brought a forceful stroke down upon his companion. Anakin simply raised his sword and let the enemy blade slide off his parry. Taking time to reorient himself, Obi-Wan stepped away and eyed the blonde across from him carefully. Thus far, Anakin had not taken the aggressive position. Obi-Wan had been loath to attack, but that seemed to be the only way Anakin was willing to spar. The ginger-haired boy raised his saber into a defensive position.

"Why don't you take a little initiative this time?" He grinned at his companion.

Anakin's eyes narrowed and he seemed to deflate. "I'd rather not."

Obi-Wan shook his head. "What's your issue? Come on! Just take me on. You know I can handle you."

Anakin had to privately assent to this fact. Obi-Wan was most definitely well trained, even at this point in time. Anakin wasn't sure what aspect of his consciousness was holding him back, but he tried to force it away. "Alright."

The moved slowly, almost indecipherably back into their ready stances. Suddenly, without any warning, Obi-Wan watched as Anakin rushed forward, a streak of light and darkness. He could pay no more attention to his analysis of the boy in front of him. The hissing sabers consumed his auditory senses and the blazing lights blinded him. Instead of relying on his confused senses, Obi-Wan opened himself to the Force. Letting it flow within him in a way it had not in weeks. He breathed in deeply as if smelling spring on the air after a tiresome winter. He was barely aware of his moments, but his blade never failed to connect with Anakin's own.

From off to the side, Xanatos could not help but smirk in approval. The contest in front of him was simply stunning. Neither boy seemed at all aware of the beautiful dance they were participating in. The steady rhythm of parry, strike, block, attack continued on like war drums on the open plain. After some time of observing the boys, Xanatos stepped carefully forwards.

"That's enough for now." He looked at them expectantly.

Not surprisingly, neither responded?too locked in their deadly combat. Xanatos sighed. Then he reached out both his hands and tugged carefully on the Force with his mind. Instantly, both sabers came flying, still lit, into his outstretched hands. Anakin turned in annoyance while Obi-Wan simply looked at Xanatos with a worried expression.

"You really didn't have to do that!" Anakin exclaimed.

"You could have impaled yourself!" Obi-Wan screeched at him. "What were you
    thinking?"

Xanatos rolled his eyes at both of them. "Loosen up. It's not like I was going to kill myself, Obi. And how else was I going to capture your attention?"

"I don't know!" Anakin seemed at a loss. "But really. You could have warned us."

Luke stood up from his place at the edge of the meadow. "I think you're all blowing this way out of proportion. Anyways, that was amazing. Can one of you teach me to do that sometime?"

Obi-Wan and Anakin smiled endearingly at him. "Of course."

Both boys proceeded to giggle slightly at their combined response. Anakin stepped forwards and put a gentle hand on the other blonde's shoulder. "We'd really love to."

"Um, as sweet as this is," Xanatos bit in sarcastically, "We've got company. Might be time to pay attention."

Obi-Wan turned to where Xanatos' stare was riveted. Xitai had appeared out of the dark woods. The four boys exchanged wary glances before Xanatos stepped forwards. "What do you want?"

She eyed them all carefully. "We need to talk."

Anakin looked surprised. "Now?"

"That would be best."

Obi-Wan nodded faintly and X
  23. Thalia_Nox Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow, that was quick between posts! DRL must have backed off for a while!

Those four are so great together. They mesh like so many parts of a perfect whole.
  24. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Why is it that everytime the four boys have some fun together, are relaxed in each others company, that one of the girls has to intercept?
  25. PadmeSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Can't reply yet, but since this seems to have dropped I'm giving it a little up!!

_PSK_
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.