main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Where the Broken Ends Meet (Xan, Obi, Ani, Luke) Author's Adios

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PadmeSolo, Mar 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    La dee da... Nobody notices me... **shoves fic to the top** Lad dee da...

2. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Aww, Ani and Obi are so sweet together! Ummm, do you think you could PM me when you post because I hardly ever come to this forum. Thanx!

3. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I missed a posty! :eek: Still loving your sarcastic Xan! [face_love]

4. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Thalia: Sadly, only for a moment. Wish the happiness would have lasted longer! :( They're extremely fun to write interactions for. Thanks for the up!

Vadey: Sorta like life, if ya know what I mean. ;)

DP: I shall try to do so. Glad you got around here and thank you!

oe: How could you? ;) Thanks! :D

_PSK_

5. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    And now, the truth is discovered and the confusion may start to end...

_PSK_

Xitai slowly made her way to stand directly in front of the boys. "I have a feeling that everything is not going as planned."

Xanatos looked at her in a calculating manner. "Probably not."

Anakin stepped forward. "What exactly is going on here? Tell us everything you know."

She sighed sadly. "I wish I could sound cryptic and wise, but I can't. I have no idea. I know nothing. The Force is behaving in a way I have never seen before."

"Maybe it's time for you stop relying on your Force, whatever it may be, and figure out the reality of the situation." Obi-Wan looked sideways at her. "Sometimes over-evaluating and assuming can only bring failure."

"You have a point." Xitai moved to stand directly beside Obi-Wan. "But the problem is that I am nothing without my beliefs. My culture and tradition are so much a part of me that I fear I'll fade away without them. After all, I'm supposedly dead."

Xanatos looked at her sharply for a second. "May I try something?"

"What?" She sounded apprehensive.

"I can't exactly tell you. It won't hurt you and I think it may provide a link to the solution to our situation." He offered nothing more and merely stared at her with attentive blue eyes.

Anakin started to open his mouth. "What?"

"It's better that you don't ask questions yet." Xanatos turned to her expectantly. "Will you agree? For me?"

"Yes." She nodded confidently. "I trust you."

He nodded. "Now take my hands and close your eyes. Just breath normally. Don't think of anything?let your thoughts flow, simply follow the river of consciousness."

The girl followed his orders and soon she was in a deep state of meditation. Xanatos bit his lip thoughtfully as he began to probe her mind. Almost as soon as he tried to enter, an explosive force sent him flying away from her tender thoughts. He smiled to himself. So he was right. Not everything was as it appeared. Gathering his inner strength, he used a chilling burst of energy to break the first lay of protection. She trembled in his grip, but did not let go. Xanatos knew enough to realize that she was not consciously resisting his intrusions. Someone else had set up the barriers in her mind. Wall by wall, he broke his way through the well-crafted defenses.

When he was finally free to explore the unguarded interior of her mind, the state of her thoughts amazed him. There was one single thread of reasoning while the rest of them were unnaturally quiet. He probed deeper. It seemed as though her mental abilities were simply frozen in place. There were completed thoughts that simply could not move any further down her neural pathways. With another powerful bust of energy he quickly destroy the stasis of her mind and tore the single train of engineered thoughts away from her pathways. Suddenly, he was floating in a confused chaos. Fear bounced off every conception she formed. Also, a stronger, different Force signature fell into place. Carefully, he retreated from her mind.

As Xanatos pulled away from her, Xitai opened her eyes slowly. A confused expression covered her face. "Who are you?"

Luke stared at her in horror. "What did you do to her?"

Xanatos waved his question away. "I'm Xanatos deCrion."

Following Xanatos' lead, Anakin stepped forward and inclined his head in greeting. "Anakin Skywalker."

Shrugging, Obi-Wan smiled gently at her. "Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Seeing himself as being disrespectful if he did not speak, Luke waved a hand. "Luke Skywalker."

Xitai nodded tentatively at each of them. "Where am I?"

"I can't be certain." Xanatos shrugged. "We used to think we knew where we were, but now I have no idea."

"Where are Bella and Aton?" She frowned to herself. "I promised them I'd be home before supper. They're always complaining how I spend so much time at work."

Anakin shook his head sadly. "I?m afraid we have no idea who you a

6. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I take the one she called mother or even godess, is her employer in real life. That scientist she is asistant to.

Well where are they, some kind of 'holo-suite'?

7. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Yup! I'm lost! :p

8. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    *cue evil music*

dum dum DUUUUUMMMMM! :p

9. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Vadey: You've got it somewhat right. But they're a real place, during a real time. Not everything is entirely fake.

oe: Sorry! :( I was hoping to start clearing the confusion.

Burkie: Exactly... with the Emperor and Vader too! ;)

_PSK_

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

11. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    PSK I was hoping to start clearing the confusion. - Yup, you've started... but there's still a long way to go in that direction. :D

12. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Jenny: *wicked grin* Indeed. ;)

Nifet: Well, at least we're moving in the correct direction! But yeah, long road ahead. :)

_PSK_

13. astraevirgo

astraevirgo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2003
    I absolutely *loved* the lightsaber conversation. It had me laughing out loud.

...for a while, the plot was thick enough that i could walk on top of it while I admired the characters in stasis below -- I'm glad things are finally moving.

Happy! What are they going to do now? Dun dun dun... and what is the tradgic sob story?

Write on,
    Virgo

14. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
    Emperor and Vader?? My, this is going to get interesting!

15. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Thank you guys for responding, I'm not updating yet since I want to get the next part of the story sorted out before I post...

_PSK_

16. KatarnLead

Oct 5, 2002
    In that case, Ups!

17. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    EDIT!!!
    virgo: Somehow I missed replying to you the first time around. Sorry! :_| I lived for the lightsaber talk, I mean... really... they had it coming. Trying to get moving, plot is turning into mash ;) Well, it wasn't so tragic as not so fun for Rea, but really what do you expect when you sign on with the Emperor? A walk in the park? :D

Burkie: Thankies. And now......

Okay, so I admit I spent an awful lot of time thinking about, not writing, this post. I hope it's what I wanted it to bed, not too surprising, but enough to solve some of the issues at hand. :)

_PSK_

Xanatos looked down at her with pleading eyes. "Tell us. Please."

Rea took a shuddering breath, as if remember something horrid. "It all began with a contract. A business deal, really. Dr. Glen needed more money for her research; it had been going well but not many agencies fund such experimental programs. So when the Emperor asked for a special deal, with billions in the mix for her, she couldn't resist."

Obi-Wan looked puzzled for a moment. "I don't understand all this Emperor talk."

"Neither do I, but I think we can probably get to that later," Anakin mused. His companions nodded. "Good. Rea, please go on."

"Right." She gave them all very strange glances before nodding to herself. "So anyways, we accepted the contract. We really needed the money and even though Dr. Glen wasn't in agreement with the Emperor, we hardly dared to bring up that point. We ended up visiting the Emperor and his council on Coruscant. They gave us some money to start off our research with."

Xanatos, putting aside his immediate confusion, looked at her expectantly. "What were you supposed to research?"

"Time travel, it's crazy." She gave a bitter laugh. "I know. But we were going to try to move people from other times, without their consent. It was harder than it seemed, though, because we found out we not only had to learn to manipulate the target's physical matter, but also its mental processes. This, in turn, we found was easier with individuals with Force sensibilities, the Jedi."

Anakin, Obi-Wan and Xanatos exchanged troubled looks. Being easier to manipulate did not sound like a good thing. Luke, only dimly aware of his abilities, motioned for her to continue.

"Dr. Glen and I had actually made some good progress, we weren't exactly ready to test, but we knew what we were doing. Then Vader showed up to check on our progress. Horror of a man if you ask me." She shivered at the memory. "Anyways, he didn't just want scientific babble, he wanted results, a successful test. We had no idea of who we could test it on, in our minds what we were doing was already slightly out of control morally."

Anakin raised a brow. "Vader? I've never heard the name before."

"How did you choose the test subject?" Obi-Wan pondered.

Rea shrugged. "You must be really out of the loop. Vader's just the Emperor's main henchman. We didn't decide the test subject. Vader said he could give us a few dates and times that would be good. Privately we also decided to run a test of our own, that didn't include a Jedi. We just picked a random date fifteen years into each of the subjects' lives and then performed the transport."

Horror was beginning to creep into the features of each of the boys. Test subjects? Force help them. Xanatos stared in quiet fury. "What happened?"

"Everything went according to plan. It's hard to explain the minute details. We thought we could just bring the subjects here and then back, they'd hardly remember a wink of it. Vader had different plans. As soon as they, well you, arrived he ordered the Stormtroopers down on us. They stunned you four immediately. Then they took over the facility and sent a shuttlecraft with the six of us out to an abandoned hospitable planet within the Empire."

"Which would be our current location." Anakin deduced miserably.

Obi-Wan frowned. "What happened to you and the doctor?"

"

18. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Whoa nelly! Time travel! So is Vader running around somehwere aware of the fact that his master, he himself and his son are floating around together? I would think that could cause him some uneasy moments! :D

19. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    oe: Sorry, I couldn't stop myself immediately replying... but yes, the big boy does know that they're all running around together. The real question is, what does he want to do with 'em? Though you're right, I'm surprised if he survives with only mild insomnia. ;)

_PSK_

20. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Well, what ever Vader is up to, I think it's not the same the Emperor had in mind.

And I can understand that he chooses Obi, Luke and himself but not entirely why Xan.

How much did Obi-Wan told him about the fallen Padawan of Qui-Gon and why?

21. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    I'll reply more later, but I thought I'd not made one thing clear. Vader doesn't exactly know *who* Luke is. Rea and Dr. Glen decided to "beam him up" on their own. (how they knew about that will be explained). So really, he only knows about Xan, Obi and himself. And then there's the one other blonde dude he found when they all appeared. ;) Anyways, trying to clear confusion! :D

_PSK_

22. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
  23. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    Vadey: Thou art correct on your first comment! ;) Yeah, Vadey didn't exactly know much about Xan... but why will eventually be explained.

Froggy: 'ello! :D

_PSK_

Later that evening, after mass chaos had ensued and then calmed, Anakin and Xanatos sat quietly together on the beach. The newly rising moon framed the boys in a wash of light, starkly contrasting them to the all-consuming darkness. Xanatos' dark hair hung untamed about his face, casting delicate shadows upon his features. The moonlight reflected against his blue eyes, causing them to emit a ghostly glow. Anakin, for his part was not draped in shadow, but his eyes joined his companions in an otherworldly shine.

"So, how does it feel to be a pawn?" Xanatos' tone was bitter, and truthfully Anakin could relate.

"I'm not sure. We don't know what this Vader figure is planning for us." He shrugged. As much as he wanted to join the other boy in bitterness, anger did not seem to be the right path.

"Who is this Vader anyways?" The question was obviously rhetorical, but Xanatos attempted to answer himself. "I mean we know he's the Emperor's right hand man. Okay. Then who is he after that? There has to be a person behind the façade."

Anakin gave his companion a tired glare. "Must we talk about important issues when I want nothing more to sleep. Anyways, I'm sure we'll get answers if we wait a while."

It wasn't a question, not really. "Deal. I suppose we shouldn't go off on tangent that we know nothing about, however."

"Hum," was Anakin's only response.

Xanatos narrowed his eyes in frustration, seeming to glare at the moon. "Why are the Jedi so? sullen?"

A brow was raised on his counterpart. "Sullen? You think I'm sullen?"

Xanatos studied him for a second before nodding. "Sure. We're all sullen. The whole order is sullen for Sith's sake."

"I'd go more for serious in my word choice. Sullen sort of implies being a little angry and Jedi don't do the whole anger thing." Anakin mused.

"Humph," Xanatos related. "But they really should open up the book on emotions. I don't really think it's good to keep everything locked up."

"You're not supposed to keep it locked up, you're supposed to release it and move on." Anakin felt strangely as if he had switch places with his mentor.

Xanatos waved a hand in dismissal. "Whatever. Do you really take that philosophy seriously? Never let emotions bug you? Never feel that things are just out of control and you don't mind?"

Anakin held Xanatos' own sapphire gaze. For some reason he felt implicit distrust of the boy beside him, but also a far-reaching understanding. Maybe it was time to tell the truth. "Always. I mean things are always out of hand."

If this statement surprised him, Xanatos didn't let it show. "How so?"

"My mother?" Anakin paused as he flinched in pain.

"So you know your mother?" Xanatos did seem perplexed by this fact.

Anakin smiled ruefully. "There are a lot of thing about me that aren't normal, for a Jedi anyways. I'm from Tatooine; I lived there for the first nine years of my life. I'm not like the other children; I remember too well."

"So you knew your parents? Why did they let you enter the order?" Xanatos seemed more interested than worried about the breech of the normal conduct of the Jedi.

"It's a crazy story. But on Tatooine I was slave, with my mother. I didn't know my father; I don't think so anyways." He seemed to contemplate this. Then Anakin shook his head and continued. "Then I met Master Jinn and my life changed. I was taken away from Tatooine, to Naboo where the Jedi were defending the planet from a Trade Federation invasion. Terrible things happened in the aftermath of the battle and in the end I was allowed to remain with the Jedi as Master Obi-Wan's Padawan."

Xanatos blinked. That was a lot of information in one go. "Let me get this straight. You were a slave? You know Qui-Gon Jinn? And Obi-Wan, is he the sa

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Makes sense these two could have some understanding of the others demons. :)

25. PadmeSolo

Jul 3, 2002
    oe: They certainly have a certain alikeness. Only time will tell how much though! ;) Glad you like.

_PSK_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.