Before - Legends Where the Heart Is (a new twist on Obi-Wan's past: he's got a twin ;) UPDATE 10/12/05)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lost_jedii, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. lost_jedii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey you all :) I'm sorry this update is taking so long, I just wanted to say that it is on the way and definitely coming soon. I'm going to try and have it up by tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Update soon?- JOINME

Thank you for all of your reading [:D] I promise, another uppie really is on the way soon! :)
  2. lost_jedii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey again everyone. I'm really sorry for the wait, this week was really hectic. The usual disclaimer goes here ;).

Also, one reason why this took so long is because I'm trying to re-vamp some parts of it because I feel like this update here is becoming stale, but I didn't get a chance to make some changes yet :( That is coming soon though! :) And I'm going to try and have another update up by tomorrow. Please tell me what you guys think, any type of criticism is totally welcome ;)

Thanks again for reading! :)

The aircraft shook as it began to descent more rapidly into Tatooine. There was always turbulence here; the winds are as strong as a machine. I can feel it?all the old feelings?everything. The turbulence grew, and it stayed that way, but the four of us sat perfectly still, watching the pilot. He seemed anxious again, and I stared at his back, wondering in the galaxies what he's ever had to be that anxious about. Try being an assassin, jumping off of roofs, always dodging death at the last second, running from governments, and then tell me how your stress levels are. It seemed like hours had passed, but the ship finally ceased its shaking; we'd made it through the outer layers of winds surrounding the planet.

I could feel the air pressure drop, we're very close to the ground?sometimes it's hard to block memories, but if you really try, it's almost as if they disappear, like they get locked in a vault somewhere, and over time, you can't access it anymore even if you wanted to. It was nice. It's easier to not remember, because you don't remember the pain. My eyes went glassy again, I could feel it, but I blinked normally once and it was gone. The land suddenly crushed against the ship, making a screeching sound as the brakes were thrown on and trying to not get shut off from all the dirt. Len's hand was on my shoulder then, his familiar green eyes looked into mine, and I felt as if I was safe there, really, truly safe?and then his hand was gone, and he was already up, inlocking the panels so we could get out.

The pilot stuttered to us a goodbye, and no one acknowledged him except Lana, who smirked. I went out last, it's not like I was in a hurry. It was funny, I hated the ship, but now I'd do almost anything to stay on it. But no, no running. Not anymore. The first thing I felt was the winds, they whip lashed around us, and the familiar feeling of sand grinding between my teeth was already there. Sand?sand for miles and miles and miles. There were mountains, and beyond that I knew were the towns, and the slave huts?and the memories, the memories that I couldn't keep in the vault anymore.

The sounds of clanks and shouts still echoed through the halls, but they were muffled from the steel walls of the cell. Jed was concentrating on the sularas, a small pick in the tips of his fingers as he scratched away at the bindings. Logan stared at him, gently shaking his head. "That guard guy, Sair, whatever his name is, said only the key that is made for the sularas or tremendous heat can break it." Jed sighed and threw the pin on the ground. "Well, if we can't get these off on our own, we'll just have to meet up with the key-" "Or find a fire." Logan finished for him, thoughtfully rubbing his chin with his arm. "Only question is how we get out from here. Then we could just find some heat. I bet a fire will be easier to find than the key." "Yeah, but we'd have to find a fire fast, kid. These things most likely have a tracking device on em'." Then Logan sighed, trying to examine the walls again for any sign of an opening. "Well, I guess the only way for us to get out is when they open the doors." That made Jed grin. "Ah, the guards? I like your thinking. We'll have to move fast though, there's droids everywhere around here." Now Logan grinned, already crouching lower as he moved towards the door. "Well, I bet we could take them." Or not?

3. Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    It was true. Things were almost never as they seemed, for this he was sure of. Out of all the missions he'd been on with Qui-Gon that seemed to be the common theme.

How true! And, things are never as easy as they look... [face_thinking]

But then another trip to the healers usually takes care of things for Obi-Wan! ;)

I can't wait to see if Logan can rescue Renon! :D

Please continue this interesting fic! [face_batting]
  4. Bastet Jedi Padawan

star 4
    "Oh, some sort of vine monster. You don't want to mess with one of those; my old girlfriend threw one on me once." "What???" "Long, long story." [face_laugh] I think I'd like to hear that story. ;)

Logan looked anxiously around. "I don't care. Look, I appreciate all of your help. You should go, but I can't. Not until I find my friend." Jed seemed to slow down, looked at him differently then, recognition lighting up his golden eyes. "You sound?just like him." Hmm, I wonder who Jed is talking about... [face_thinking]

And now I hope Logan can rescue Renon, before he needs rescuing himself, especially since it sounds like he's on fire right now, aahhh! [face_worried]

And now Qui and Obi are going to meet up with Renon's aunt, huh? I hope they can help in each other in some way.

Great update, lost jedii! I look forward to more soon! :D
  5. JOINME Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I really like Jed! :D

"Oh, some sort of vine monster. You don't want to mess with one of those; my old girlfriend threw one on me once." "What???" "Long, long story."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's hilarious! Hmm, perhaps there'd be some advantages living in the SW galaxy while getting into a fight with boyf :D :D :D

(Next time I fight with mine, I'm going to threaten him with a vine monster! Ha! [face_laugh]

I hope Logan knows what he's doing! Cmon Renon, be found... [face_praying]

and ah, looks like our favourite duo have a lead!

Obi-Wan looked at his master, who had also overhead the conversation, and they exchanged glances before proceeding towards her booth?.

Evil cliffie alert! [face_shame_on_you]

lol. (I'm one to talk :p)

This was a great update Ally! I really enjoyed it, you pace your fic very well.
    I can't wait to see what happens next! [face_dancing]
  6. lost_jedii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Star_Drifter- Thank you for reading and commenting! :) Yes, things not being what they seem truly is one of the most common things I think ;) Don't worry, Logan'll find a way to rescue Renon :D

Bastet- Thank you so much too for reading and commenting! [:D] Who Jed is talking about will be revealed in either the next post or the one after that :D And Renon's aunt is going to help Qui and Obi out, but she'll need some persuasion, but as we know our favorite duo can be very persuasive :p

JOINME- Thank you so much as well for reading and commenting!!! [:D] [:D] I'm really glad you like Jed :p :D Wouldn't it be great to have a vine monster to throw at your guy every now and then? [face_laugh] :p Renon will be found, I promise ;) And an update is almost done, so the evil cliffe will be over soon ;)

Thanks again everyone for reading and all of your comments! [:D] [:D]
  7. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4

"Look, I'll run out through the flames to get them by surprise. Droids can't handle really fast movement, so I'll run dodgedly." Jed raised his eyebrow at him. "I'm getting the part where I get a safe get away, but you seem to get the 'get killed brutally' part." Logan shook his head. "I have to stay. Renon is still here

The pressure is building=D=

?"Think not, past the front of your vision it is, what seems is not and what really is will lie." Yoda's words always seemed to edge their way into his head, often times saving him from making careless errors. It was true. Things were almost never as they seemed, for this he was sure of. Out of all the missions he'd been on with Qui-Gon that seemed to be the common theme.

Obi-wan isn't sure of anything yet

But I sense something?[face_thinking]

Wow missed another couple of posts
    Great work
  8. lost_jedii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Gkilkenny- Thank you for reading and commenting!! [:D] I'm glad the pressure is having somewhat of a noticeable affect, I was trying to make it suddle but still kind of stand out at the same time :)What do you sense? :D :D

Thanks again everyone! :) And if there are any lurkers out there thank you for reading too ;)
  9. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4

I sense there going to meet

up on Tatooine[:D]

Update soon GK
  10. lost_jedii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    You may be right or not, we'll see :p :D :D I promise an update should be done soon and it's on the way! ;) Thanks for reading [:D]
  11. lost_jedii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Is it to bold of me to up my own fic? :D If not, then up! ;) But I probably should stop and get my lazy but up and actually finish the update. Writer's block *cries* Oh well. Up anyhow :p
  12. lost_jedii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey you all :) I'm really sorry this update has taken so long, schools seem to love to pile on the work as the year progresses. Hope you like this, please let me know if it's getting stale! :)

"What? I cannot give that to you. Not enough money!" The flying creature shrieked his small eyes full of greed. The winds picked up again, slashing against any exposed skin, turning it red and raw. My mouth was filmy and tasted like paper and cemement, for the life of me I still couldn't rid the crunch of sand. Len stared amusedly at the man, his green eyes penetrating.

"This amount of money will do. A regular transport costs half the amount I'm offering you." The creature furiously shook its head. When I was young it always startled me to see how greedy these people were, but now I just blink my eyes. "You do not listen! I have already said my final offer, no more debating!" It shrieked again, and Len's eyes narrowed then, and no one else but me probably noticed the slight difference in them. They had been a soft forest color but now they'd turned to green ice.

"This amount will do." His voice was was at a normal level, but the directness in it cut the air and his eyes didn't blink or flinch as he stared the thing down. It looked down and around before finally fumbling with satchel at his waist and mumbling "alright alright." He took out a card, looked like an ID. I saw Lana curiously studying it, well, she looked like she was staring at nothing but when you're one of us you can just tell how we show emotions. Krin was the only one that hadn't spoken a word for hours. He just stared out at the ocean of fire that seemed to surround this forsaken place. He seems to know more of its secrets, know more about this place than I do. He probably was beaten worse than I was, or maybe something else happened, who knows really.

Len's eyes never left the creature's form and it made it nervous. Very nervous. It kept on running into things and dropping its satchel. I wonder when he'll ever get us the transport. We had to find those politicians and pilots, and we had a pretty good idea where they were on Tatooine, if only we could actually get a vehicle to get us there. He finally called out something in a foreign language, but no one came. He gave an exaggerated sigh before walking back into the store and yelling at the top of his lungs.

Len looked casually at the building before he spoke. "He's stalling till he can escape safely. He knows who we are and why we're here." He looked across at us and grinned. "Time for some action." Len nodded at Lana and Krin and spoke to me with his eyes, I nodded and turned to walk down the market as the three of them sprang up and landed gracefully on the roof like felines. In about three seconds they'd be inside the building, having everyone down and picking their choice of vehicles. Maps?where do they sell maps around here? It's been so long?My feet must remember, because they're taking me through the weavings of stalls and to a booth marked "Maps". Guess I still remember some things after all. One on the right looked pretty good, but I don't have any of the right credits with me?no one was looking, and I had it expertisely in my pocket in a flash, already twenty feet from the booth.

"That's stealing you know." My heart crashed, surprising me. Since when was I this on edge??? Since you came back?here? It was a little boy. His hair was soft and looked like gold and white in the light, and his bright blue eyes stared back into my own. He talked with a lisp, he was missing his left front tooth, and his clothes were that of the slave ranking. Suddenly I could see my old clothes, feel the coarse touch, smell the blood, feel the agony?"You okay?" He asked with the curiosity of someone around the age of five. He smiled up at me with an innocence, but his smile seemed guarded, as if he'd already been hit many, many times.

For some reason he seemed familiar?but how? I'd left this place more than seven years ago, this boy wouldn't have even been born?.but
  13. Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling

star 3
    He reached out and gently tugged on the curtain. It opened all the way, and he stared down in shock and horror at the form before him. "Mace?Mace Windu?"

:eek: What is Mace Windu doing in that awful place, and in such bad shape?

What part will Anakin play? [face_thinking]

And, how are they ever going to get out of this? [face_worried]

More, when you can, please! [face_batting]
  14. Bastet Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ah hah! I knew Anakin would end up meeting up with the assassins! He just seems to get in the middle of everything, doesn't he? ;)

I'm glad that Logan is okay, and that he hasn't been caught yet. And Mace is there too? I wonder what happend to him. [face_thinking] I wonder how many other people Logan is going to end up needing to rescue before they get out of there? ;)

Great update, lost_jedii! I'm looking forward to more! :D
  15. lost_jedii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Star_Drifter- Thanks for reading and commenting! :) I'm glad Mace being in there caught your eye ;), I left him to be found until the last part because I needed a cliffe for the end [face_devil] :p Thanks again :)

Bastet- Thank you so much for reading and commenting as well [:D] Yes, poor Ani, he does always seem to get caught in the middle :p I promise the next uppie will reveal why Mace is there ;) I seriously didn't mean to make Logan out as the guy who always rescues everyone (cause that's not very realistic ;)) but he does tend to, like Ani, get caught in the middle of things a lot ;)
  16. Gkilkenny Jedi Master

star 4

For some reason he seemed familiar?but how? I'd left this place more than seven years ago, this boy wouldn't have even been born?.but he seems so familiar?Suddenly it hit me. It seemed me getting surpised was the common theme of the day. There was a bracelet poking out from under his sleeve, it looked exactly like the one I'd seen on a woman years ago. "Who are you?" I said,

My name?my name is Anakin, Anakin Skywalker."

WoW it is getting deeper now Now Mace is there

good post.
  17. lost_jedii Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Gkilkenny- Thanks for reading and commenting :D I didn't want to do something too predictable, but Anakin had to come into the story somehow ;) I hope Mace being there got you by surprise :D :p He's going to be alright though. Thanks again :)

Thanks again everyone for reading [:D]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.