main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Where the Heart is (Inbetween JA and TPM) AU author's note

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediANGELA, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    For all of my fellow readers out there, I spent the past few weeks looking for the ending to Destiny's Heartache, I looked and I looked, but I could not find it, if anyone wants to finish it, they have my permission. On a lighter note, here is my newest story. It starts out in the TPM era, but the majority of the story is post-JA.

Title: Where the heart is.
    Genre:Angst, Angst, Angst, and a bit of dry humor. major AU
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, OC, Yoda, surprise people
    Timeframe-JA-TPM
    Keywords: AU, Angst, Family, death, flashback
    Summary: When a mysterious knight walks in on a sparring session between a master and her Padawan, the master tells her Padawan the knight's story.
    Notes: This is my second posted story.
    Disclaimer: I am just playing in this universe.

Anything in // is italics.
    Anything in () is bold.

In one of the many sparring rooms in the Jedi Temple, a young Padawan is sparring with her master. The Padawan is a mere fourteen years old but is wise beyond her years. She has blue eyes and the purest blonde hair. A man walks into the sparring room, he is wearing the robes of a Knight, the only thing that was weird about it was that the Padawan had never seen the Knight before.

"Master, who is that?" the young Padawan asked, putting down her lightsaber.

The master sees her Padawan put down her lightsaber. She takes a look at the Jedi who just walked into the room. She gasps upon realizing who it is.

"An old friend, Padawan," she replied.

"He doesn't look so well, Master. Shouldn't we go over to him and see how he's doing?"

The master smiled at her Padawan's compassion. Always wanting to help. But her friend looked horrible, like he's been through so much in so little time. She knew the knight since she could remember. Her friend had always been different, for he had something that no one else in the Temple had, a father.

"No Padawan," the master said flashing back to the present, "he wants to be left alone."

The master knew what was coming, so before the inevitable "Why?" came, she walked over to a bench that was on the opposite side of the room from where the knight sat. She sat her Padawan down, and began to tell her tale.

/Many years before that/

"Come on, just one more push!" the healer said to Mariana Jinn. "It's almost here!"

"Qui-Gon," Mariana moaned.

Qui-Gon Jinn walked over to his wife. He saw that she was in a lot pain. He wanted to remove the pain from her, but the healer was blocking him.

Mariana moaned one more time, and the cry of a newborn echoed in the white healer's ward room.

"It's a boy," the healer said, first wrapping the baby in a blanket and then placing the newborn into Mariana's hands.

"Oh, Qui-Gon, he's perfect, what should we name him?" Mariana said in a soft voice just barely above a whisper.

Qui-Gon thought for a moment. "Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan Benjamin-Kenobi Jinn." Qui-Gon said, taking both the name that he and Mariana picked out, and Mariana's maiden name.

"It's perfect, Qui-Gon." Mariana's breath fell short. "Promise me this Qui-Gon."

Qui-Gon knew the end was near. He took Obi-Wan from Mariana. "Anything, Mariana, anything," Qui-Gon Jinn said with tears running down his eyes.

"Promise me that you won't let him go to the creche. You will raise him as he should be, your son, and take him as your Padawan when he is old enough."

"But, Mariana, Xanatos..."

"Promise me."

Qui-Gon nodded, and with that Mariana Kenobi-Jinn died, leaving her husband and newborn son.

Like? Dislike?

2. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    STORYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

3. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Ive tried posting the next post three times, but everytime i try, my server decides to update and kick me off. Ill try again later.

4. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
  5. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Woah... weird... COOL! I like it so far. Keep the good work up. :)

6. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Like It!

Please continue!

~Bek

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I take it obiwan was the one who walked in looking all sad??? but why??

8. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    That will be answered as the story progresses. I will try to post again tonight, or maybe in a few.

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    www.starsearchcasting.com :D

10. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    /A few years later, Obi-Wan is five./

In the Room of a Thousand Fountains, Master Yoda was teaching a class of five-year old intinates. Every so often he would check the count of them, five year olds have a tendency to run off. There should have been thirty of them, but Master Yoda kept on counting twenty-nine. It didn't take him long to realize which one was missing, a blue-greened, ginger haired boy who was always getting into trouble. Obi-Wan Jinn.

Master Yoda quickly rallied up the children all of different species and took them back to the creche. He did another count to make sure he still had twenty-nine and Obi-Wan didn't sneak back in. Now he counted twenty-eight. He had a feeling he knew which one was missing this time, Obi-Wan's best friend, Tally Wren. She was always Obi-Wan's right-hand girl. Master Yoda went back into the Room of a Thousand Fountains to see if he could sense either Obi-Wan or Tally. He had no other choice but to alert the boy's father, Master Yoda's former Padawan.

"Master," the young Padawan said interupting her Master's story, "how did Master Yoda know that Obi-Wan and Tally were the missing intinates?"

The master smiled, her Padawan could be so observant at times. She looked around and saw that the knight was now looking at her. He probably got interested in her story as she was telling it.

"He knew it because Obi-Wan was always getting into trouble. He was always taking Tally on his adventures."

"Oh," said the Padawan.

"Padawan," the knight said for the very first time. The young Padawan could hear a thick accent in his voice. "It was also because Obi-Wan liked Tally very much."

The knight looked at the master. The master only shrugged. The master continued her tale.

"Master Yoda had alerted Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan Xanatos..."

"Your son, missing he is," Master Yoda told his former Padawan.

Xanatos's mouth dropped down like a slot machine. The little runt, as he teased his master's son, was actually lost for a change. He didn't think it was possible, for his master always had him on some invisible leash, whetever it be from Qui-Gon himself, Xanatos, or some other padawan, knight, or master.

"Tally Wren, missing she is too."

Xanatos was even more shocked. He has another one with him too?

The panic in Qui-Gon's eyes was evident. His little boy was missing. He didn't even wait for master Yoda to finish before he started to look for his son and his friend. He turned to look to see Xanatos taking the other end of the room. They had to still be in the room, for no one had heard or seen them leave it.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Meanwhile in an air duct. "Ow, Tally that's my foot."

"Sorry Obi, I can't see in here."
    ---------------------------------------------

Qui-Gon reached out with the Force. The Force let him see the path that Obi-Wan took... it led straight for an air duct that would eventaully lead to a giant fan...

"Xanatos, Master, come quick!!!!" A paranoid stricken Qui-Gon Jinn yelled.

The two came in a hurry, "Fear leads to the dark side, my former Padawan."

Qui-Gon didn't have time to say anything to his master. He just pointed to the opened air duct. Xanatos's eyes opened with fear of what may happen, if the two aren't found within a few minutes. Without thinking Xanatos jumped into the just-big-enough air shaft and started heading toward the path that his master was sending to him through their bond. He didn't have to go far when he heard voices.

"Obi-Wan Jinn, what did you get me into?"

"I'm not sure Tally, just keep going."

Xanatos had to say something. "Obi-Wan, Tally, turn around, its me Xanatos, I'm going to get you out of here."

Both of the five-year olds froze. "Xani?" Obi-Wan asked.

11. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    storms over, may finish posting in a few minutes.

12. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Great one, waiting for more!!

13. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    will post after hw is completed. i know two weeks till im out of high school for good and they still give me hw. dont ask.

14. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Cool post. :) It's sweet.

15. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Just upping this, made up my mind, will not finish post and part of a new one, until i get four more reviews.

16. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    Really liking this story...

Sorry for lurking...I have a bad habit of doing that.

More Please!

17. Emma_Kenobi

Emma_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2003
    Just found this and am absolutely loving it!

So, the Knight that is listening to the story is Obi-Wan right? And has Qui-Gon died in this one?

More soon! UP!

18. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    posting...

19. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    Waited so I could have time to post. Have the time now, enjoy the post!! It is the continuation of my last storm interrupted post, I recommend rereading that post b4 this one. Enjoy!!!
    A/N Please forgive the spelling and grammar errors. I have no Beta reader.

"Obi-Wan, please, turn around!" Xanatos cried.

"Xani, I'm scared,"Obi-Wan cried.

Xanatos had no clue even how far the five-year-olds were ahead of him. He tried to reach out with the Force, but the duct was too twisty for him to get an accurate reading.

"Xani, find us!" Tally spoke for the first time to him.

The power in her voice was so mesmorizing. It was almost like she was pulling Xanatos closer to her, but that was impossible, right? No intinate has that amount of development in their abilites to do that. Xanatos knew what he had to do. He crawled in deeper into the duct. He felt his master's son's presence get closer and closer. He turned around a bend, and heard crying. He breathed a sigh of relieve. He had found them. In the darkness, he saw to glowing beings. Obi-Wan and Tally! Somehow Obi-Wan used what he had learned and created light around him and his friend. He saw that Tally was sitting crying, and Obi-Wan had his hand around her.

"Obi-Wan?" he whispered.

"Xani?"

"Yes, its me, I'm here."

Obi-Wan jumped over his friend and jumped into Xanatos' arms. "Get me out of here, please."

Xani smiled, even though he highly doubted Obi-Wan could see him in the darkness. He put Obi-Wan down and picked up Tally. Obi-Wan entered his mind to let him know that he understood why he put him down. Xanatos turned around and put a light Force leash on Obi-Wan just enough so that he knew that the five-year old would follow him. Xanatos sent a message to Qui-Gon through their bond. He could feel Qui-Gon's panic. Xani was puzzled by this, wasn't panic and fear the way to the dark side? As Xani told him that he has the two children and was on the way out Qui-Gon's panic and fear dropped to almost nothing. Xani decided to drop it, it was, after just parental fear over thier child, right? But what Xani didn't know was one little girl with green eyes and strawberry blonde hair was staring at him through the darkness after what she felt him do through the Force.

Xanatos started running toward the daylight. Obi-Wan ran as fast as he could to catch up. Through the duct opening he saw Qui-Gon standing there. He also saw Master Yoda and one of the Padawans that help out in the creche. He handed Tally to the Padawan first. She had calmed down a while ago, but still had tears in her eyes. Then he reached behind him and picked Obi-Wan up. He handed him right to Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon immediately gave Obi-Wan the hardest hug he ever gave him. Then he kissed Obi-Wan on the head.

"Dad, yuck!"

"Yuck, what, Obi?"

"Kiss!"

Everyone that was around laughed at that, even Master Yoda. Then the party dispersed.

"Master," the young Padawan said, "wasn't Qui-Gon mad at Obi-Wan?"

Her master looked at the knight. It was a few exchanged glances. Her master shrugged, and the knight spoke.

"Qui-Gon was too relieved to have him safe and sound than to be mad."

"Oh," said the Padawan, "did Obi-Wan get into trouble for taking Tally with him?"

"That he did," said the knight, "though I think only recently he begins to understand why."

"Then what happened?" the young Padawan asked.

"I think its my turn," said the knight,as he smiled at his friend. The Padawan was so naive. She had no clue who the story was about.

When Qui-Gon and his son returned after the incident, he sent Obi-Wan to his room to meditate about what he did wrong, while he had a mental health moment. Sometime during that time, Mace Windu walked in.

Obi-Wan felt the other Master's presense when he walked in. He wasn't meditating at all. He was daydreamin

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    IS THIS STORY OVER??? AND WHY WAS QUIGON OR OBIWAN.. WHOEVER IT WAS SAD???

21. Bekah_K

Sep 3, 2002
    It's not over is it? That was a great post!
    More please!

22. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Yes, I'm surprised. Knight Jinn!! [face_shocked]

More!!! Please!!

23. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    just a note, this story is far from over!

24. JediANGELA

Sep 28, 2002
    I wont be posting this weekend due to the prom, i promise to have the next post up on monday.

*runs to have a good time*

25. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Cool! Where was Obi-Wan anyway? I mean when Qui-Gon was telling the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.