main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where the Kaminos and the clones and Jango mentioned in books before the PT even began?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Steve_Dave, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve_Dave

Steve_Dave Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    I was talking with someone and then mentioned that all those things were talked about in the Zahn Trilogy.

I remember there being clones but I thought they were a different group and geneticaly broke down or something.

There are those out there that know way more then me so I figured I would ask.

Any mention of Jango, the Kaminos, etc in books before the PT?

2. P_F_A_F_F

P_F_A_F_F Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    The clones in there were not Jango nor Kaminoan. They were grown using Spaarti Cylinders from the Emporer's personal storehouse

3. Steve_Dave

Feb 13, 2005
    What were the clones the fell apart(for lack of better words) after a certain amount of time? Where they something the emperor made or were they just part of the story in the Zahn Trilogy?

Also does Zahn make mention that Luke is the choosen one at all?

4. P_F_A_F_F

P_F_A_F_F Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    The clones that go crazy are clones that had their growth accelerated WAY to much.

And, since the books were written pre-Prequels there is no mention of the Chosen One.

5. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Also does Zahn make mention that Luke is the choosen one at all?

No, because Luke wasn't the chosen one... Anakin Skywalker was.

Edit: Also, yeah, there was no chosen one mythos at the time. That came with the prequels. I wonder if Zahn would not have been so, "Vader SUX!!! THRAWN RULEZZZ!!!" if he had known about the chosen one before hand?

6. Steve_Dave

Feb 13, 2005
    "The clones that go crazy are clones that had their growth accelerated WAY to much. "

Those are the ones talked about in the Zahn Trilogy right? Who created them? What is backstory, brief backstory?

7. Steve_Dave

Feb 13, 2005
    Did they have anything to do with the dark fleet I think it was called. The ships that were just floating unmanned in space? Or am I getting different stories mixed up?

I know Luke isn't the chosen one(I disagree with that but I don't want that discussion to take over this thread :)) but I was talking with another person and they said that Zahn says Luke is the chosen one or eludes to it. Lucas has no problem contradiction the books so I thought that maybe I had just forgotten that.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    that's the katana fleet. And no.

9. Steve_Dave

Feb 13, 2005
    So now I am totally lost. :)

The Katana Fleet was manned by the accelerated clones and they fell apart and left the ships unmanned in outer space. These clones weren't made by the Kaminos.

Did the Emperor have anything to do with the Katana Fleet? Did he have the clones made or did the Emperor just use the same technology as the defective clones to make C'aboth?

How much time is inbetween the defective clones and the Clone Army?

10. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    did the katana fleet clones come under attack from the virus being developed to destroy the clones in republic commando?

[face_mischief]

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Katana Fleet was manned by regular crew which fell victim to a hive virus. This is when teh ships jumped into the unknown an were not heard from again. This occured prior to the prequel trilogy by a couple decades.

During the Clone Wars, Spaarti cloning technology was used at some point but the clones went mad because they were grown too fast.

During the Thrawn crisis, Thrawn solved the clone madness problem (by using ysalmiri to block the Force during their accelerated growth) and used them to man the Katana fleet ships he found.

12. johnthejedi24

johnthejedi24 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2004
    Wait, I thought that the Katana fleet incident happened about 5-10 years before TPM, and not 2-3 decades before, since we have AT-PT walkers which I think were introduced specifically during that time perioud? Does anybody have an exact date for the construction,launch and disappearence of the Katana fleet? And when were dreadnoughts introduced into the Republic fleet, because with all of the materials I have seen it only says, "during the Old Republic".

13. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    It was stated by Talon Karrde that the fleet was lost in 32 BBY (at the time of The Phantom Menace), but Captain Pellaeon set it at fifty-five years prior to the date of the story (Dark Force Rising, set in 9 ABY). The relevant passage, from p. 58 of that story:

"Have you ever heard of the Katana fleet?"

She had to search her memory. "That was the group also called the Dark Force, wasn't it? Something like two hundred Dreadnaught-class Heavy Cruisers that were lost about ten years before the Clone Wars broke out. All the ships were fitted with some kind of new-style full-rig slave circuitry, and when the system malfunctioned, the whole fleet jumped to lightspeed together and disappeared."

"Nearly right," Karrde said. "The Dreadnaughts of that era in particular were ridiculously crew-intensive ships, requiring upwards of sixteen thousand men each. The full-rig slave circuitry on the Katana ships cut that complement down to around two thousand."

According to AOTC: Incredible Cross-Sections, the Dreadnaughts from Rendili were used in the Outer Rim, while powerful and wealthy sectors had their own fleets with more than mile-long warships.

Thousands of Dreadnaught-class heavy cruisers were likely deployed by the Old Republic in its Outer/Mid Rim/Expansion Region sector fleets as peacekeepers against pirates, smugglers, and other local brushfire affairs. They weren't ships-of-the-line, as they were unfit for combat against other full-fledged naval vessels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.