main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Where the SD Squad of the 501st Legion Stands

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TKWinterhawk, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKWinterhawk

TKWinterhawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2004
    I have been giving this a lot of thought and have consulted with several members of both the Squad the Garrison and even some members of the local Fan Force Chapter. I have come to the conclusion that for the time being that there will not be a 501st Liaison, and that there will be no active communication between the Local FF Chapter and the SD Squad or SCG. I am disturbed by the previous weeks chain of events and have committed not to allow this to spill over into the squad.

I am sure that there will be events that our 2 clubs will participate in as we will still have members in the squad that are a part of FF and vice, versa. We can allow those members that are in both clubs to share the information with one another and eventually that will trickle up the chain of each respective club.

As for myself, I feel that its not in the interest of the 501st for me to make any type of a public statement on how I feel about this issue. I will continue to work toward organizing events for the 501st locally and am sure that I will talk to a lot of you along the way.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

2. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    To clarify, that means that SD Squad meetings will take place on different days from the local SW fan club, not piggybacked onto them at the same time/location - correct?

3. TKWinterhawk

TKWinterhawk Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2004
    That is correct, the SD Squad meetings will be held at a different place and time from the fan force meetings. You can find information on the Squad meetings at the SGC forums under the San Diego Events section.

This Months Squad meeting will be held at the Home of Mike A (TK4510) on March 31st at 5pm.

Please note that the decision to hold our meetings apart from the SW Fan Force meetings is in no way an endorsement of any postion with the current dispute. Its an attempt to gain some separation from what is going on as to not allow the issue to bleed over into the squad.

It is recommend that members of the SD Squad that are also Fan Force members not discuss this issue at any SD Squad or 501st function.

If you have any questions feel free to post them here or PM me.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.