main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Where the Sidewalk Ends (please read)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tabee, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    We could maybe have seperate small pages on the website for the collecting/costuming/etc and not make it a full-fledged "sub-club" or snything

^Ohhh, excellent idea!

I suppose we could have someone do graphics and a different person in charge of the actual site.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, what have we decided?

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, 12 people have posted in this thread.

Removing Tabee and Dajuan (who both said they would do what the club wanted), here?s how it breaks down.

6 want Dajuan promoted
    1 person wanted a vote
    3 offered no clear opinion on the matter

So, at this point I think it's up to Tabee to decide if she wants to consider this enough grounds to promote Dajuan, or if there should be a vote for CR, including Dajuan as an option.

~H~

edit/ [face_whistling]

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    So, at this point I think it's up to Tabee to decide if she wants to consider this enough grounds to promote Tabee, or if there should be a vote for CR, including Tabee as an option.

Methinks Jurist is sleepy ;)

5. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    I'm stepping down from the job, I don't want it again! (at least.. not right now..)

ok, first my apologies, my dig started last Monday and I've been trying to get use to a new internet schedule (more difficult than you think!) but I'm here now :D

and a thank you to Heather for keeping an eye on this thread for me, much appreciated!

I've reread the thread about 6 times now, and while a couple people have mentioned they wouild like a vote or that they would rather not promote Dajuan based on her status as co-CR, no one has made a clear suggestion about anyone else to take the job.

With all this in mind, I want to just promote Dajuan to CR, then hold elections or whatever for co-CR and whatever other positions that we may decide to create.

I realize this may seem unfair, but there has been almost no mention of other viable candidates. (ie, of age, active enough on the boards and/or RL, leadership qualities, etc.)

Hopefully, co-CR and other positions will allow for a lot of people to get their hands dirty and be involved, more funness, I think :)

Nominations for co-CR can begin whenever, I will leave it up to Dajuan on whether or not the age limit applies. It will also be between Dajuan and her co-CR how the duties will be split up, and that may or may not become standard for STLFF, the same goes for any other positions that may be created.

As for new positions, I want to be Queen of the Metro East :D

what? not goina happen? pooh :(

how about princess?

6. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    how about princess?

How about, no.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sounds good Tabee. Who is all interested in the Co-CR position? I think th eage rule should apply, but if we have a 17 year old canedit (I know I misspelled it, trying to get this out quick) we might waive it, depends. More from me on break.

8. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    hey Jon, you ain't CR :p

Dajuan will be nice and make me Princess of the Metro East.

*grumbles* don't see why you care.. you don't live in the metro east... and you're not eligible to be princess.. unless there is something about you we don't know.

*is off to PM Heather*

9. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I could be Metro East princess!

10. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
  11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well now that Tabee's the queen of the Metro East, I guess we really need to decide if we want other positions.

We've decided (I think) that a Co-CR could be helpful, but I could handle the duties alone if no one eligible wants it, and that a webmaster or two would be a step in the right direction. Does anyone have any nominations for people to take the positions? Yes, you can nominate yourself. Just be aware that whoever takes them will have to be resonsible, mature and able to handle my occasional houndings for updates (that really applies to the webmaster).

Any takers? Both SteelLepp and JCF have shown an interest in the webmaster position. I have no problem with two wm's as long as they can work together well.

If you don't want to post it here feel free to PM me.

12. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Responsible? Mature? Oh great, I guess I'm out LOL.

Mesa would be muy honored to take on thisa heavy burden.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Dunno now SL, that Jar Jar talk could get you kicked out of the tribe...

As long as no one has any objections, the job is yours. I'll give it until Sunday of this week so anyone with any objections/suggestions to voice them. As far as I'm concerned beyond that, the job is yours.

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Mesa would be muy honored to take on thisa heavy burden.

Not...A...Word... [face_shhh]

I learned that hard way about stuff like that,lol. [face_worried]

Well, I would be very much interested in the web position. Although I don't know what web server we will be having, or how much it will cost(considering that it is really hard to find a job round these parts) because I don't think I could afford it... We would be using some sort of fund to do that, correct? Like Paypal, for instance?

I don't think I could be the Co-CR, even though I think that would be VERY cool. I don't think I am of age, and I'm not sure what the future holds, so I don't know if I would have time. But hey, my Ren Faire duties have ceased... But now it is my senior year in high school. Jump out of the falling plane, fall into the battlefield. See what I mean? Lol.

Glad to see that Dajuan got promoted! Oh yeah, all hail Tabee, queen of the Metro East! ;)

15. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    If worse came to worse, we could always host the site on one of the free services like Geocities. Space might eventually be an issue though, depending on things like how many group photos we put there.

16. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Currently I have a webhost that has a lot of space left (something like 400 MB). I'm more than happy to let anyone that needs some space use it. I have it for another 2 years before I have to start paying for it. Currently there's no domain name so if we want one, we'd have to pay $10-15 to get one and that registers it for 1 year.

Also, if no one else wants Co-CR I'll take it.

17. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    i would definately nominate jon for co-cr. ive met him once and he seems like he would be able to handle it no problem.

oy yes, btw: all hail queen tabee

and ps: congrats dajuan on cr

18. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    Congrats Dajuan

Wouldn't be interested in Co-CR, but since you now have power to hand out titles, I'm trying to think of one for myself.

village idiot of the metro east has a nice ring to it!!! :)

Maybe Sir Dingle of Berry

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Well, since I haven't heard anything from anyone otherwise I'll assume that everyone is alright with SteelLepp being our "webmaster" and VoijaRisa our "co-CR" I'll PM Jurist tomorrow afternoon with these updates unless I hear otherwise.

I personally support these choices, I think both guys are well suited for the positions. Any other bids or suggestions for the jobs will be taken seriously, as long as the person is serious as well. If you do not feel comfortable posting it here, my door is always open for PM's or emails. I want you all to always feel free to come to me with any problems or concerns you have (compliments as well, but I won't push it ;) ).

Tim, do you really want your title to be "Village Idiot of the Metro East"? I can arrange that (maybe).

20. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    I personally would have no problem being a co-webmaster. It brings some more ideas to the table and a different light to see things from. I've worked on programming teams before, so I already have the "plays well with others" thing down....lol

But, either way, I'm cool with the descion with our fearless leaders.

21. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I don't know, I kind of like Sir Dingle of Berry too.

Must ponder.

22. Jedi_Tabee

Sep 6, 2001
    *ignores conversation*

*revels in queenness*

I'm gone for a week, and look what y'all have done!

*feels proud*

I'm the Queen!

I should so put that in my sig...

23. SteelLepp

Sep 1, 1998
    LOL@"Her Royal Highnessness"

24. NIBBOR11

NIBBOR11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm out of it awhile & Tabee gets delusions of granduer. :) Just kidding Tabee.
    Congrats Dajuan on your promotion to CR.
    As this is the first I've been around in awhile, my how things change when you don't visit often. I find that these days I have less time online than I would like as my job & household responsibilities take priority. And one of these days I must make it to a meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.