main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Where The Wild Things Are (Starring Obi-wan and Siri, Humor, one-shot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Vongchild, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    This is a slight spoof of the children's book "Where the wild things are" and Obi-wan and Siri are somewhere between four and six. here goes.

Where the wild things are

Siri Tachi looked around the dormitory, wide awake even though it was 8:30 and long past the children's bedtime. A few last rays of winter sunlight streaked through the window, falling across the face of equally awake Obi-wan Kenobi. "Obi-wan," she hissed, sitting up, swinging her feet over the side of the cot, and slipping down onto the floor. She padded over in her footed sleepclothes and stood at the foot of his bed. "I hear something down the hall." Obi-wan sat up, blinked a few times, and listened. He heard it, too.

"What is it?" he asked, staring worriedly at the girl child. He pulled his bright red blanket, with its blue rocketship print, up over his head and peered out from under it. "Is it a monster?"

"That's stupid," Siri replied. "Monsters are for four year old babies. We're five. It's not monsters..." she stared at the open door, where pale yellow light poured into the room from, "I think. I think that its the wild things."

"The wild things?" Obi-wan asked, afraid. "Siri, what do wild things look like?"

"Well," she replied quietly, scrunching up her nose and showing her teeth, one of which was missing, "The have faces like this," she said, sticking out her tongue. Then she pointed to a spot somewhere above her head. "And they're this tall," and they walk around like this." She strode back and forth stiffly with her arms over her head, her fingers bent like claws. "And they live in a galaxy far away - and their faces are blue and their hands are green." She climbed onto Obi-wan's cot and leaned forward until their noses were nearly touching. "Do you want to see a wild thing, Obi-wan?"

He shook his head no violently.

"Did you know that on Ansion that means yes?" Siri asked him.

"It does not!" Obi-wan replied angrilly.

"Come on, Obi-wan," she said. "Don't be a baby." Siri jumped off the cot and stood insistently infront of him. She grabbed on of his arms at the elbow and pulled. "Let's go already!" At last, Obi-wan relented and followed her, dragging his blanket. They walked out into the hall.

By now, it was 8:45 and the main lights had gone off. Instead, thousands of tiny specks lit the halway dimly. "We gotta go to the wild galaxy," Siri said pointedly, grabbing a part of Obi-wan's blanket and wrapping it around herself. "We gotta go in our rocket ship."

"Siri, how long will it take to get there?" Obi-wan asked, pulling the blanket, and Siri, closer. Siri looked at him.

"I dunno," she said, "But I don't think it will take too long. Five minutes." Which, it so happened, was synonymous with an eternity when you have only lived five years. They started walking and slowly the familiar saffron-colored walls of the temple faded into a green jungle. Suddenly, Siri stopped him and motioned for him to listen. She pointed off into a black tunnel. "That way," she whispered, turning them down the hall. The jungle cleared and they were under a night sky, floating down a river in their rocket ship. Up ahead it got light. Shapes moved, holding torches.

"Wild things!" Obi-wan whispered. They inched forward and stared up at the creatures. Each one was about five feet tall, clothed in some sort of loose tunic and a loose pair of pants. In one hand they clutched a sack of some sort, in the other, the torches. Not lightsabers, Obi-wan realized, for they had no blade. Just an unconcentrated beam of light. A screen began to glow and all the wild things sat down. Sounds and lights and voices came from the screen, and some people on it started shooting at eachother and occasionally did something quite disgusting, they kissed. Obi-wan and Siri stared at eachother. Through the force, they shared a mutual thought. What kind of ceremony was this?

After a LONG while, the screen went dark and the wild things started to file off in diferent directions. Obi-wan stared up at their faces. Almost like human faces, though

2. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Ha vevy nice vongchild loved it, there does eem to be a lot of siriwan about now strange.

3. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Siriwan is popular now because people are realizing that Obidala is perverted!!!!! [face_hates_obidala]

4. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Siriwan is cool, but Obidala lets writers explore their creative side too.

Good story despite that Obidala comment.

5. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    [face-blush] sorry bout that.... *hides in a hole*

6. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

you no like obidala [face-sad] i think i'll set obi's wives on you hmm should i ?

7. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    Meep!!!!!!! No, there'll be no need for that!

8. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

i think i'll let you go but anymore obidala bashing and i'll tell them you're writing one and believe me ya don't want that kind of attention *ducks as another obi wife searchs for posts* anyway, i think your story was lighthearted and great.

9. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    have fun and I'm glad you liked it. phew! [face_swaetdrop]

10. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Forgiven.

11. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Have you ever thought of doing a storie ?

12. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I have thought of doing an obi/siri fic. Infact, I have a plot bunny right now, But Its a very Ill plot bunny that I need to nurse back to health, so it won't be up until I at least finish bottled anger.

Obi/Siri - its Siriwan with a / !!!!!! :p

13. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Give the bunnie my best wishs, i have the very same problem in face with a now dieing siriwan i'm writing *places sapping jobbers to siriwans chest*

14. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    My poor plot bunny... And my poor OC Jil Valinor....

15. ruffem

ruffem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Funny story. I liked it. However, me being a picky fanatic of Obi/Siri, I must point out that Siri is two years younger than Obi. Ok, I am done. Goodnesses of a story. And I agree. Obidala is just plain weird! Though I never read them, I fully support Ani/Padme fics.

16. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I know that and I usually stick to it, but for the sake of this, I made obi-wan a year younger and siri a year older.

17. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    *slaps thread up to top of forum*

18. padawan-grasshopper

padawan-grasshopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2004
    I have to agree with Obi-Wan and Siri's point of view. *wanders off singing songs from Peter Pan like "I Won't Grow Up"*

GREAT STORY!!!!!=D=

-Locus[face_alien_1]

19. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    I used to know how to sing that in hebrew... I don't anymore.

but "Yo ho yo ho Hiyae Pirat Bishvili!" is yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me.

20. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Very cute. :)

Five year olds definitely have an interesting take on the world/galaxy around them, don't they?

21. Vongchild

Apr 2, 2004
    LadyPadme- yes, they do.

I remember being five... :) Those were the days...

22. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Ha ha this is so typical five year old. *shakes head*
    I would know, as I sometimes work at my mums child care centre... its hell it is...

and this is so typical Obi-Wan and Siri, with Siri being the braver, more daring one.

haha wild things... so cute. :)

Thanks for the read.

23. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    "That's stupid," Siri replied. "Monsters are for four year old babies. We're five. It's not monsters..."

[face_laugh] Awww, adorable! [face_love]

24. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I loved this takeoff on one of my favorite stories!

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I love that even at such a young age Siri was teasing Obi-Wan and acting all bossy. Took a bit to find this fic but well worth it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.