main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where to begin again

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ArminTamzarian, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArminTamzarian

ArminTamzarian Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2002
    Hey all,

This is my first time on this board, but I know this will be the place, if any, where I can find the answer to my question.

So...I read all of the EU books when I was younger. I read from the Thrawn Trilogy all the way up through New Jedi Order. I read the first of that series and most of the second book before I sort of dropped off in my SW reading.

But I am ready to get back into the books. I just don't know where to start. The NJO seems a bit daunting, and I'm not so keen on re-reading the ones I have already read. I was wondering if there had been any other SW books that have been good, whether prequel or sequel. If anybody has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it. I would love to jump back into this literary world, but don't know where to begin.

P.S. I also read most of the Rogue Squadron books.

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    You'll probably have to reread the books you've already read at some point. But as to those you might not have read yet, without a list of all those you've actually read (saying you've read most of the X-wing series says to me you haven't read all the pre-NJO books out prior to the NJO), I'll have to wing it. Try Cloak of Deception, Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, The Phantom Menace, Rogue Planet, The Approaching Storm, Attack of the Clones, Shatterpoint, Tatooine Ghost, and Survivor's Quest. Also if you don't have a problem with the youth books, there's the Jedi Apprentice series, Jedi Quest series, and the Boba Fett series.

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Read Shatterpoint it is amazing!

4. dark_jedi666

dark_jedi666 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Finish reading the X-Wing novels.

Rogue Squadron
    Wedge's Gamble
    The Krytos Trap
    The Bacta War
    Wraith Squadron
    Iron Fist
    Solo Command
    Isard's Revenge
    Starfighters of Adumar

5. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    Don't worry about jumping into the NJO, I jumped in on Conquest (read Vector Prime), you will learn what you need from this forum.

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Read them all. In order.

7. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Someday I intend to read all the novels in order....

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Read them all. In order.

Geez, you sound like Bib. Read them all, if you can afford it.

9. Jedi_Padawan_Trex

Jedi_Padawan_Trex Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2004
    I'd recommend reading every NJO book after the one's you've already read. Both Dark Tide book are good, and the first Agents of Chaos(Hero's Trial) is excellent. I didn't think much of AoC Jedi Eclipse though. Conquest and Rebirth are good as well as Balance Point. Star by Star is, in my humble opinion, the best novel of the series that I've read so far(I'm up to the second Force Heretic book). Dark Journey is okay. I'll probably take much flak for this, but I'd recommend skipping Traitor. It's by far the worst book of the series that I've read. I'd skip right to Destiny's Way, which is number two after SbS. That's all i've read so far.

Shatterpoint is great for the prequel era too, as previously stated. Unique prospective and good action sequences, as well as points to think about. Can easily be coralated to our time, in my opinion.

10. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Read them all in chronological order.

11. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I agree, read them all in chronological order

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.