main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Where To Being?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by xdarthsmithiousx, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    I was wondering where would be a good place to start, when it comes to the novels. I have "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter", but I wanted to start at a better place. If any of you know any good ones, please let me know. Thanks-Jerry

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Siri (Jos - our Club Pres) swears by the Jedi Apprentice Books by Judith W. I have read them and they are absolutely fantastic. Lead up from QG and Obi to Obi and Ani...and now...into Obi's excile (sp) on Tatooine... I think you can't go wrong with them.

3. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Actually, I'll second that. I just discovered these books, which I'd avoided as "kids' books" and boy, was I wrong. Very well-written and engaging. I'm having more fun with them than most of the "adult" Star Wars fiction I've read over many a year.

Also, Master--Kenobi, have you picked up the first book in her latest series, set between ROTS and ANH? Powerful stuff.

4. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
    ps-the subject was supposed to be where to begin, not being, I was in a hurry.

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    lol np..figured it out!

And yes, Kai, Siri just picked up the one you are talking about. I got to read just a bit,, looks great! :)

6. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    It's very quietly heartbreaking, and spot-on. I really enjoyed it. I do, however, find it somewhat irritating that to find Star Wars books with real psychological development and decent dialogue--you have to go to the kids section of the bookstore.

WHY IS THAT!?!?!?!

7. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    Why do I have to watch a cartoon to see a REAL villain in Greivous, and any snippet of a female Jedi other than one who's ungracefully and easily falling over dead on the "Dr. Seuss" planet?

8. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Yeah, Aayla's death is pathetic in that scene. Slowest.Reaction.Time.Ever.

9. mrcottonsparrot

mrcottonsparrot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 26, 2004
    Why the kids section?

Probably because the "Young Jedi Academy" books are written by Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta, who are two dear friends and fantastic authors. There ya go, that's why.

Anyway as far as COMICs and graphic novels go, I just got "Star Wars: Visionaries" -- RUN, DO NOT WALK and go buy this!!! It has GREAT short stories, art essays, etc. I think my favorite art gallery page is the Star Destroyer Drydock on the Death Star, and my favorite story the 'diary' of one of the Hoth fighters. Poignant and well drawn.

Caryn B.

10. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    My mom used to be Kevin Anderson's boss at LLNL.

*grin* Small universe, eh?

- Kai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.