main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Where to buy Star Wars model kits in Singapore?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by tashimonk, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tashimonk

tashimonk Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2005
    hi friends
    I have been thinking a lot, and doing CGI at this stage for my fan film might demand too much from my limited 3D modeling skills.

So I've decided to go "old school", and shoot touched up models against the bluescreen (the same studio I will be using anyway for the cast parts).

I have searched ToysRUs (most branches), Seiyu & Bugis, other independent SW and model kit shops I know (not many), and also the China Square Central shops upstairs.

Although there are ready-made SW ships of all types (some look like second hand and old!), there aren't any model kits, which I can assemble and paint myself, plus install custom lighting kit inside.

Can anyone point me to some shops to purchase from? "Hacking" those ready-made SW ships (Tie fighters, sith and so on) might be quite tough as well. So prefer those fresh model kits I can assemble and install my own circuitry inside.

Any advice kind friends?

bless
    tashi

PS - I just lost a large client job, so being "unemployed" right now, have time to tinker with model kits for my film for a week (Sun 13 November onwards). Any kind advice is really very very much appreciated.

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    There's a shop at Katong Shopping Centre, somewhere on the 2nd floor, near the photocopying shops... not sure of the exact shop name or unit number... maybe TK-625 can help with that... the last time I was there, I saw some Star Wars model kits there that you can just snap together without even using any glue.

3. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Yeah I used to go to that Hobby shop too, but I can't remember the name. I actually bought a old TIE-fighter model a very long time ago. I'm pretty sure they still have some old Star Wars model sets.

:)

4. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    I want to get the Venator Star Destroyer model!!!! Thining of ordering it from online from some UK Shops :p

And yeah, take a look at this: http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Ft-One-of-a-Kind-LEGO-STAR-WARS-REBEL-ATTACK-CRUISER_W0QQitemZ6022866702QQcategoryZ19009QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

5. tashimonk

tashimonk Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2005
    hi bro Fingolfin_Noldor
    Thanks for your note! I actually finished my humble 6-minute film. First, I used stop motion with scale models, and then realized it didn't work very well. So I went to learn the basics of 3D, and used some meshes to re-render in 3D. So no longer used the scale models in my finished film.

thanks and bless
    tashi

6. Darth_Andeddu

Darth_Andeddu Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2005
    :eek::eek::eek:I WANT!!! But is it really Rebel Attack Cruiser though...?

7. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    It's supposed to be the Jedi Attack Cruiser or Republic Star Destroyer or more appropriately, the Venator class Star Destroyer.

They messed up the names.

8. JaZzYjaZZ

JaZzYjaZZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Darth_Andeddu - Well it's a one of a kind model and specially made. But I do hope Lego will come up with the UCS model in the coming years!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.