Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Games: TCG' started by JangoFett316, Mar 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey everyone. I live in southern California and have been looking for the newer sets (A New Hope) and they are nowhere to be seen. I was able to get what I could of AOTC and Sith Rising when they were out, but now it seems like noone is supplying the game anymore. Not even the local dealers at Frank & Sons have them. The only place I've been able to locate them is in a Wizards store in Las Vegas, and even they said it was their last shipment of ANH...

Does anybody know of anywhere in southern California that you can find these cards?
    Thanks for your help.
  2. SithDooku Jedi Master

star 4
    Have you tried your local Targets, Wal-Marts, or TRU'S?
  3. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, multiple times. That's mostly where I picked up the first couple sets. Wal-Mart, Target, Suncoast, Gamestop, all the places that used to carry it stopped.
  4. RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus

star 2
    You may be forced to go on-line. Potomac Distribution or eBay may be your only options.

There are a couple of decent ANH and BoY booster box auctions on eBay. Potomac isn't (currently) charging for shipping, but your order must be a minimum of $100.

I think retailers are making a HUGE mistake by forecasting sales for the Trilogy sets based on the Prequel sets. I also think WotC should have created an ANH Starter set to bring in new blood that would have been resistant to picking up the AotC sets.

It was mentioned at Rebelbasers that Magic didn't kick off with a huge bang either, but steadily increased its popularity as time went on. The SW:TCG will probably need at least another year before we'll really see its longevity.

Now is a GREAT time to get into the game, especially since you can buy BOXES of AotC and SR for $25-30.
  5. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Retailers are weird, it can't sell if they don't have it in stock.

I think we should all start boycott anyone that WON'T sell it. They shouldn't get our other business. I mean, how hard is it to pick up a booster box or two at a time if they are worried about overstock?
  6. SithDooku Jedi Master

star 4
    LET THE BOYCOTT BEGIN! [face_devil]
  7. jedi_knight22 Jedi Master

star 2
    Try your local comic book store, that's where I get mine. You can also buy online.
  8. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
  9. SithDooku Jedi Master

star 4
    That stinks Ben, but... when I order cards online I use Money Orders. I takes more time but its worth it since I don't have a credit card.

SD-
  10. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
  11. katha Force Ghost

star 2
    I've been having the same problem finding any at local stores like Walmart and K-mart.. This last week I finally found some at Target and Toys R Us... Target had a few AOTC and tons of ANH while Toys R Us had a good number of AOTC for half the price on them (which was already lower than normal.. I think) I also frequent a comic book/card stor.. which up until a few days ago didn't have anything but a couple of 2player starters and some loose cards... This time the guy had a box of SR boosters and some ANH starters.. I bought 2 starters and a few boosters along with a bunch of loose cards (TCG and CCG) and managed to only spend $35.00 (I got a few TCG cards for free :D )
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.