main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where to commission Jedi undertunic?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Liobu, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liobu

Liobu Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2010
    Hey guys.

I have just purchased a custom made Jedi costume, and it came with a mock tunic instead of a full undertunic. I have decided that this irritates me constantly, so I want to commission someone to make me an undertunic.

The only place I know of is Twin Rose, and they want $45 and then 22 bucks for shipping, which is not in my price range.

Would anyone be interested in making one for me-- or, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, what do you think would be a reasonable price for this?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Would a karate gi substitute for an undertunic?...

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    A gi I think would be way too thick and hot, truthfully. For the undertunic, you want something incredibly light, since you're already wearing heavier outer robes.

3. Liobu

Liobu Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2010
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I was looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/Karate-Uniform-Light-Weight-White/dp/B0000DBAMU

The review says:
    "I'm still happy I purchased this item, but it is tissue thin.

If you're looking for a really thin gi jacket (for say, summer), I'd recommend this one. I would not say it would last 30 seconds at Judo as tt doesn't seem to be built to take punishment. As a light weave that is to be expected, but when this takes "light" to a new meaning... "

Do you think this would work? I was worried that the 'v' would be too far down, and go under the tunic.

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Depends on the weight of the gi. You'd probablly want the light-weight karate gi instead of the heavy-weight judo gi.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Well if this is supposed to be for the under-tunic (which should close higher up since the outer tunic will have a deeper neck), I'd recommend something different, since I'm afraid you wouldn't even be able to see that one.

6. Liobu

Liobu Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2010
    What would be a good undertunic, do you think? The gi was the only thing I can think of. I'd heard someone mention a v-neck shirt, but I am trying to get as authentic as possible.

7. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I would take that half dickie thing (mock under tunic), and simply sew it to a comfortable t-shirt. A lot of Rebel Legion Jedi do this, as I have been told.

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.