main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where to find Star Wars collectibles in DC?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by cadillac55, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadillac55

cadillac55 Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2005
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to this board, and I'm going to visit the DC area from Sweden. We don't have alot of Star Wars in Sweden, so I want to pick up some stuff while I'm there. Where are some good places to get Star Wars collectibles and t-shirts and stuff like that?

Thanks,
    -Henrik

2. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Best places to look would be Toys R Us, Target, Walmart and KB toys it will be worth to check out each of their sites I have listed and check out their store locator to see where the stores are located in DC mind you america at the moment with star wars is going through what I call a ""phase"" some of the shops I have listed there could have like 20 of the same ROTS figure and a couple of other other figures on the shelves or you could be lucky and hit the jackpot where they could have a great selection to buy from.
    Happy hunting on your holiday [face_peace]
    skywalker_1982

3. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    You might try the DC fanforce. Its one of the bigger ones and I'm sure that they will be able to tell you specifically what and where ;)

4. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    Right out side of George Town there is a toy shop called Sullivans Toy shop, something along those lines, it is pretty cool in there

5. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    The "DC area" is a very large region, I think you might want to be a bit more specific when trying to find places to buy SW collectibles.

6. Republic_Trooper

Republic_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Try the Fair Lakes shopping center in Fairfax, Virginia(a suburb of DC)It is located at Interstate-66 and the Fairfax County Parkway. There is a very large Toys"R"Us, a Target, and a Wal-Mart, all in the same shopping center. There is also a large mall nearby with a KB Toys in it. Check out this private message.

7. cadillac55

Aug 10, 2005
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for all the replies!

I said "DC Area" because, I'm going to be staying in Fairfax/Springfield/Burke, but my girlfriend and I are willing to drive around pretty much anywhere in the area to get some good Star Wars stuff.

I'm looking for some high-quality replicas, busts, figurines, stuff like that. Not really into the toys [except for the Unleashed figures] :) There's not much Star Wars stuff in Sweden, and when we do get it, its REALLY expensive. So I want to take advantage of all the US has to offer while I'm out there!!!

Fair Lakes, my gf just went out there to the Walmart and picked up 4 Star Wars t-shirts for me for $5 each! You can't even get ONE t-shirt for the price she got all 4 of them! I'm definately going to the Fair Lakes!

-Henrik

8. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Fair Lakes is nice since it has Target, Wal Mart and TRU right there grouped together.

I would try the mall in Georgetown though, they have a good sized toy store in there.

9. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    There used to be a great couple of stores by the name of Another Universe at Springfield Mall and Fair Oaks Mall, unfortunately they folded and I have not found any other good sci-fi collectible stores in NOVA. I lived in Springfield, but haven't spent much more time than a long weekend at any one time since 2000.

10. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    There used to be a great couple of stores by the name of Another Universe at Springfield Mall and Fair Oaks Mall, unfortunately they folded and I have not found any other good sci-fi collectible stores in NOVA. I lived in Springfield, but haven't spent much more time than a long weekend at any one time since 2000.

11. cadillac55

Aug 10, 2005
    Yes, my GF also told me about Another Universe. She tried to go there a couple weeks ago and found out it was closed. Thats the kind of store I'm looking for....anyone know of anything like that that is still open??

Thanks!
    -Henrik

12. Rebel_Spook

May 14, 2002
    You might want to try Burke Center Books (they are a comic shop that has had plenty of busts, statues, etc. in the past, but haven't been in a while) in Fairfax. Also, look to see if Ron's Collectors World in Annandale and Phoenix Comics are still around. Never been to Ron's or Phoenix, but they came up in a Yellow Page search for around Springfield. When you get 'States-side, you can call around and see who has what you are looking for.

EDIT-- Came across this site, I can't say too much about it as I just found it and some of the information looks like it might be out of date, but as it has lists for all 50 States and International, it looks to be a decent starting point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.