main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON where to get decent leather boots

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DaleSabers, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I'm giving up on the pair of boots I purchased last summer and I'm looking for a new pair of boots. Anyone know of any good places to get replacements? I'm not ordering from the same company I ordered from last year but it was rediculous of what I was charged extra when it was delivered to me. It was only suppose to cost me 40 but I ended up paying an additional 75. So if i'm going to spend 115 dollars on a pair of boots I want them to last.

2. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Usually I have really good luck with Value Village, but lately they don't have anything. Unless you wear size 6 ladies. I would suggest looking at places that sell riding boots (English style) if you want pull on boots, or motorcycle boots, if you want ones that tie or buckle up.

3. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    have you tried TSC?

4. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    whats TSC?

5. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    TSC stores are home hardware, farming, hunting, gardening, outdoors stores. There's a clothing section as well. Great store, so happy there's one in London.

6. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I think there is 3.
    Dundas across from Canadian tire.
    Warncliff & Wounderland.
    And one in the north that I don't know the location somewhere near Hyde Park.

7. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    It's on Hyde Park, just south of Gainsborough. That's the one I normally go to.

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    If you want top of the line boots go to 'GreenHawk' harness & equestrian supplies. It will cost you $300+ for good English riding boots.

there in Lambeth, 4357 Colonel Talbot Rd. 519-652-9768.

9. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    found a really great pair at leather country this morning. Really jedi/sith style

10. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I've been to leather country and they don't sell English boots only western. It's not the same.

11. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    they don't just sell western boots and not all jedi/sith boots are english style. Mauls boots were motorcycle boots. I found a really nice pair and I'm gonna get them on my next paycheck

12. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Your not Darth Maul!

So stop making excusess. You always have to complane. Try to help you out and you bitch.

13. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    i'm not bitching and plus your not being helpful. I know that most jedi wear english style boots but you always forget that my jedi is from the ancient times so I don't have to keep the same styles as the prequel jedi.

14. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    It's not my fault that you picked some obscure character that no one knows.
    Besides it would make sence that Lucas would pick Engish boots because they were a common millitary boots. For the Empire the tall black boots helped to instill fear. ex. the German SS. While the brown created a romantic view for the Jedi to make you like them better. ex. the prince charming romance novels.

15. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    right and thats why at fan expo i saw a couple of zayne carricks and jaraels from the comics.

16. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    For my costume, you can't see the boots anyway, so I just guessed. I have 2 pairs of nice leather ankle boots that I got a TenderTootsie. I wear them as winter boots anyway, so they're very well broken in and comfortable. I can do anything with them, including running and shovelling snow!

17. darthsolvo

darthsolvo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2007
    for my costume i used a found a sweet pair of riding boots for like half price

i would suggest some of the shops downtown there is one near heros (not the sex shop but the one after it) and they have some boots in the back there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.