main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where to hold C4 poll

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by jediseanUF, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSTAR71

JSTAR71 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Joe knows best!!!LA=hot and sweaty stormtroopers which may cause itchy trigger fingers.Hope their blasters are set to stun only or it may be baked penguin.My species does not do well in extreme heat.

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    6. Celebration II and III showed the Convention can handle the crowds

You're kidding, right? There's nothing like 3 lines going into rooms coming from the same hallway.

3. joesdomain

joesdomain Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2006
    I was referring to the fact it can hold the numbers of fans because Gen Con did one thing wrong. They did not lease the RCA Dome at the same time. Problem solved with crowds if you have RCA Dome leased with Indiana Convention Center. The people who keep saying the crowds and lines were bad were right for that reason. Gecon is hosting Gen Con Indy this year and every year through 2010 at Indiana Convention Center. Cool thing about future Celebration locations. Indy is getting a bigger convention center starting with demolition of RCA Dome in August, 2008 and completion date is March 2010. Lucas Oil Stadium will replace RCA Dome. Lucas Oil Stadium with be attached with Convention Center by underground walkway. The city is in the process of selecting designs for a Convention Center hotel attached to the Convention Center by a skywalk.

The conrad Hotl just opened in April this year. I believe another hotel is opening next year in downtown. I think the Indy International Airport is getting a new control tower, parking garage, hotel and terminal. I think there will be plenty of new things coming up for Indy to host future star wars celebrations.

4. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    I dont want it in LA or Indy(la no go and indy been there done that).I want it in st.louis so we can wear our costumes to a baseball game and watch everyone freak out.

5. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Another good reason for Indy!

6. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    What I heard about LA's weather during April and May is hot and humid. Indy is average. Usually high's in 60's and low's around 50 for May! The weather is good this year except for rain the next 4 days. My favorite season here in Indiana is spring. Not to hot! No humid termperatures! Good reasons for Indy especially for fans that like to wear costumes.

7. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    I hate LA, but one thing it is not is hot and humid... especially in May. It's always 70 degrees. Indiana, however, has God awful weather year-round. I lived in Ohio for the first 20 years of my life...I know how bad it is in the midwest.

8. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    To be honest, No place has stable weather during April or May because of spring. It eithers rains, snows, storms, tornados, hurricanes someplace in the country. Weather is not a factor when choosing a good location in my opinion. Location is #1 factor on most people's mind. I am talking about easy acess via air or car for the majority of the US fans. That would be a central place. #2 would be a city with a large convention center that can handle it. That limits the number of cities to three in my opinion. Indianapolis, Chicago, or St. Louis! I think a larger city would make it harder for fans to find hotels, restaurants, and the convention center. That eliminates Chicago for sure and probably St. Louis. Indy is a medium size city 13th in population in the US with only 800,000 people. #3 would be enough hotels close to the convention center. The hotels are right around the Indiana Convention Center connected by skywalks. Plus there is at least one parking garage and the Circle Center Mall right next door if you want to shop or eat.

9. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    Gee Joe it seems your not willing to compromise at all.Im all for haveing it in Indy too since I live in Louisville Ky but if its in St Louis,Nashville,Atlanta,Orlando,Chicago,Cinn.,just not in LA.Gotta give a little since the reality is its not going to be in Indy I worked the last celebration and it was told to us that it would not be held there again.Its not fair to the rest of the country to always be the ones to pay for plane tickets,etc.If anyone could tell us it would be in Indy or not it would be the IndyKnights can you contact them?

10. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    I heard some of the comments about not returning to Indy at CIII but disagreed with them at the time. Also, how do you reconcile what you heard from those working there with Rick McCallum's recent comments as reported on this website?

Celebration 4 - Rick digged Indy, wouldn't mind going back. Mentions another "celebration" possible around a big anniversary next year.

11. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    I agree.But I dont think Rick runs the show,thats just his thoughts on Indy.I hope it is in Indy.

12. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    Ok Jstar, I will give one to you. I would go if they had the Star Wars Celebration 4 in Louisville, KY but I heard there isn't a large convention center there. I might go if it were in Cincinnati, OH too. St. Louis, Minneapolis, MN, Detriot, MI and Chicago, IL are too far for me.

13. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    It's only a 5 hour drive from Indy to St. Louis, 3 hours to Chicago, and 2 hours to Louisville. If I only had to go 5 hours to get to C4, I'd be first in line for buying passes!

14. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    If I am the only one going to a star wars convention because I have no one else to go. I wouldn't drive 5 hours straight starting from Indy and going to St. Louis. You would fall asleep at the wheel or something. Plus Indianapolis is alot smaller and easier to drive through than St. Louis or Chicago. Alot less traffic than either one.

15. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Man, I drove more than 9 hours straight with nothing more than an occasional fast food, leg stretch, and gasoline break, and did that twice in 5 days. 5 hours is nothing! Heck, the trip from college to my parents' house took 4+ hours, and I'd do that twice in less than 48 hours!

16. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    I vote for Chicago

17. LadyLessa

LadyLessa Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2005
    I would drive to St. Louis and it is about a 9 hr trip for me. I drove 4 hrs from my house here in Ohio to my son's house in Ky., just picked him up and drove for 6 more hrs just to get to Indy for CII. And did the same thing on the trip home. (And I did all this after just losing my mom 2 weeks before-she wanted my son and I to go to CII). I don't regret doing all that driving as I enjoyed CII.

18. joesdomain

Feb 14, 2006
    I have heard alot of good response about Indy hosting CII and CIII. A few people complained about long lines and the weather. But any convention has long lines. You can't blame Gen Con or Indy for the weather. Mother Nature can't be controlled in any city. hehe! I think Indy is fair central place to have it. Having it in Orlando, Boston, or New York would favor the east coast! Having it in LA, Las Vegas, Seattle, Anahiem, San Diego, San Fransico, Las Vegas favors the west coast. They would transportation hardships for the opposite coast. Having it in
    Atlanta, Dallas, Houston or San Antonio would favor the southern US. Having it in Detriot, Chicago, Minneappolis would favor the northern states. Central is the best way to be fair to Star wars fans in gemeral. Indy is the logical and best choice.

19. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Here you go:

[image=http://www.nwoutdoorgrrl.com/images/uploads/2001DeadHorse_333x500.jpg]

The perfect whine.

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    [image=http://travel.discovery.com/destinations/australia/photogallery/gallery/cheese.jpg]

21. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Mar 17, 2006
    More good reasons for Indy!

22. JSTAR71

Apr 29, 2003
    Joe-you wouldnt go if it was in chicago and you live in Indiana?That would be 5 and a half hours for me from ky I would leave right now for that.

23. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    I grow weary of reading this same stuff everyday. Why do I do it?

Please make an official announcement LFL. Pretty please.

24. yodakarma

yodakarma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    I am one of those everyday checkers as well. I am just so anxious to make vacation plans. Probably a plane flight is in my future..

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    ditto. I want to book my hotel then start worrying about paying for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.