main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Where was Snoke during the OT

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by NakkyGraphics, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    That's a popular theory. I doubt he'd be that though, but with the inquisitors...it's possible.

2. Cedius

Cedius Jedi Padawan

Dec 14, 2015
    Where is it stated that Snoke is not a sith? I very well believe he could be without damaging the integrity of the OT.

3. Darth Dobrolous

Darth Dobrolous Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2016
    A Dark Jedi aligned with the Sith and the Empire perhaps?

A Sith revivalist?

4. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

The filmmakers have said in interviews that Kylo is not a Sith, for whatever that's worth. Not sure if we've heard the same about Snoke.

5. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Taking a snoke break.

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It has never been explicitly stated that Snoke is not a Sith, to my knowledge. Kylo was stated by J.J. to not be a Sith, and the visual dictionary says that he isn't a Sith, but one of a new kind of Dark Side user that is filling the vacuum left by the Sith.

So it's just implied that Snoke isn't a Sith, if there is a "vacuum" left by the Sith and if Snoke's apprentice isn't Sith. When J.J. said Kylo wasn't Sith, he also mentioned that he served Snoke who was powerful in the Dark Side. I think just by association, it's suggestive that Snoke is not a Sith. He could be an ex-Sith, or ex-Jedi, or something new altogether, but even if he is an ex-Sith, it doesn't seem like he is interested in restoring the Sith, and instead seeks to create something new.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Silent Android

Silent Android Jedi Master star 1

Jan 1, 2016

Yoda says: "A sense of humor, you have not."

8. MidKnighT

MidKnighT Force Ghost star 4

May 23, 2005
    If Snoke is not a Sith than maybe he was hiding himself from Palpatine would would have killed/destroyed him as a potential rival.

Once Palpatine is dead Snoke is free to emerge from the shadows.

9. isdblues

isdblues Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2015
    No idea where he's been hiding. Although I'd love it if the hologram was exactly that - a hologram of a random alien so Snoke can hide in plain sight. Could Phasma be Snoke? ;-)

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Palpatine didn't become Emperor until after The Clone Wars, nor did Anakin become Vader until afterward. According to Wookieepedia, Snoke was active during TCW. And depending on his age, if he were hypothetically a Jedi Padawan during TCW, that could make him in his 60s-70s. But if he is an especially long lived alien, by either natural or unnatural means, he could be hundred's of years old, which means that he could have been around when the Sith were themselves in hiding. So unless he was just a child during Palpatine's rise to power, then I can't imagine he was hiding from Palpatine, since he was nowhere to be found even before Palpatine grabbed power.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    He was indisposed.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I hope not. The look of Kylo Ren is really cool, so why mess with that? The lightsaber design matches the attire, too. It's like giving Vader a new look because he'll be in a new movie...doesn't need to be.

13. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I think there's got to be some connection between Snoke and Vader and Sidious for Snoke to know certain things about what happened on DS 2, unless maybe Luke told him what happened.

Dameron and Darth Blade like this.
  14. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    Darth Tenebrous was Plaguies' master, way before Palpatine and way before PT.

15. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Excellent point.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

Wookieepedia, a place that anyone can edit. That's not a reliable source.

17. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    the most logical explanation is that all sequels characters are midgets playing behind the shadows of the giants the galaxy once had.

Perhaps he was a force user who had no chance at all against sidious or vader, or the old jedis. So he just stayed under the radar.

Now with only a single jedi, who has never seen all the big picture, has never been fully trainned, and who was trainning new "jedis" with all the deficiencies his lack of full knowledge brings, made this cockroach brave enough to appear from under the carpet to trick lukes more promising learner.

And even now he is still afraid of Luke

Im traying to play some LOTR here... sequels being like the end of the third age. Sauron, evil and powerful as he is, wasnt more than a servent of the once all mighty Melkor. While Aragorn, still a dunedain, and greater than all fellow men, was nothing compared to the great numenoreans he came from.

Starting frome there, maybe thats what awakening means. To start again, from a low point, for all force users. The cicle who had its highest point at the end of the old republic (yoda, mace, sidious, anakin, etc) starts again. Lots of things lost, have to be rediscovered, and relearnt, to reach the level of power the galaxy once had.

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah it occurred to me watching it the first time that Snoke could be this wizard of oz type character that uses this big hologram an he's really just this small Yoda-size dark sider.

Sable de luz likes this.
  19. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    Snoke was an imperial dignitary. He was laying low and biding his time. After Endor, he made his move.

20. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    He's been in the Unknown Regions for eons IMO.

21. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Well there is this theory, music based.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Hmmm, looking at a logical point of view, I think Snoke must have been one of the Emperor's right-hand men who advice him on various matters pertaining to the Empire. And does not see it fit to be in the frontline, but letting Palpatine be the face of the Empire instead.

Only after the death of Palpatine as well as the fall of the Empire, did Snoke decide to make his move and subsequently set up the First Order in the UR, in defiance of the peace treaty signed between the New Republic and what's left of the Empire.

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

23. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    It did have a source cited, but apparently that mention has been edited out of his article. So who knows.

Edit: Here someone says something similar and cites the novelization (which I've not read)

http://patrickgarone.blogspot.com/2016/01/the-force-awakens-who-is-snoke.html?m=1

24. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    Wasn't he busy doing Jersey Shore then?

ewoksimon likes this.
  25. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Twiddling his thumbs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.