main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where We Go from Here

Discussion in 'Archive: Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by ChDetPiavra, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChDetPiavra

ChDetPiavra Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2001
    Fandomenacers:

Ok, so emotions were running high after the premiere, and things did not go as planned, to say the absolute least. It would be easy to throw in the towel and wallow around in our own disappointment.

But that would be counterproductive and self-fulfilling. And I know this group will not let this setback bring us down. We have triumphed over tougher odds before. This time is no different.

So the question remains. Where do we go from here? Let me offer two suggestions. First, we start planning our next event: the premier of Men in Black II. I have already started putting together some preliminary ideas for discussion. Second, let's encourage each other. Remember, everyone you know has an invisible sign on their forhead that reads, "Treat me special." Let's do our best to make that happen.

Folks, this is where the Fandomenace needs people to step up to the duties of their office, to shake off the dirt and go to work. It is easy to lead when the goings are good, but it is much more worth it to be a leader when the going gets tough. Well, right now, it's tough. What are YOU going to do about it?

Let's go do it!

2. Ruzuk_the_devestator

Ruzuk_the_devestator Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2002
    damn right Chris. I really don't know how the legalities of camping out and stuff works, but next time we should have a sort of informal contract. did you know that you can sue muvico if they promised verbally that you could camp out and you accepted, and there were witnesses to this? not trying to be a lawyer, i just have a legal aspects of business class so i know about contracts and stuff. anyways, the MIB II idea is wunderful. This is exactly what we need to get our spirits up. are we going to dress up and stuff? and if we're doing it for MIB II, why not for Minority Report, i mean that would be cool. I don't know if you guys are Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter fans, but maybe we can dress up for those too (but thats too far away). GOOD IDEA nonetheless!!! But i think we should have a meeting at sawgrass or wherever we're going to be dressing up before we actually go to the premier, you know, scope the location out and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.