main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Where were Luke and Leia born?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by huttese1138, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    You would be surprised at the number of times I've read discussions where people argue that something from one of the films was `wrong' based on something they read in a comic book.(shudders at the thought)

2. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Going back to Huttese's point about Luke's name,I wonder what would have happened had Luke actually applied at the academy.I mean,it's not like a new guy named Skywalker who had a great aptitude as a pilot would go unnoticed by either Vader or Palpatine.

I have another question:Do you all think that Owen Lars knew that Anakin had become Vader?In ANH,he seemed to know,but it was hard for me to tell if he really knew the truth or not.Maybe he was like luke and he knew Obi-Wan's version of the truth.(?)

3. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I think the only people that know are Obi-Wan and Yoda, and I don't think they find out right away. I have a huge theory on this, but there are some spoilers, so I will have to talk to you-idgie-at the next meeting.

4. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Huttese, you're scaring me with how alike our theories on this are! Yet another reason why ESB is the best of the OT - tangible connections to the prequels.

Idgie - my comments on the EU were meant in fun. As much as I do love the novels, I would never argue that they held more weight that the films. IMO, canon is films first, then radio dramas, then comics and books.

Midnight Guard - I meant to reply to one of your posts on Yahoo regarding the X-Wing books. They are my all time favorites! I re-read them on a regular basis and can't wait to meet Aaron Allston at CII. I'm taking SofA to be signed. I'd love to hear about your conversation with Stackpole!

Regards,
    M.

5. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Huttese-I will look forward to hearing your theories,spoilers and all.

Mirax-I know you weren't being serious,it's cool.Sometimes I think I'm too opinionated for my own good.

I remember reading somewhere a while back that there was some kind of order to what's considered canon.I think it goes movies,then scripts,then movie novelizations,then radio dramas.

6. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Thats just about the order I would take it.

7. StealthTrooperSTC019

StealthTrooperSTC019 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    I still stand by my initial comments, although Idgie, I believe you took them wrongo.
    1- I never said Obi-Wan LIVES with the Lars. I mearly stated that Owen "kicks him out" of Luke's life.
    2- I don't know how you got the idea of a love triangle from Obi-Wan and Padme meeting up on the "volcano planet". I inserted that as a statement to put all the characters in one place.
    3- Who knows when Anakin falls to the dark side, does he have to be Darth Vader first, Noooo. He falls to the Dark side, they hide away the kids' birth, Obi-Wan "disposes" of him, then he becomes Darth Vader when he is "rescued" by the Emperor.

I agree with F&B on the name thing. How can you hide with the last name Skywalker on the same planet where Anakin lived? Just how many Skywalkers could there be in the Galactic Census Records??? (hehehe)

Idgie, I implore you to read the EU and take some of it as canon. Lucas (the Corporation) has *some* control over what is put into the books. The Thrawn Trilogy was supposed to have Obi-Wan be the mad clone jedi, not C'Baoth. Lucas nixed that idea.

And Finally... Yes it was the Black Fleet Crisis, and it was the Current that Padme was supposed to know how to be in touch with.....

8. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Sorry,I got the impression from your posting that you were implying the dreaded love triangle.My mistake.

With all due respect to fans of the EU,I have totally and completely sworn off the EU.What EU I have read has been ridiculous at the least,and at its worst downright offensive.I won't give titles so as not to offend anyone(anymore than I probably already have).I know that there are many here who are passionate about the EU and have found much within its pages that has enriched their SW experiences and I can respect that.

However,I am not one of those people.

Although I will admit that some of the prequel EU has been less offensive.I read `Shadow Hunter' and`The Approaching Storm' and I did enjoy those.

9. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    I guess I get into the EU alot because it makes for good ideas in developing RPG campaigns more than anything. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy alot of the novels but some of them definetely make me want to say "what the heck were they smoking when they wrote this?"

10. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Tatooine is as good as any place to hide Luke. After Episode 2, Anaking will never want to revisit again.

11. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    It's like hiding in plain sight.

12. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Sometimes things in plain site are the hardest to see...Leia being Vaders daughter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.