main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Where were you when you heard about SW Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Force Smuggler, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Where were you when you heard about about Episode 7?
    What were you doing when you heard about Episode 7?
    etc. etc.

I was sitting in a chair in my family room looking through my newsfeed on Facebook and scrolled past a TheForce.net post saying Disney bought LucasFilm and new Star Wars film was coming out in 2015.

How about everyone else?

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    I just got up from a nap. Looked online. Saw the headline "Disney buys LFL, Making Episode 7" on Facebook. My immediate reaction was that it was some kind of April Fools' Day joke, even though I simultaneously knew that had to be impossible because the month was October.

CaptainRegor, Echo-07 and Padme501st like this.
  3. Darth_Martus

Darth_Martus Jedi Knight star 1

May 11, 2011
    As I said in the other thread. I was in the cinema watching Skyfall and my phone lit up with texts messages. I was convinced my friends had grouped together to play a cruel joke on me.

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Reading about Lucas' old plans for the Sequel Trilogy.

Really.

Lord Tuvitor and Echo-07 like this.
  5. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Lacwac

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I will never forget. When that second plane went into the building, I thought "This moment is going to change our lives forever". And, then when they finally collapsed... oh, sorry... you were asking when I heard the life altering news about a movie... I was online here, conveniently.

7. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    At work. Got a Skype from a co-worker with a link. Thought it was an Onion article at first. Still kind of in shock.

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    At work, on Facebook. I work hard for the money.

Echo-07 likes this.
  9. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I was on the PT boards. I went to look at Community and someone had posted a link to the announcement from Theforce.net front page. Went and read that then checked Google news.

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Riveting stuff.

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I was having lunch with Christopher Nolan and Joss Whedon, discussing the Perfect Strangers reboot the three of us are working on. It's going to be dark and gritty and hilarious.

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    When I first read that post I was in shock. I couldn't believe it. The Disney thing caught me by surprise. I've been hoping for new movies for ages and to see it actually happen was numbing

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I was on IGN reading about some failed Tom Hanks John Orloff project and as I reached the bottom of the article I saw the announcement that Lucasfilm was bought out and new trilogy planned. I thought it was some wild crazy rumor until I googled it and saw that it was all over the internet!

Echo-07 likes this.
  14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I was at my super secret hiding place at work (so I can use my BlackBerry when on the clock) looking through my Facebook news feed... spent the rest of the shift trying not to run around happily.

Echo-07 and Padme501st like this.
  15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I was on Wookieepedia for the first time in a while.
    I saw "Sequel Trilogy" under Recent Wiki Activity.
    Laughed and said to myself, "Nothing's changed, the sequels are dead."
    Saw the Disney info. Laughed more. I thought it was a joke.

At first I was disappointed that more movies were going to be made and that the franchise wasn't ending like I hoped it was.
    That lasted about five seconds.
    Been on a high ever since.

Echo-07 likes this.
  16. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Getting out of the shower. So I was naked when I heard about Episode VII.

/thread :cool:

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I was walking past my dad's computer when he told me Disney bought Star Wars, and I came over, he being not as big as a fan as I am, didn't read the article and made me wait till he was off. But while I was looking at the article he was pointing to, it said something about a new trilogy. I just laughed,but started pondering how a new trilogy would look. And it wasn't till later that night, I found out how true the article was.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I was at my Aunt's house, downstairs in her basement. At first I thought it was some kind of joke, I already heard on the radio Lucas's deal with Disney but defiantly did not expect this.

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    At work. One of my coworkers had just heard the news on NPR. I KNEW he was lying or had heard wrong.

I went home during break, and it was true. My head is still spinning. And continues to every time I wake up.

20. Ron Fett

Ron Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Was in the campus library supposed to be writing a paper when I accidentally stumbled upon an article that I thought was a cruel, sick joke.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i was down on the tracks, eating a high powered locomotive piece by piece, after i had just derailed it with my penis.

22. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Sir, there is a thread for this already...

23. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I was on NBCnews.com about to look into articles on the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy when I saw the headline that Georege Lucas was selling Lucasfilm to Disney. I quickly went to the story and was thrown into a state of mixed disbelief/jubilation/concern for a while, I'm still excited and energized by these revelations, but no longer concerned--all party's involved don't want to screw this up.

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. ObiWanandonly

ObiWanandonly Jedi Padawan

Sep 23, 2012
    That show was awesome

25. JediMJS

JediMJS Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I was trying to do homework. I got a text about the announcement. Homework was left undone.

Echo-07 likes this.