main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Social Where were you when you heard about SW Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Force Smuggler, Nov 1, 2012.

1. LWSwann

LWSwann Jedi Padawan

Nov 1, 2012
    University library (UCLAN, UK) (study room) with Greengreatwarrior - Working on a current student film. He blurted out "Star Wars, Disney, 2015, Episode VII" or something to that nature. I replied "**** off" - he showed me. The room fell silent.

Please star out the whole word.

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I was at work, and just happened to scroll past a news feed about Episode VII which caught my attention...not much work got done after.

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. black_saber

black_saber Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I was on the phone with my dad and heard about it when I was home in my room then I was jumping around yelling, "Star Wars Star Wars Star wars."

Lazy Storm Trooper and Echo-07 like this.
  4. RX-27

RX-27 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    Was on a internet chat of mine when a friend came on a posted about the deal. Then we noticed the news about Episode VII as well, was a real shocker as you can imagine.

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Me too!

6. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    I was on facebook and saw the Star Wars post. Then came here only to find out the news crashed the boards apparently :p

Lazy Storm Trooper and Echo-07 like this.
  7. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I randomly woke up here in the UK at 12:30am after falling asleep at 9:00pm, I checked my iPad as gazed upon the impossible news...needless to say I didn't get back to sleep hehe

Echo-07 likes this.
  8. Darth Whatever

Darth Whatever Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    Sitting down to eat dinner. TV was on in the background and I heard it on ABC news. Almost broke the chair when I got up to hear the story.

Echo-07 likes this.
  9. TheVortex3

TheVortex3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2012
    I just woke and come online here and saw the thread saying that disney bought lucasfilm.

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. -polymath-

-polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host star 4 VIP - Game Host

Jun 7, 2007
    I was sitting at my desk and I saw it on comingsoon.net. So I quickly came over to the JC Community and posted the announcement thread. Great times.

Echo-07 likes this.
  11. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I was taking a shower.

No, seriously. :p

12. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I saw it mentioned in a thread on reddit and my first thought was "okay why is this silly joke being upvoted" until I followed the link.

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I was at home and my husband told me -- I had been so swamped at work that I didn't check emails or anything until I had started dinner -- which was after my husband told me.

He works for a division of Technicolor and one of the vendors he deals with is Disney -- he forwarded an email he received from his Disney contact and that person forwarded the email he received from Bob Iger.

I'm still trying to process everything!!! :D

Echo-07 likes this.
  14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    In the Hat, chatting with the JCCers I do every day. Best place to be.

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Malleus Maleficarum star 8 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    It was 1981... I was reading an interview with George Lucas in the latest fanclub newsletter...

16. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    I hopped casually onto Facebook when a fellow fan put up the link. I thought it was some sort of practical joke until I Gooogled it and found out how many news offices were reporting about it. First I was thrown into utter shock and disbeleif, then anger. Now I've gotten used to the idea and am very excited about the movies!

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. AquaVitae

AquaVitae Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2008
    I was at work, literally sitting on the toilet, when I thought Hey let's check TF.N (only stopped by to read CW Season 5 reviews).
    I was so shocked surprised I didn't drop my iPad in the toilet

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    When my girlfriend was watching ENews. I heard the words Walt Disney buys Lucasfilm and Episodes 7, 8 and 9 will be released starting in the year 2015. I couldn't believe it, so I checked the Force.net as soon as I could. Boy, was I glad it wasn't some kind of a joke. This is a dream come true. I remember talking about this since me and my friends wore short pants.

Echo-07 likes this.
  19. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I was sitting on the floor of my bedroom, looking into my smartphone. Stunned, I had to google it to make sure that it wasn't just a stupid joke. Links to USA Today and Washington Post gave me a feeling that this was the real deal...
    I just couldn't believe it. Here I'd been thinking that there would never be an ST. I was even planning on finally writing my own ST, after struggling for about ten years with mapping out the story. Just like that, I no longer had to worry about that. I just had to sit back and wait for the actual friggin' Star Wars Sequel Trilogy to be released!

Whew! What I ride these past days have been.

Star Wars - gotta love it
    /LM

Echo-07 likes this.
  20. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    I was still in my PJs when I got onto Yahoo and it was one of the first news articles. All it said for the headliner was Disney buys Star Wars. As I read through it I came across the news about Episode VII and had to do a double take.
    Anybody remember that jumped they did in Anchorman ("lets buy new suits, yay!")? I pretty much did that jump after hearing about a new movie.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Riding out Hurricane Sandy.

My cousin (who happened to keep his power throughout the whole thing) told me he saw the news that morning and told me as soon as I arrived at his house to crash for the night. I told him I'm cut off from civilization for one day and this happens! :p

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi New Films Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Aug 12, 2000
    I was on twitter. Then the tf.n tweet popped up. Thought it was a lie, so I googled it. And it wasn't showing up. Then tf.n tweeted a link. So I clicked it and then headed over here to see if anyone else had started talking about it.

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    I was at home in bed and got a txt, Googled it....woke my wife up, got told off and got straight on here pretty much

Echo-07 and aguywithabiggun like this.
  24. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2008
    I was in work launching our new company website

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Master star 2

Dec 27, 2008
    I was in work launching our new company website