Social Where were you when you heard about SW Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Force Smuggler, Nov 1, 2012.

1. LWSwann Jedi Master

University library (UCLAN, UK) (study room) with Greengreatwarrior - Working on a current student film. He blurted out "Star Wars, Disney, 2015, Episode VII" or something to that nature. I replied "**** off" - he showed me. The room fell silent.

Please star out the whole word.
    Last edited by Ramza, Nov 1, 2012
    Echo-07 likes this.
  2. EviL_eLF Chosen One

star 4
    I was at work, and just happened to scroll past a news feed about Episode VII which caught my attention...not much work got done after.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  3. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    I was on the phone with my dad and heard about it when I was home in my room then I was jumping around yelling, "Star Wars Star Wars Star wars."
    Lazy Storm Trooper and Echo-07 like this.
  4. RX-27 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Was on a internet chat of mine when a friend came on a posted about the deal. Then we noticed the news about Episode VII as well, was a real shocker as you can imagine.
    Last edited by RX-27, Nov 1, 2012
    Echo-07 likes this.
  5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy Chosen One

star 4
    Me too!
  6. DarthButt Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I was on facebook and saw the Star Wars post. Then came here only to find out the news crashed the boards apparently :p
    Lazy Storm Trooper and Echo-07 like this.
  7. Disciple-of-Tython Force Ghost

star 4
    I randomly woke up here in the UK at 12:30am after falling asleep at 9:00pm, I checked my iPad as gazed upon the impossible news...needless to say I didn't get back to sleep hehe
    Last edited by DISCIPLE-OF-TYTHON, Nov 1, 2012
    Echo-07 likes this.
  8. Darth Whatever Jedi Master

Sitting down to eat dinner. TV was on in the background and I heard it on ABC news. Almost broke the chair when I got up to hear the story.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  9. TheVortex3 Jedi Master

star 1
    I just woke and come online here and saw the thread saying that disney bought lucasfilm.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  10. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    I was sitting at my desk and I saw it on comingsoon.net. So I quickly came over to the JC Community and posted the announcement thread. Great times.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  11. The Shadow Emperor Force Ghost

star 4
    I was taking a shower.

No, seriously. :p
  12. Lord Tuvitor Force Ghost

star 4
    I saw it mentioned in a thread on reddit and my first thought was "okay why is this silly joke being upvoted" until I followed the link.
    Last edited by Lord_Tuvitor, Nov 1, 2012
    Echo-07 likes this.
  13. TheHuntressDiana Jedi Master

star 4
    I was at home and my husband told me -- I had been so swamped at work that I didn't check emails or anything until I had started dinner -- which was after my husband told me.

He works for a division of Technicolor and one of the vendors he deals with is Disney -- he forwarded an email he received from his Disney contact and that person forwarded the email he received from Bob Iger.

I'm still trying to process everything!!! :D
    Echo-07 likes this.
  14. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    In the Hat, chatting with the JCCers I do every day. Best place to be.
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    It was 1981... I was reading an interview with George Lucas in the latest fanclub newsletter...
  16. Ridley Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    I hopped casually onto Facebook when a fellow fan put up the link. I thought it was some sort of practical joke until I Gooogled it and found out how many news offices were reporting about it. First I was thrown into utter shock and disbeleif, then anger. Now I've gotten used to the idea and am very excited about the movies!
    Echo-07 likes this.
  17. AquaVitae Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    I was at work, literally sitting on the toilet, when I thought Hey let's check TF.N (only stopped by to read CW Season 5 reviews).
    I was so shocked surprised I didn't drop my iPad in the toilet
  18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    When my girlfriend was watching ENews. I heard the words Walt Disney buys Lucasfilm and Episodes 7, 8 and 9 will be released starting in the year 2015. I couldn't believe it, so I checked the Force.net as soon as I could. Boy, was I glad it wasn't some kind of a joke. This is a dream come true. I remember talking about this since me and my friends wore short pants.
    Last edited by Miana Kenobi, Nov 1, 2012
    Echo-07 likes this.
  19. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    I was sitting on the floor of my bedroom, looking into my smartphone. Stunned, I had to google it to make sure that it wasn't just a stupid joke. Links to USA Today and Washington Post gave me a feeling that this was the real deal...
    I just couldn't believe it. Here I'd been thinking that there would never be an ST. I was even planning on finally writing my own ST, after struggling for about ten years with mapping out the story. Just like that, I no longer had to worry about that. I just had to sit back and wait for the actual friggin' Star Wars Sequel Trilogy to be released!

Whew! What I ride these past days have been.

Star Wars - gotta love it
    /LM
    Last edited by Lars_Muul, Nov 1, 2012
    Echo-07 likes this.
  20. QsAssistant Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I was still in my PJs when I got onto Yahoo and it was one of the first news articles. All it said for the headliner was Disney buys Star Wars. As I read through it I came across the news about Episode VII and had to do a double take.
    Anybody remember that jumped they did in Anchorman ("lets buy new suits, yay!")? I pretty much did that jump after hearing about a new movie.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  21. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Riding out Hurricane Sandy.

My cousin (who happened to keep his power throughout the whole thing) told me he saw the news that morning and told me as soon as I arrived at his house to crash for the night. I told him I'm cut off from civilization for one day and this happens! :p
    Echo-07 likes this.
  22. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    I was on twitter. Then the tf.n tweet popped up. Thought it was a lie, so I googled it. And it wasn't showing up. Then tf.n tweeted a link. So I clicked it and then headed over here to see if anyone else had started talking about it.
    Echo-07 likes this.
  23. admiral_Jim Force Ghost

star 2
    I was at home in bed and got a txt, Googled it....woke my wife up, got told off and got straight on here pretty much
    Echo-07 and aguywithabiggun like this.
  24. DarthKreVass Force Ghost

star 2
    I was in work launching our new company website
    Echo-07 likes this.
  25. DarthKreVass Force Ghost

star 2
    I was in work launching our new company website