main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Where were you when you heard about SW Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Force Smuggler, Nov 1, 2012.

1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Getting done with the costumer then quickly walking into the brake room and jump up and down? :)

2. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Yes! Then going online while taking my break and looking at all of the great news!

3. grimlockbedi

grimlockbedi Jedi Master star 2

Sep 16, 2006
    My wife and I were on vacation in the Caribbean. We had the vacation planned for some time and had decided that while we were there we would "get off the grid" and not watch television, check email, etc etc. But hurricane Sandy struck that week so we were constantly on facebook checking updates of our friends and family to see who was OK, who was in trouble, etc. At one point, my wife was online while I was getting dressed, reading updates from everyone, and she said that one of my old friends messaged me and "said that Disney bought Star Wars? And they are making Episode VII?". I said, "he's joking, I don't know why he would make that joke now". She said, "it doesn't look like he's joking". I went online and started reading anything and everything I could find. I texted my brother back home, who hadn't heard because he had lost power, and he couldn't believe it. It came at a weird time in a weird place so I'll probably never forget it.

4. Darth Gumby

Darth Gumby Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2013
    I hadn't been online in a couple of days, and I was watching CNN (I don't do that very often either), and I caught the end of a scroll at the bottom that said Episode VII. I knew that meant Star Wars, but I was sure they got their information wrong... Lucas swore of any new Star Wars films! Luckily, I was wrong, and it was true... Countdown 2015...

5. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I woke up and literally as I opened my eyes it came on the news. I sleep with my TV on.

6. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I was in a certain cantina in Mos Eisley, arguing with Ponda Baba.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.