main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where/what is the bridge between ROTS and ANH

Discussion in 'Literature' started by mikadojedi, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Here is my query. On some levels it seems that Revenge of the Sith ties more into Empire Strikes Back than into A New Hope. Vader becoming more of a Boba Fett bounty hunter than the apprentice of The Emperor. Not to mention no talk of Yoda. And the lies(or truths from certain points of view) that Obi-Wan told Luke. Anakin, after all, never told Obi-Wan to give Luke his Saber.
    So how then does ROTS tie in with ANH in the EU?

Can anyone suggest titles that are out, or not yet out?

2. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    Dark Lord gives us a glimpse into Vader's thoughts concerning Tarkin.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Death Star, Tattooine, cut Rebellion-birth scenes..No Boba Fett, declaration of the Empire (which ties into ANH and the dissolution of the Senate), and of course, Obi-Wan fighting Darth Vader. ;)

Those're the tie-ins to ANH.

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    How about the whole "laying the foundations for the entire state of the galaxy by the time ANH rolls around, and putting all the characters in their places for entrance in the OT." Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding the topic of the thread...

5. Jawas_Poodoo

Jawas_Poodoo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    Read the 'Lando Calrissian Adventures'! They tie in the PT and the OT brilliantly and serve as a perfect bridge between trilogies!![face_hypnotized]

-The Jawa Jedi

6. Master_Shan

Master_Shan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2005
    Its all political.

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    There are some books out there that start to do so like "Dark Lord".

Regarding the sabre issue, what was Ben going to tell him? "Here's your father's lightsabre. I took it after I left him to die as a charred mass because he and I fought over his killing your mother and the majority of the Jedi Order. Since he didn't die, and Yoda and I wish to use you to help eliminate both him and the Emperor you are going to need this to do what Yoda and I were unable to do when we were Jedi Masters."

Seriously, the "fix" is already in place, and has been since 1983. Ben told the truth to Luke, if not the absolute truth then one from a "certain point of view".

8. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Why is Calrissian not in any of these comics? Is he no one until they movie meet him?

9. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Lando appears in Devilworld's Flight of the Falcon, and a couple of Tales stories (one of them is Lady Luck) set before TESB. I don't remember the title, but in one of them he tries to con a village by pretending to be a Jedi padawan... :p

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.