main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Where will the big battle take place?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by vypernight, Jun 10, 2014.

?

Where will the final battle of ep VII take place?

1. Desert Planet

8.1%
  2. Ice Planet

14.5%
  3. Space

59.7%
  4. Somewhere else

17.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Every SW movie has a big battle, either at the end of the movie or beginning. So where do you think the one in this movie will take place? We know they're shooting on a desert planet (I'm leaving out planet names until they're 100% confirmed), and I think Iceland was mentioned as a location as well. Also, they're, of course, shooting in England on stages so plenty of options exist.

For the moment, I see the battle taking place at either the desert planet, ice planet, or space, but i'm going with the desert planet as we haven't see a major battle there yet (I don't consider the heroes vs. Jabbas thugs a major battle).

What are your thoughts on this?

2. ray243

ray243 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 26, 2006
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm hoping for space. I miss ANH's focus on space battles.

thejeditraitor, Indy 11, D'an and 3 others like this.
  4. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Space above Coruscant on a scale even bigger than EP3...........

Indy 11 likes this.
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see a space battle that focuses on capital ships rather than starfighters, all the way through.

D'an, Dak Oolron and dolphin like this.
  6. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I'm thinking J.J. himself would love to return to the space battle motif, which was strangely lacking in the PT (I know it was there but it was not a major focus). Or it could be a multi-pronged battle (similar to the end of AOTC), that starts on a planet and then moves out into space.

A battle over Tatooine would be new and different. There would have be powerful story elements at work to get it there.

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I'd like to see the opposite. IMO dogfights are the essence of Star Wars, Capital ship battles are for Star Trek.

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    ANH opens with a battle between two capital ships.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The opening will feature the pilots of 2 starfighters engaged in a fistfight in space.

10. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
  11. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the big battle will be in space with capital ships maybe, but I know I would like to see some smaller dogfights just above the planets surface with fighters ducking between buildings or mountains and canyons.

12. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    I'm slightly confused, perhaps someone can clarify... I have been reading in various threads that Iceland signifies the likelihood of an ice planet, maybe even Hoth. That said, weren't Iceland and Greenland supposed to be the antithesis of their namesakes with Iceland being green, and Greenland being icy, or am I mistaken?

13. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Iceland has a lot of green and Greenland has a lot of ice, but there are also icy parts of Iceland green parts of Greenland.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  14. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Ah, ok. Thanks.

15. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    The big final battle will not involve any ships. It will be a group of planets firing ion cannons across interstellar space at each other..

danmcken, Hernalt, Jobertus and 3 others like this.
  16. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought that as well, but the article kept hinting at an ice planet so I figured that were shooting at a more-northern part of the country.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Episode VII, specifically? Oh, I don't know. Probably three, or so different arenas of battle will be featured simultaneously.

But more generally, I definitely hope to see more space battles throughout the ST and I think that, at some point, a final battle on Coruscant may be in order (perhaps at the climax of Episode IX?).

Indy 11 likes this.
  18. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    LOL. Plus, the good guys and the bad guys will both have Death Stars -- sudden death overtime baby.

19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I say space as a technicality. I want it to be a TPM/ROTJ-style battle, with ground, space, and saber battles going on at the same time. Han leads the space forces in the Falcon, one of the new cast (Isaac? He could be a soldier-type.) leading the ground battle, and a lightsaber duel between the main heroes and the villain. I think it would be cool if the Jedi (Luke + Ridley/Gleeson/Boyega, I hope) boarded the enemy warship, and the duel was actually taking place aboard an exploding starship. It's what the Invisible Hand scene in ROTS could've been, if played out right.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    True, but I think we're somewhere else other than Hoth. If they wanted Hoth they could've went to Norway. I think the shoots in Iceland were there for the non-snowy terrain.

Hernalt and Dak Oolron like this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Focus on a space battle.

22. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    and the fields of Naboo [face_praying]

23. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

I love this idea. A full scale underwater battle is something we've never seen before in Star Wars. I hope this happens at some point in the ST.

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    TCW at least had a certain amount of underwater fighting in the Mon Cala arc.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    No!
    Someplace else.

Also keep things separate. ANH. Lightsaber duel and then space battle for example. Give each thing its moment to shine. No 2-3 things going on at once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.