main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Where will you be buying your toys April 23rd?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Hmmmmm, maybe Obey Wann could get an IP address for me...

//steeples fingers [face_devil]

:p

2. AZLineUp

AZLineUp Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2001
    Well folks, she is for real as I have a friend that works at the Rep that knows her and what she is working on.

Unless you have a room or more dedicated to Star Wars toys,, then I am pretty sure that you wouldn't be a story.

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    //kisses fifteen minutes of fame goodbye ;)

4. arizonasithlord

arizonasithlord Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2002
    Damn all my stuff is packed for future/soon move...ah well

5. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Actually she visitied my website and has already contacted me via that site. I have emailed her and am looking forward to talking about my collection as I do have an entire room for my SW Collection. I figured she was legit due to the email address, but glad this has been confirmed:)

6. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    What a lovely day it has been. I managed to find all but two figures. Yoda and the Anikan with two lightsabers. My morning started at the Mesa Toys R Us where they opened their doors to the 30 waiting fans half an hour early. People got down to business and started filling their baskets! Not being able to find 7 characters, I jetted over to K.B. Toys in the Mall and found that there was hardly a soul there... but plenty of toys! I found 5 of the 7 missing. For you who also couldn't find a Yoda, I heard a rumor from a KB employee that Yoda's are, for some reason, showing up only on the east coast for now. Anyone know anything about this? Hope you all found what you wanted...

7. Tellesto

Tellesto Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 1999
    I'm not going to be able to go until later tonight (as I already mentioned) but I expect to find a good amount of what I'm looking for. I no longer plan to go to Wal-Mart though because the "Star Wars" soundtrack there lacks the bonus track, The Droid Founderies.

8. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    So there are 2 versions of the soundtrack?

9. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    According to TFN there are 3 versions...

1) Your stock version

2) The Wal Mart version which has a screen saver tucked into the CD ([sarcasm]which is funny because they're usually taking things OUT of CD's as their level of morals is so much more correct than their customer's can ever be [/sarcasm])

3) The Target version which has the bonus track #14, and has a sticker on it saying so and that it is a target exclusive.

10. Rancor_Bait

Rancor_Bait Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    I went to the Wal-mart on Alma School and Warner at about 11:30pm last night. There were about 8 other people there at that time. As the hour got closer to the appointed time, a few stragglers came in. When they let us at the toys, there were about 15 - 20 people, but plenty of toys to go around. Apparnetly there was only one Jango Fett per case, so there were only 2 or 3 (i didn't get one). I did manage to get the pissed off Yoda, and the dual saber Anakin. I picked up all of the delux packs (4), a clone trooper (w/racing stripe), obi, amidala, baby boba fett, zam wessel, r2, slave 1, the jedi starfighter, a 12" clone trooper, and a few posters. When all was said and done, just about everyone that was there walked away happy.

11. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    Cool! Dual Saber Anakin! Baby Boba!

Begun this clone war has...

12. Greymarch

Greymarch Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2001
    Ummmm...I really resent anyone trying to tell me who I can and cannot talk to. I post to these boards, but I dont consider myself "under the command" of anyone who runs or Administers these messageboards. I am sending this reporter my email address so she can contact me.

13. ReporterGirl

ReporterGirl Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    OK, you guys, I'm real. Here is how you can verify: call the newspaper during business hours, (602)444-8000, press 0 for the operator, and ask to be transferred to Jaimee Rose. That's me. Anyway, I have been receiving so many phone calls and e-mails from all of you Star Wars junkies out there that read these posts, and thank you. I have enough people for my story now. Good luck on your toy search, and watch the newspaper's Arizona Living section the week before the movie comes out to read the story. Thanks again.

14. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Oh please. Don't try to be a martyr Greymarch. I asked that no one call until we could verify. AZLineUp verified for us last night. No one is trying to stomp on your right to do whatever the hell you want, so drop the attitude.

kreleia

15. Greymarch

Greymarch Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2001
    Not an attitude, just a concern that certain individuals might try to ruin the fun and free participation on this messageboard. The internet is the greatest representation of first amendment rights our generation has ever seen. Lets keep it that way.

16. One-armed_Wampa

One-armed_Wampa Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    Me boycott all SW toys until they come out with Wampa figure.

17. Hugh_Dee_Hugh

Hugh_Dee_Hugh Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    They did....almost 20 years ago. I have 2 still, needed a second one for a before and after wampa.

18. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Hey all,

I was at the Target on the North East corner of McClintock and Baseline in Tempe picking up my soundtrack CD. I saw on their shelves that they had a full stock of everything, including the figures that several have posted they were missing. Here's a source if you want.

-Void

19. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    My wife just bought me a box of Star Wars Cereal with Obi Wan. Yippee. Now I can play games with my marshmellow food...

20. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Hmm, could we perhaps not mention track names of the soundtrack please?

21. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    someone mentioned a track name?

what, "#14 bonus track"?

*raises eyebrow like a vulcan* >:)

22. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, Geepers! Things got a little rocky there with the whole News Lady thing... Anyway, I'm glad we are still a family. Onto more important issues. The Ep. II soundtrack really doesn't have any huge spoilers in the track titles like last time (Qui-Gon). Well now that I have officially not slept in like 20 hours... I'm hitting the sack... then I'll go to bed. LOL... man I'm tired.

23. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Hey, I'm glad toy runs were successful. :)

<eyes Greymarch>

Everything cool now? Good. Otherwise the Queen has an ion cannon at her service... [face_mischief]

<twiddles thumbs while waiting for AZ Republic article to come out>

24. Hugh_Dee_Hugh

Hugh_Dee_Hugh Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Why do gunners always have to shoot off their mouth ? ;)

Sorry, boring day and I had to :D

HDH

25. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    [face_plain]

<turns gun towards Hugh_Dee_Hugh, pauses>

[face_laugh]

Ehhh, boredom sometimes gets the better of us. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.