main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Where will you be buying your toys April 23rd?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I'm fine, so long as Greymarch is. :) If he still feels like he needs to talk, we can do it over PM - like semi-civilized folk. :D

I'm wanting to see the AZ Republic article too...

^.^

2. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Well, I bought all I could afford, me being only 14! I found a pretty good selection at Target, just for everyones' info. I got Jango (He shoots missles!) I didn't know how his jet pack shot the missle. So, my mom and I were in a restaurant and I pushed the missle and it hit the waiter! That was great... :D

I also got Anakin's lightsaber, a new t-shirt with Obi and Jango on the front (Courtesy of my mom... She said my old one was too faded!), and the cereal with Obi on the front. My favorite marshmellow is Yoda!!!!!

Anyway... ;)

KenobisGirl :cool:

3. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Sounds Good Kenobi's Girl. I have had many a waiter I've liked to shoot with a missle. Glad you covered that for me. Kinda makes you wonder what Jango does when he doesn't like the service... Anyway, Whoever sees the Article in the AZ Republic, post the date of the paper and the section number so we can go get a copy. PS. I am still missing Yoda and the two Saber Anikan, can anyone tell me where they've found one/both of these recently? Thanks guys and gals!

4. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    I just got the Republic Gunship LEGO - it's really awesome! I'm just impressed, it's really well done.

5. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Yeah, I was just going to say - I saw a whole bunch of toys at Target by my place (Queen Creek and Alma School). They have an old skool blaster rifle!! WOOHOOO! I was taken back to my childhood... **faze**

Anyway, I had to put the action figures down after reading the back of Zam Wessell's box. EEP!! Spoilers!! I shoulda known... [face_blush]

^.^

6. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I went to Target, and I saw the book... I ALMOST PICKED IT UP!! *Slaps herself* That was close! I...must...resist! ;)

KG :cool:

7. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I know, I saw the book at Waldens Yesturday. I was there picking up my copy of TIME Magazine with Yoda on the cover. It's a great long story on AOTC, However, be warned! There is one major spoiler in the article! Fortunately I already know about it but I will spare you the shock of learning something too early! DO NOT read the article unless you want to get real mad and stomp your feet like a 2 year-old.

8. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I think it goes to say that ANYTHING with any kind of print anywhere will be a spoiler. So be on your guard, grab the loot and stuff it into the cart quickly.

9. KCarnes

KCarnes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    LORDPARSEC, I found the two figures that you are looking for in the KB Toys at Superstition Springs Mall. I actually scored 23 of the figures on Tuesday. I also grabbed all 4 deluxe figures. From the list I have there are only 5 AOTC figures I couldn't find.

KC

10. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks for the info KCarnes... Let us know which 5 of the collection you didn't score and maybe we can help. I know that after I went to Toys R Us in the morning I was still missing 7 and found 5 of them out at KB in Fiesta mall. After all, that's why we have this board! :) I'll see if I can get out to Superstition (sp?) Springs at some point this saturday. Happy huntung!

11. KCarnes

KCarnes Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2002
    LORDPARSEC, Here are the following figures I'm still looking for:

• Royal Guard (Corsucant Sentry)
    • Taun We (Kamino Cloner)
    • Luminara Unduli (Jedi Master)
    • Count Dooku (Dark Lord)
    • Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue)

Any assist would be appreciated!

KC

12. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I would like to add Yoda to that list.

FYI, according to the Collectors message board, Mace Windu will not arrive in stores until sometime in May or June. It will arrive in the same wave as Bespin Vader and Luke.

So if anyone spots them and can afford to buy an extra, please do so for me.

FYI: I Used to be the guy who could not post but a third party, thank you my princess :D, got me logged on.

Nick

13. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, I can't say I have seen any of these recently. I am always on the lookout for rare figures, even If I already have them. No mind you I do not buy them, but I sit back down and try to let others know where they might be available... I've heard from 3 different sources that the Superstition Springs Area is a good place to find certain figures. I haven't checked there or at AZ Mills lately... If Anyone else knows of a good place, let us know! PS> Has anyone seen that collecting article yet in the AZ republic...?

14. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey gang, I got a K Mart add in the junk mail today (4-27-02). It was for various SW Merchandise including The Deluxe Figures for only 8.99, 17.00 for 12'' figures, 20% off all lego sets, 10% off children's books of AOTC. Also had a Postcard book, Episode I DVD and VHS, the trilogy on VHS, Various boys Clones T-shirts for only 6.00. If you go you can also enter to win a Life size r2-d2 and c-3po. They will also give you a free promotional collector card. Cool huh? This sale runs April 28th through May 4th. Better stock up people! The line starts Thursday!

15. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    These figures are killing my wallet, my money was gone faster than Chevy Chases talk show.

I'm still looking for:

-Royal Guard
    -Luminara
    -Yoda
    -Cound Dooku
    -Taun We
    -Hanger Duel Anakin

Then my collection will be complete. Besides the vehicles.

16. AZLineUp

AZLineUp Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2001
    Which Count Dooku?,, I saw the flipping one at the TRU off Ray and I-10

17. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    The Basic One. Seems like you guys are having the same probs as us here in Denver. I need the same figures

Dooku
    Yoda
    Royal Guard
    Luminara Unduli
    Taun We

And I was hoping you guys would have better luck down here :)

18. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    I think it's safe to say that these particular figures are going to be the difficult ones to find. Don't fear though, if they are anything like the Ep. I toys, they will start pappoing up here and there soon enough. I can't believe the line starts in like 4 more days... wow!
    LP

19. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    If anyone has not found a Red Clonetropper, I have an extra that I am willing to trade. If you have found an extra Yoda, Dooku, Red Guard, or AnakinHD but not a clonetrooper, I'd want to trade streight up. ( might be a silly request but there it is.)

20. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    MexChewie, I don't find your request silly at all. As a matter of fact, I have not seen many red clone troopers in stores since the 23rd... hmmmm. Guess they didn't clone very many..LOL...LOL... aww shoot me! :(

21. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i also read the back of the zam box. grrrr.

anyway, just so you know, walmart has a way bigger selection than target and is way cheaper for the 3 3/4 figures. target has the 3 3/4 toys for $6.99 and walmart has them for $5.88. you can't beat that. :)

pick up some of the EPISODE II CEREAL while you're at it (OMG!!!). it's got marshmallow lightsabers, jedi starfighters, yodas, artoos...and yes, it actually tastes really good (kind of like kix mixed with lucky charms).

warning though: don't read the back of the box unless you don't mind being spoiled. it's nothing big (not what i saw, anyway, who knows what i didn't see), but i didn't want to know it.

22. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey, Ladies and gents! Just wanted to say It's been great talking to you about toys and so forth. And by all means, don't stop! But I will be out at the line for a while starting tomorrow. My access to the online world will be limited! Have fun and happy hunting to you all... :)
    PS. If I find a big score of rare figures or something at the mall, I'll try to get the word back to you guys. Take care and May the Force me with you...:p
    LP

23. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    You'll probably be seeing most of us in line anyway. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.