main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Where will you be staying? - Celebration III Room Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm creating this new thread so we can post which hotels we reserved for Celebration III. That way we all know where each other is staying so perhaps we can maybe stay in the same hotel.

I know it's not going to work out as I know hotel costs will vary and everyone's available funds will vary.. but it would be nice to know.

Registration opens on Monday. Check www.starwarscelebration.com for registration details.

Also you can post here if you have room for a roommate or if you want to room with someone.

We can try the best we can to make something work out.

2. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm lookin' to share with many someones--at least three. I'd like to stay with friends, but I may end up looking on other boards and staying with random people, as y'all seem to be getting your own room...

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Well, so far I am staying at the Westin. I don't think I will be staying anywhere else. I just hope the rates go down. As for a roommate, I'm not sure. I like the privacy but sharing the cost would be nice. I'll think about it more as time goes on.

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm currently at the Courtyard Marriott from Tuesday to Monday. I'm hoping to upgrade to maybe the Westin to be closer to DH and JR and to have a skywalk to the convention center. However I'm only paying $199 per night at the Courtyard so if I can't find anything cheaper then I'll just keep the current reservation.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    The reservations we have are for $229 a night, not too different from your $199. We'll see what they come out as. I'll post rates as soon as I find out what they are.

6. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    I am looking for a roomie if possible. Rooming alone for me would end up in No Money, No C3, No GO!

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok.. finally.. after an hour and getting distracted.. I got my tickets and my room!

I'm at the Indianapolis Mariott Downtown. $151 a night. Not bad.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay. Lots of hotels are filling fast. I've got the Marriott at $151 a night, much less than $229 at the Westin.

Here are the current rates.

Best Western
    410 S. Missouri
    $120/night

Canterbury Hotel
    123 S. Illinois
    $150/night

Columbia Club of Indy
    121 Monument Circle
    $125/night

Comfort Inn
    530 S. Capital Ave
    $120/night

Courtyard by Marriott
    501 W. Washington St
    $137/night

Hampton Inn
    105 S. Meridian St.
    $135/night

Hilton Garden Inn
    10 E. Market St.
    $140/night

Hilton
    120 W. Market St.
    Deluxe King $137/night (up to 4)
    Deluxe Queen $152/night (up to 6)
    King Suite $152/night (up to 4)
    Traditional King $137/night (up to 2)
    Traditional Queen $137/night (up to 4)

Holiday Inn Select Airport (way too far)
    $109/night

Hyatt Regency Indy
    One S. Capitol Ave
    $133/night

Omni Severin
    40 W. Jackson
    Deluxe Double $143/night (up to 4)
    Deluxe King $143/night (up to 2)

Radisson
    31 W. Ohio St.
    Deluxe Double $140/night (up to 4)
    Deluxe King $140/night (up to 2)

Sleep Inn West
    5845 Rockville Rd.
    $85/night (up to 4)

Wingate Inn - Indy Airport
    5797 Rockville Rd.
    $119/night (up to 4)

9. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Weird -- none of the hotels I have reservations at are even listed!

Edit -- OK, I lied. The Best Western is listed. This is for a regular room; I have a suite with kitchen (and continental breakfast each day) for only $14.00 more. Looks like I'll be keeping that LOL.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    There are other hotels but they are all sold out. The Westin, for example, was not available at all. I was rather surprised that there were not others listed either. I'm sure you could still get rooms at other hotels around the area.

11. Adrian_Skywalker

Aug 11, 2004
    Does anyone know in terms if you cancel a hotel or flight, will one must pay a fee or must one just cancel before a certain time? Thanks!

12. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I think I read that there's a cancellation fee if you book a hotel room through the GenCon site -- can anybody confirm that? When I saw the list of hotels available I didn't read anything further.

Hotel cancellation policies are generally very liberal (for instance, for my room at the Best Western, I can cancel my room as late as April 19 at 4 PM with no penalties).

Airline tickets -- this is info off Expedia.com:

"Changing or canceling a flight

Most fares in Economy/Coach class have an airline-imposed penalty fee of $100 or more per passenger for changes and cancellations, plus any applicable increase in the fare. Some tickets are nonrefundable, but can be applied (for a limited time) toward future travel, less any applicable penalties. Some tickets do not allow changes."

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Hotels usually let you cancel right up until the day before you are supposed to arrive. Though each is different I would check first. Airlines are different and they will charge you at least $100 to change or cancel. That is my experience, but not necessarily the rules.

You are right ValedaKor, I also read that if you cancel a reservation after booking through GenCon you will be penalized.

14. Adrian_Skywalker

Aug 11, 2004
    Thanks for the clarification VK & SR.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think there's a $50 fee for cancellation or something like that but I thought it was if you cancelled after a certain date. I guess I'll have to read it again. I think it's a $50 cancellation fee for our flights.

16. Theatrix

Theatrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2001
    There is a $50 cancellation fee for rooms until a certain date (close to the convention). After the magic date, you get charged for a full nights stay if you cancel.

I have read the following Cancellation Policy for the Double Room:
    Reservations cancelled ANY TIME AFTER BOOKING will be charged a $50 cancellation penalty until April 12, 2005. Cancellations made on or after April 13, 2005 will be charged one night's room and tax by the hotel. The credit card information entered will be used to request a
    room or guarantee payment of applied cancellation policy. The hotel may require credit card presentation and/or cardholder proof before or upon check-in.

Tim

17. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    As I mentioned in the Ticket thread, I Made a reservation at the Radisson. I can spit it with someone else or another couple.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, I saw there was an automatic $50 cancellation fee but the way I think it was worth making the reservation any way. I wonder if rooms will be made available later on.

19. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    FYI... last year I stayed at the Comfort Inn, and it was totally fine. No problems. My friend stayed at Hampton Inn. No bells or whistles, but clean, nice decent rooms. Breakfast too.

Took about 10 minutes to walk to the con center. So don't worry if you are a johnie-come-lately.

20. Mal_Reynolds

Mal_Reynolds Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2004
    I got my tickets this morning at made reservations at the Hilton. Anyone else going to be staying there? I got a king deluxe for $137 a night. Not bad! :) Now all I have to do is get the plane tickets!

Mal

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I posted our flight information on one of the other threads, we leave LAX on Wednesday at 11 on NorthWest, don't remember what flight. It's a non-stop one though and arrive in Indy at 5 pm. We return on Monday on the 11:50 flight to Minneapolis. I think we arrive around 1:40. We have a layover of a couple of hours, I think we leave MPLS sometime after 4 and arrive at LAX some time after 6. Seats are not assigned as yet but we can try to get seats together 90 days before the flight. I've printed out a seating chart of all of the types of planes we will be on and we can try to get seats in the same general area. Hope you can fly with us. The cost was a bit more than $208 per person.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That's not bad at all Mal. Way to go.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think I'm going to see if I can get a room that looks out at the Convention Center. This way I can look out my window to see if the line has started.

24. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Claudia, I like your chosen flights, but may take a different (later) return flight 'cause there's one that has you in MSP for 3 hours, and I could have my family come visit me at the airport or something...

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sara, I'm not sure if I was clear but we are in MPS for 2 hours on our return trip. Are you talking about the trip out? Our trip out is non-stop but the one back to LA has a layover long enough for us to have a late lunch or something like that in MPS.

I sort of feel better about the longer layover because last time JR and I had to run to our connecting flight as our flight out of Indy was delayed due to weather. We barely made it before they closed the door.

Skyryder, I have a co-worker who's going to be staying at the Courtyard also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.