main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Where will you be staying? - Celebration III Room Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    If not for the fact that I am staying closer than you guys I would agree. ;)

2. Mal_Reynolds

Mal_Reynolds Jedi Youngling

Sep 21, 2004
    carpooling would be great! I should just go ahead and book it now. Does anyone know their seat assignments? I'd like to sit close to some if not all of you ;)

Gosh this is going to be fun! As long as my friend doesn't back out. He's not responding to my e-mails of having everything booked, so I'm a little nervous, don't want to have a hotel room all to myself! Well, I have time.

So, when are we all going to get together again? Fan film anyone? I know, I keep pushing it! I'll stop now.

Mal

3. Mal_Reynolds

Sep 21, 2004
    "I personally think the cool people are sharing a room at the Court Yard Marriot. That's what I think... "

You're hilarious!!! LOL. I needed a good laugh this morning!

Mal

4. Mal_Reynolds

Sep 21, 2004
    "I didn't know Mal lived next to us DB. If that is the case I think she should carpool. Though if we really wanted to save money we could drive to Sony park there free and then take the bus to the airport which runs right from Sony to LAX for only $1.25. It is how I do it everytime I fly home to Texas."

Where EXACTLY do you live? I live on Ethel off Ventura Blvd in Studio City.

Mal

5. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Mal,

There is an option called Edit, lets you add to your messages 90 minutes from positing time. :D ;)

Yes, we will get together soon and have fun. Patience! Keep October 14th open. Matt gets back on the 11th.

Seats don't open up till 3-4 months before flights.
    If your friend flakes, we can get you a roommmate without issue. Most of our FF has rooms. So worry not.
    Worse case, we put you in a larger room with our FF.

Skyryder lives near Coldwater/ Riverside. I live near Burbank/ Vesper. Very close. Both of us technically Sherman Oaks. Yes, you can snag a ride with us.

D-H: You are still not as cool as us, irrelevant to where you are staying. Cause Scott and I, are just cool!

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    D-B, don't be mean. I think Mal is just trying to catch up to my 2000 posts quickly. ;) I'll probably be carpooling to the airport with JR, hopefully.

Seat assignments can't be made until 90 days before the flight which is around Jan 20th (the Presidential inaugural and my sister's birthday). As I stated before, I have a map of the planes so we can try to get seats near each other. Just post when you get your seat assignment and we will work at trying to get a block for all of us. This is going to be so much fun.

As for our next get together, I don't know. Fearless leader (D-B) has to pick a date and place. I have volunteered my house for a future meeting - potluck style you know. We'll see.

Back to the original thread, having Skyryder as a roomie is cool I am sure but I'm not sure about D-B. Still, I'd rather stay slightly closer, which oddly enough, I am. :cool:

7. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    DH not if your room is on the north side of your hotel and mine is on the south side.
    I'm just playing. I wish I had a skywalk too. That way when we walk across, we can call ourselves Skywalkers. Get it! I slay me.

8. DoDoBinks

DoDoBinks Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    i'm down for craming 6 people in one room... i don't mind sleeping on the floor (it's for the back/spine)

eh that is if i go (which i must!)

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have to call them later to get a room that looks over the convention center so I can see when the line starts.

10. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    That's the way to think DH! Then when the line starts call me and I'll come a runnin'.

11. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Speaking of the line, any idea when it will start? I'm trying to figure out how much sleep I will be getting on this trip. Anyone know when it started at C2?

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It starts on Thursday at noon (for Hyperspace members), 1 pm for all others. I figure the line will start by 9, if not earlier.

13. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Oh gee I was hoping it wouldn't start until maybe an hour beforehand. Thanks, DH. Guess I better bring lots of books to read or something.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    According to the press information, the store and floor open at noon for Hyperspace members. The opening Ceremonies are at 8:30 pm. On Friday to Sunday, everything opens at 9 am for Hyperspace members, 10 for everyone else, and goes until 7 pm. There will probably be some evening activities also. I remember staying until 1 am on Friday and until midnight or so on Saturday. Sunday ends at 4, I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.