main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto where would you like to see the Incredibles

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DARTH2-D2, Oct 28, 2004.

?

where would you like to see the Incredibles

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. pizza pizza and the grande

46.2%
  2. sushi and the paramount

53.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
  2. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    since I dont want any hard feelings I will open this up for a vote.

3. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Sure Pizza sounds fine.

4. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well, my work schedule for next Friday just shifted, so Ill be leaving a bit earlier then anticipated, so Id prefer to go up to the Grande to start scoping out the line.

Sabrina

5. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I voted Paramount because in my opinion it's a better theatre. I know for the lineup the Grande is much better for our needs, but for just seeing a movie I'd personally rather go to the theatre with the better screens and audio.

6. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

voted paramount. (suprised? :p)

7. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Hey Mert - how is it a 'better theatre'?

As far as I'm concerned the two are about equal - hell, they are probably playing the same equipment.

Now if you had compared say a Rainbow theatre to the Paramount, I'd understand.

8. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    ok to keep this fair for both sides, I will not include any votes that people dont claim. right now I know four of the five people who voted for pizza and two of three for sushi

9. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    (Actually Mert)

Well, I remember seeing Kill Bill 2 at the Grande, and the picture was fuzzy, the audio wasn't all that great (compared to my viewing experience of Team America at the Paramount). I was just impressed by the over all presentation at the Paramount compared to the Grande. It's sort of like comparing Limeridge Mall and Centre Mall (although the Centre Mall theatre isn't there anymore) in Hamilton. Both of them used the same equipment but the overall experience was just much better at the Limeridge. I don't know, that's just my opinion. I've gone to the Grande once, and the Paramount quite a few times, and I've always enjoyed the total experience at the Paramount.

10. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    personally... I ALWAYS got the BEST experience at the Collesium in Mississauga... but... I prefer the cheaper Grande in Brampton... only 6.99 compared to 14.99... and the place is brand freaking new!!!

11. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    paramount is where exactly?

12. Jedi_Knight_Jiggs

Jedi_Knight_Jiggs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2004
    John and Richmond

13. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    folks I will be closing this thread on wednesday. so vote now and let us know in a followup post where you would like to see it.

14. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Voted the Grande. Three reasons why

1) Over the years been treated incredibly well by Cineplex and the Grande in particular. The Paramount has not treated fans as well - I'm thinking, in particular of the night we saw Two Towers there where they tried to disband the line and then kept us waiting on our feet for literally an hour whilst other groups whose show times were later were able to go sit in their theatre.

So if I ever have a choice, my loyalty lies with Cineplex and the Grande.

2) close proximity to another mega-theatre. We don't know until Thursday night what theatre plays what. Should the Grande not have the film, you can be sure the Silver City 15 minutes down the street will. No need to scramble for a new meeting spot.

3) closer proximity to transit,cheaper parking available, and a safer neighbourhood come the wee small hours of the morning.

15. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    Folks I will remind you once again in the mind of fairness I will not count votes that the owner does not own up. no socks allowed. so the bunch of people who voted who didnt post, post now or forever hold your peace. so far I count 4 for pizza, 2 for sushi

16. DARTH2-D2

Feb 9, 2002
    after talking with Crazy Mike and discussing where to go on this issue, it appears there are socks at work here. it is unfair to both me and tessa to have people blantently use socks to cuase problems here so I am closing this thread now and calling it for the grande, Tessa I am sorry and the next movie is yours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.