main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Where'd you get your Screen Name?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by darth_avery, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    i was wondering what everyone's screen names meant. some are so interesting that i can't even begin to imagine where some of you got it.

darth_avery

my nephew, Avery, is a huge SW fan. this three year old Anakin look-a-like is the inspiration on my life. That's where i got my s/n!

2. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    droidekas, or destroyer droids, were just the most amazing droid I had ever seen... and the name droideka, sounded so cool, and was starwars, but subtly starwars.

One day, when creating a new email account i came up with using droideka, and ever since , that's been my sn. The 27 used to be my favorite number. droideka was already taken at the JC, so i used the 27, too. :)

[image=http://www.gurpsmaster.de/droideka.jpg]

3. Bant428

Bant428 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    bant428

Bant is Obi-Wan's best friend in the Jedi Temple in the JA books. my birthdate is 4/22/88

4. zhi-don_aquintas

zhi-don_aquintas Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2002
    i got my in honor of qui-gon, i chose zhi-don because don is my name and i wanted an interesting prefix. zhi sounded similar to qui and there you go. aquintas is similar to the name of the creature from the movie the faceless man. dont worry if you dont know it, because it was a B movie. about a statue that contained a living person from pompeii. he could move a somehow knew what was going on around him but after they dug him up he still thought he was in ancient rome. his name was quintilis arelias. i chose aquintas because it sounded somehow close to quintillis.

5. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Mine started as a character name from the RPG "Rifts". It started as JediJoe. That seemed a little simplistic to use anywhere else (it was thought up on the fly by some of my friends since I was so into Star Wars and the character had a lightsaber). I decided I needed something a little different for the boards and elsewhere so I changed it to LordJedi. I've been using that for about 3-4 years now.

6. Kaui-Gone-Jim

Kaui-Gone-Jim Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2002
    I liked Qui-Gon Jinn in Episdode 1 -- he was the Jedi I would aspire to be (and I'm almost as ancient.... *cough, cough, wheeze*)

I saw a brand of sunglasses called Maui Jim, and since the island of Kaui is a place I want to visit someday (I've been to the other islands, but not Kaui), it all just popped into my head.

7. darth_avery

darth_avery Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    wow! this is really cool.

Kaui-Gone-Jim- my family is from kauai! well...part of it any way!

i love the stories behind the s/n's it's so cool!

8. Theatrix

Theatrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2001
    Theatrix -

(Kinda of Cross between Theater and Tricks (trix))

I used to do a lot of work in Theatre and Film building sets, props and costumes. Theatrix was informal "company name" and e-mail address I used from the first days I got on-line (first on various BBS systems and then the web).

Tim

9. Ariana_the_RPG_Chick

Ariana_the_RPG_Chick Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Ariana is the name i made up for rping on the swcombine.com My characters full name is Ariana Kahlil. Kahlil taken fom the poet Gibran Kahlil, Ariana cause it sounds pretty :p

10. Kyps-dozen

Kyps-dozen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2002
    Kyps is my favorite character

11. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    SRB from my initials.

12. malelesbo

malelesbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    I don't even know if I can post this without getting banned, but here goes: I skipped out of a night of clubbing with my girlfriend, since I had to work early the next morning. I found out she made out with another girl that night!!!!! Instead of getting mad, though, I asked when she might be meeting this girl again, if you know what I mean...She told me she didn't think this sort of thing interested me, but I told her it DEFINITELY would. She called me a "Male Lesbian", and the nickname was born.

13. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Haha, I think that's exactly what droideka was seeing since I was seeing the same thing. Cool story.

14. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Hahaha, that's exactly what i thought when I saw your user name. I was like
    :eek: male lesbo? :eek:

no way! :p

Well, that's a lovly user name, especially since when you look at it you see that and you you go, nah, and try to figure out how to say it....
    mal-el-es-bo? hehe :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.