main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Wheres Buzz Bumble gone?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DOUBLEFRITZ, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOUBLEFRITZ

DOUBLEFRITZ Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2003
    I remember him being really helpful and observant,where has he gone,did he get booted off like me or what?Someone fill me in please!

2. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    What do you mean by 'booted off', exactly? Were you on the JC previously under a different name, and then banned?

Buzz has moved on from the NZ fanforce board after having differences with other FFNZ members. If you want to talk to him, you could try his email address in his profile, although by the looks of it, it's probably fake.

3. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    To the best of my knowledge Buzz "spat the dummy" and said he'd never post again, after a few people (me included) made some comments about the number of Star Wars parody songs he was posting in the music thread. I assume this wasn't the only reason though ... a few people got pretty annoyed with a few comments he made in the New Zealand tourism thread.

Personally, I think his input & contributions will be missed, but ... well, if you can't take the heat, stay outta the kitchen.

4. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    He went

that way ===>

He will be sadly missed. :_|

5. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    He's gone. :(

6. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Yea, Buzz did leave after people gave their views on his personal points of view on topics on this board. He got sick of being ridiculed for his PoV and left. Which is sad because he gave (me for one) quite a bit of stick (about LOTR and personal things) and I took it as a going job, but it did wear thin after a while. So I started giving him stick back. Which with most people is acceptable. Then with other things like the tourism thread and the parodys he had enough.

I hope he comes back cause he did post good information on SW sales and TV programmes as well as other things.

7. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002

Buzz was fairly elitist in his views. He shunned people who disagreed with them and whinned about things he didn't like openly instead of just agreeing to disagree. This is just my personal opinion and the general imprssion he gave to me - though I never had any clashes with him, I know others did.

Having said that, Buzz did actually post a lot of useful links on SW related items and information. In that respect, he was a bastion of knowledge in many instances. Unfortunately, his outspoken personality caused friction with others at times which tended to be the thing about him that most people found memorable.

8. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Buzz may be on the run from the Fuzz

9. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
  10. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
  11. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
  12. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    Fuzz as in police

13. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
  14. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    We all understood what you meant, but we all put " [face_plain]" faces cause it was such a stupid comment.

Well, I'm sure I'm speaking for Norrad and myself, not sure about Lisa - maybe she was just playing follow the leader.

15. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    No, I was just upping my stoopid post count.

[face_plain]

16. Norrad_Roff

Feb 26, 2001
    [face_shocked]

[face_plain]

17. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    This is turning into the Faces only thread Mark II.

18. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    buzz was a good guy, one of the originals too...........i can understand some purists getting pissed if LOTR dominates a SW board..........although leaving is a bit of a jump........

19. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    the thing is, if you're not interested in LOTR, just don't read/post in the threads ... I thing with annoyed a lot of people (esp. SithForceLord) was Buzz always posting in the LOTR thread, going on about how crap LOTR is.

20. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Sure he posted in LOTR and complained about it - but he also posted links and some info that helped. Info on figures (even thought I already knew about them etc) :p

He didn't like LOTR, he read LOTR threads, he complained about LOTR, but it didn't annoy me that much, I mean sheeesh - this is the internet - whoever takes this seriously (I've found out in my time) is very lame.

21. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    I think SFL hit the nail on the head - you can't take things too seriously online - it leads to squabbles and you never know when a mod's banning powers will get exercised....

22. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    it leads to squabbles and you never know when a mod's banning powers will get exercised....

In this case, no mod action is needed...

Hiya Humble Extra. Haven't seen you around for a while. :)

23. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    been working and such.........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.